Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• Options
    It's a newish ground anyway, so any corporate name change is unlikely to bother them as much as it did with Newcastle.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    It's a newish ground anyway, so any corporate name change is unlikely to bother them as much as it did with Newcastle.
    Hasn't it had a couple of names already?
  • Options
    Hope they wait until Derby are mathematically safe and then relegate them anyway. 

Would be payback for what they did to the other clubs they relegated last season.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60267390

Former Derby County owner Mel Morris has invited Middlesbrough and Wycombe to take their compensation claims to the High Court against him personally.

Boro and Wycombe claim they lost out on the play-offs and surviving relegation due to Derby's financial rule breaches.

The EFL has told Derby's administrators Quantuma both claims must be treated as "football-related debts" and insolvency laws must not be used to settle them.

Morris believes his proposal would "unlock the impasse" over Derby's sale.

He said: "I invite Boro, and in due course Wycombe if they so wish, to take their claims to the High Court against me personally.

"Let Derby County move on for the benefit of the fans, the city of Derby, the sport and the EFL."

Morris, who still owns Pride Park, put the club into administration in September and they have since been deducted 21 points, leaving them seven points from safety in the Championship.

It has been suggested a total payment of about £7m would settle the issues involving Middlesbrough and Wycombe which are partly holding up the sale of the club.

Boro missed out on the play-offs to Derby by a point in 2019 while the Chairboys would have stayed up last season had the cases against the Rams been dealt with sooner.

"I sincerely hope the EFL, Boro and Wycombe will respond urgently and constructively to my proposal to unlock the impasse," Morris added.

"By preserving the rights of these parties to pursue their claims through the High Court, I can see no reason why the EFL cannot allow Derby County to exit administration without issue or concern that it would be contrary to their rules, articles and insolvency policy.

"I have informed Quantuma of my proposal so they may discuss it with the EFL, Boro, Wycombe and potential bidders."

The EFL said it would review Morris' proposal before considering its position and responding.

"In the meantime, as per Thursday's statement, the offer to engage with Mr Morris and all other stakeholders remains in place as we seek to find the compromises required to protect Derby County in the long-term," the EFL added.

he knows they cant do this, just making himself look like he's done everything he possibly could for the club.
  • Options
    Derby County Football Club is looking into an insurance policy to avoid potential liquidation.

https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/uk/news/breaking-news/derby-county-turns-to-insurance-for-liquidation-lifeline-324480.aspx
    It’s interesting but would anyone take on £51m risk for £2.5m. Either the insurer is convinced the case is bogus, or they expect them to go into liquidation before a case can happen. 

I do wonder whether the case should be against the EFL as they failed to sanction Derby last season. 
    The EFL could not sanction without the evidence, which is why Derby delayed submitting their accounts until the season was well underway.

The accounts had been prepared and were ready to go but were deliberately withheld. 

IMO the EFL need to change their policy to one of ‘here is the sanction, now provide the evidence and appeal’, but there is only one party that is responsible and that is Derby County FC.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60312167

So he was going out to injure players including England teammates before a World Cup summer?  Thick.
    Haven't the FA got anything better to do than investigate something that happened in 2006, and which Terry himself has laughed about in a tweet to Rooney?
  • Options
    Derby now four points from safety 

Only way they're being relegated is more points deductions (is that possible) or if they get thrown out like Bury.
    I'm puzzled they didn't sell more players in January. They sold a few kids, but still have the likes of Tom Lawrence
    Lawrence's goals is keeping them up. I fully believe that Derby will stay up this season. Their recent form has got them just 5 points from safety & they have the players to win games. They are not a bottom 6 club because of results on the pitch & so aren't playing like one. 
  • Options
    Part of me really hopes Mike Ashley takes them over.

I don't really like how their fans seem to be portraying the EFL/Wycombe/Boro as the main protagonist's in this when the fault is quite clearly all at the door of their ex owner. And the fact they complain about the EFL is really ironic when it was the EFL who failed to relegate them last season when it was clear to everyone that's what should have happened.

But then I don't really want any fan to be without a club either and a situation like Bury should never be allowed to happen again.

