Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Tuesday 27 April 7pm| Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    fancy us to bounce back in a tight game and take the 3 points, League Table will look much better on Tuesday night 
  • Options
    Dont want Morgan on the wing if can be helped..good passer of the ball no doubt but goes missing too much. 

Fully understand he isnt a winger but hes so ineffectual there, its more a hindrance.

2- 0 Charlton.

Aneke & Innis 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

4-1
    Would quite enjoy that formation, but I don't feel that Adkins would drop Millar and he would be useless in behind the strikers.

He likes to run across defences to shoot, rather than make decent off the ball runs beyond or play through balls and intelligent forward thinking passes. 
    I took him out solely so he can get a rest before the weekend, if we don’t have two fit wingers then there’s no point playing a 4-3-3 with a central midfielder out wide. 

This allows us to have our most creative players on the pitch with pace on the bench.
  • Options
    Like the idea of 442 

Chuks - Washington
    Millar - Pratley - JFC - Gilbey
    Purrington - Pearce - Innis - Matthews
    Amos

I think he'll go with 433 and just swapping Maatsen in for DJ (unless Maatsen is injured) Do we know that?
  • Options

Former Addicks skipper @mattholland8 will join @skyscottminto and Curbs on CharltonTV tomorrow! What are your memories of the Ireland international?

• Options
    edited April 2021
    esseffect said:
    Like the idea of 442 

Chuks - Washington
    Amos

I think he'll go with 433 and just swapping Maatsen in for DJ (unless Maatsen is injured) Do we know that?
    Gilbey is heavily left footed, I feel he'd be quite ineffectual out right. Also Inniss is injured and Maatsen has been the last couple of weeks. I'd suggest this instead, allowing JFC a rest:

Amos 

Gunter - Famewo - Pearce - Purrington 

Matthews - Pratley - Gilbey - Millar

Aneke - Washington
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:
    Like the idea of 442 

Chuks - Washington
    Amos

Gilbey is heavily left footed, I feel he'd be quite ineffectual out right. Also Inniss is injured and Maatsen has been the last couple of weeks. I'd suggest this instead, allowing JFC a rest:

Amos 

Aneke - Washington
    Pretty certain he’s right footed. I may be wrong but I’m 99% sure
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:
    Like the idea of 442 

Chuks - Washington
    Amos

Amos 

Aneke - Washington
    I'd be surprised if that's the case as he always drifts left, but many decent players have played on the 'Wrong side'. Maybe he could do it out right, we've just never seen him pushed to that side here.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:
    Like the idea of 442 

Chuks - Washington
    Amos

Amos 

Aneke - Washington
    I would not pick Mathews over Foster-Caskey. If going with the idea of 4-4-2 I would put Millar out right which could improve the crosses and Gilbey left. F-C and Pratley in the middle. Or if Maatsen fit play him either left or right.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    ross1 said:

Former Addicks skipper @mattholland8 will join @skyscottminto and Curbs on CharltonTV tomorrow! What are your memories of the Ireland international?

Easy way to take my money... 

Love Matty Holland 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos
    Matthews
    Innis
    Famewo
    Purrington
    Gilbey
    Shinnie
    F-C
    pratley
    Aneke
    washington

We’ve got to stop lumping the ball up to stockley as playing with two wide men both being 25 yards from him makes it very difficult to get on to the second ball and makes a very easy day  for defenders something a local pub side could work out. With Washington running the channels and getting behind the defence something Shinnie and KFC’s could play in to or the alternative hit Aneke and Washington will get on the second ball with gilbey making long runs in to the box at the far post.for these reasons I would pick the above side as we MUST BEAT CREWE prediction 3-0 charlton.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:
    Like the idea of 442 

Chuks - Washington
    Amos

Amos 

Aneke - Washington
    I'd be surprised if that's the case as he always drifts left, but many decent players have played on the 'Wrong side'. Maybe he could do it out right, we've just never seen him pushed to that side here.
    Yeah I just checked and he is right footed. Looking at his compilations you can see every pass, shot and penalty is with his right. 

I wouldn’t want him out wide, he’s just found a place in midfield and is much more effective driving from deep. 