So them floating round the championship/league one for a few years,  playing at the Sports Direct Arena feels a good resolution for me.
    Your penultimate paragraph I'd take issue with.  Those f****** in SE25 can go down the toilet anytime.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    32,000+ at the game today.. ok it was a local derby but shows that the Derby fans are still right behind the club
    First match they've sold out this season. 
    One more than us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    How can they field a player they haven't paid for?
  • Options
    edited February 2022

As a direct result of private conversations between Mel Morris and Steve Gibson both parties are pleased to announce that they have reached an accord on a resolution of the claims by Middlesbrough Football Club against Derby County Football Club, and others. 
  • Options
    Steve Gibson is a stand up bloke it seems to me. My Boro supporting friend has only good things to say about him.
    Lucky Derby.
    But there is Wycombe to take into account…unless the powers that be deem them to be irrelevant because they’re ’small’.
  • Options
    So does that mean Gibson has withdrawn his claim or is it basically an out of court settlement where Morris has coughed up to make him go away?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    seth plum said:
    Steve Gibson is a stand up bloke it seems to me. My Boro supporting friend has only good things to say about him.
    Lucky Derby.
    But there is Wycombe to take into account…unless the powers that be deem  to be irrelevant because they’re ’small’.
    I think it’s the relative values of the claims - Wycombe was something like £5m, Boro was £45+m. I’m sure a serious buyer could accept the Wycombe risk, but an extra £45m is a bit much to take on. 
  • Options
    So does that mean Gibson has withdrawn his claim or is it basically an out of court settlement where Morris has coughed up to make him go away?
    Boro playing Derby tomorrow (Saturday). Be prepared for Derby to roll over & let Boro win. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Lucky Derby.
    But there is Wycombe to take into account…unless the powers that be deem them to be irrelevant because they’re ’small’.
    Really? I've never seen him on Live at The Apollo.
  • Options

Derby County's administrators Quantuma have been asked for an "urgent" update by the English Football League, with a proof of funding deadline looming.

Quantuma were given until the start of March to show how the Rams would be funded for the rest of the season, after a four-week extension was given.

However, the EFL say that evidence has still not been provided, with no news on a preferred bidder for the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60559677

• Options
    clive said:

Derby County's administrators Quantuma have been asked for an "urgent" update by the English Football League, with a proof of funding deadline looming.

Quantuma were given until the start of March to show how the Rams would be funded for the rest of the season, after a four-week extension was given.

However, the EFL say that evidence has still not been provided, with no news on a preferred bidder for the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60559677

I don't understand why there wasn't a fire sale in January

Yes they sold a few talented youngsters, but the likes of Bielik (even with his injury problems) and Tom Lawrence must have been worth something. AND on good wages
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Derby taking the piss yet again & the EFL being weak......yet again. 

If you set a deadline with penalties/sanctions etc. then you need to stick to then. If you waiver then clubs know you arent serious & will take the puss.

The EFL already gave the administrators an extra month. Tomorrow Derby should be hit with another points deduction. 

Got to show you mean business.
    They are so weak, why are they chasing for an update? They should have said if we do not hear by the 28th Feb we are deducting 6 points. Deadline with consequences.
    That way at least they don’t look and sound like incompetent dick heads. They just never learn.

Deadline 😀 was “The beginning of March”. Fully expect the reply will be ‘should be able to get something over to you mid March’ which will mean by April. Then all they have to say is we can go another month and they have all summer.
  • Options
    This does make me think how lucky Charlton was to escape administration 12-18+ months ago.

It was scraping the barrel for at least 3 or 4 months 
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Lost again to Cardiff this evening. Relegation now looks odds on. 
    I hope they are not relegated, I hope the EFL decides that as Derby have not been able to provide evidence to show that they have the finances to complete the season by the agreed end of February deadline that they will remove them from the league immediately.

I won’t be holding my breath.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Lost again to Cardiff this evening. Relegation now looks odds on. 
    I hope they are not relegated, I hope the EFL decides that as Derby have not been able to provide evidence to show that they have the finances to complete the season by the agreed end of February deadline that they will remove them from the league immediately.

I won’t be holding my breath.
    I would like this to happen and it would be doubly satisfying if they think they have survived.

However, I have zero confidence in the EFL doing this, so would prefer them to get relegated.

It seems they still haven't provided the required information despite the extended deadline they shouldn't have been allowed
  • Options
    As they've dragged this out for so much of the season, and relegation is looking highly likely now with Reading turning things around, surely any further points penalties should be for next season now?
    I don’t think the EFL has the bottle to withdraw them from the league or make any further point deductions.

As football fans we can only hope they get relegated and that lessons are learnt.

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    As they've dragged this out for so much of the season, and relegation is looking highly likely now with Reading turning things around, surely any further points penalties should be for next season now?
    I don’t think the EFL has the bottle to withdraw them from the league or make any further point deductions.

As football fans we can only hope they get relegated and that lessons are learnt.