As much as I like Adkins, he does slightly concern me with being a bit stuck on a formation. If we stick with a 4-3-3 on Tuesday, despite not having the personnel to play it properly, you can imagine that’s what we’ll be playing with for the rest of his time here. I mentioned it before but I’d love to see one of the youngsters given a go out wide.
  • Options
    If we are to play 4-3-3, why not put out best three strikers up front. Stockley and Washington with Chucks in the hole.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:
    Like the idea of 442 

Chuks - Washington
    Amos

Amos 

Aneke - Washington

He’s right footed.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:
    Like the idea of 442 

Chuks - Washington
    Amos

Amos 

Aneke - Washington

That class right footed finish against Plymouth suggests you're correct.
  • Options
    Arny 23394 where’s the creativity in that side,a right back in midfield a defensive midfielder and
    a winger who can’t cross the ball really???
  • Options
    Sorry arny23394  dazzler 21 really ???
  • Options

I feel pretty confident based on a steady improvement in performances but don't know whey we can't do it at home.

If Maatsen or Washington had been available to replace DJ we might have won on Saturday.

Morgan is a promising passing central midfielder-a younger more mobile version of  Watson but he is no winger and he very rarely scores or hits the target. I agree with whoever pointed out on the match thread that Watson is not a defensive midfielder he is just a slow midfielder with a good pass on him. I would rather see Pratley putting the boot in and getting booked or even Morgan in that holding role which might suit him. 

Stockley needs a break and we need to stop lumping it up to him when he is isolated. Its a waste of effort. 

Chuks with Maatsen or Washington on the right side with Pratley or Morgan as the holding man please. Otherwise unchanged.

Millar to be given photos of Stockley and Chuks to memorise.

2-1. Squeaky bottom at the end as usual. 

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Two, possibly three, changes I reckon.

Washington in for DJ. I like the flexibility between 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 that Washington could give us. Hopefully he'd feed well off a few Stockley knock downs. 

Other changes: Famewo in for Inniss and/or Pratley in for Watson.

Is Maatsen fit enough to start? I could see him coming on for Purrington/Millar late in the game if we need a spark.

Expecting the rest of the team to stay the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Davo53 said:
    Sorry arny23394  dazzler 21 really ???
    It was in reply to Essefect's 4-4-2.

Amos

Matthews - Inniss - Pearce - Purrington

Gilbey - F.Caskey - Pratley - Millar

Washington - Aneke

Personally if everyone is fit I'd probably be choosing this for a 4-4-2, even though I don't rate Millar:

Amos

Matthews - Famewo - Pearce - Purrington

Jaiyesimi - F.Caskey - Gilbey - Millar

Aneke - Washington

If we're going 4-3-3 and everyone is fit, then: 

Amos 

Matthews - Famewo - Pearce - Purrington

Shinnie - F.Caskey - Gilbey

Jaiyesimi - Aneke - Washington
  • Options
    Surely we've got to go all out attack in this one . I like Stockley , but would bench him for this and start Aneke and Washington . Famewo instead of Inniss for me .
  • Options
    I'd go with Maartsen to replace DJ, but on his natural left side with Millar swapping over to the right. If not, then Washington left with either Stockley or Chuks up front. Have to win this one & so need to be attacking & on the front foot from the off.

Don't often predict us to win but will make an exception this time.

3-0. 
  • Options
    As predictable and disapointing as yesterday was, i feel Ads will have the lads up for this, and we can take advantage on our immediate rivals with 3 points.

2-0
    Aneke double
    So a brace in the last 5 minutes then ?  :D
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I'd go with Maartsen to replace DJ, but on his natural left side with Millar swapping over to the right. If not, then Washington left with either Stockley or Chuks up front. Have to win this one & so need to be attacking & on the front foot from the off.

3-0. 
    Maatsen is injured too.

Just because he trained this morning does not mean they'll rush him back.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

3-0. 
    Maatsen is injured too.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-to-have-injured-player-back-for-crewe-but-winger-jaiyesimi-misses-out/
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

3-0. 
    Maatsen is injured too.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-to-have-injured-player-back-for-crewe-but-winger-jaiyesimi-misses-out/
    I'll re-iterate in a more accurate way for my feelings.

I hope he isn't rushed back. I believe we can win with a weakened side, but it won't be as easy as many are suggesting.

• Options
    arny23394 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    esseffect said:
    Like the idea of 442 

Chuks - Washington
    Amos

Amos 

Aneke - Washington

He’s right footed.
    I'd like to see
                                   Amos 

Matthews - Famewo - Inniss - Purrington 
                                 Watson

JFC - Gilbey - Millar

Aneke        Stockley

I think we can afford to be a bit unbalanced on the right  against a team that is almost certain to sit back. Matthews can push up and become a quasi winger.

• Options
    Can only see points for CAFC
    Ehfeuro GIF by EHF - Find  Share on GIPHY