Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Tuesday 27 April 7pm| Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Great, could have kept their mouths shut until after we made it six ;)
  • Options
    Hoping Accrington and Sunderland also help us out tonight. 

Accrington rather odd form recently, they’ve lost games 3-1 to Rochdale, 5-1 to Wimbledon and 7-0 to Peterborough, yet last two games have managed a draw and win against Sunderland and Doncaster. Interesting which Accrington turns up tonight and then again for us on Saturday. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    paulfox said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Important we start strong and fast. 
    As I said to the missus last night.
    My missus said start strong but cut out the fast!!😳
    My Missus said "don't even think about it". 
    I couldn't hear what my missus said as I was in the guest room.
    She told me to keep the noise down otherwise we'd wake you up.....😉
    Are You More Emotional Or Logical  The artist movie Star trek episodes  Star trek series
  • Options
    Can see more changes tonight .. Gunter for Matthews, Maaston for Purrington ... expect Stockley to be rested for Aneke with Washington replacing DJ ..... 
  • Options
    Purrington is the new Maldini. 
    There's something I never thought I'd ever read on Charlton life. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I slipped up on Saturday and used my England mug instead of the Addicks mug for coffee. And then I failed to drink a bottle of wine during the game. I know that it sounds a bit of a lame excuse but my Addicks mug’s unbeaten run has come to its end. However, I’m geared up for tonight’s match with a bottle of Gavi chilling and waiting to be taken out of the fridge and uncorked. I wonder why this is never mentioned in the match previews as its all part of match preparations? 🥸
    Is Gavi the stuff you take for an upset stomach?
  • Options
    Big one for Adkins tonight, his failure to act early enough with subs cost us any chance Saturday. If it’s Stockley all night waiting for crosses that sail anywhere except near his head, I will not be impressed. We need to be on the front foot and go for it...... 
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Seth
  • Options
    Purrington is the new Maldini. 
    There's something I never thought I'd ever read on Charlton life. 
    Even less likely in AC Milan Life to be honest  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Had no idea Jussi Jaaskelainen's son played!

Hopefully nowhere near as good.as his Dad and let's a few in!
  • Options

Don't mention that, you'll have people entering a pit of despair over their age again
  • Options

I’ve seen him live a couple of times for Crewe. Bloody good keeper. Saves penalties too. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    It feels to me we don't get our fair share of opposing keeper howlers. Now I have said that, we might get one tonight. He says hopefully!
  • Options

I’ve seen him live a couple of times for Crewe. Bloody good keeper. Saves penalties too. 
    Oh dear that's all we need an opposition keeper that saves penalties. Odds on we get 1 tonight then lol
  • Options
    In my opinion if we are going to make the play offs we need to win 3 of our last 4. Hull are probably a step above our level (like Peterborough at times on Saturday) so a win tonight is crucial.

I fear the usual Charlton curse of injuries will prevent Aneke and Washington contributing much. I hope Maatsen is fit. His pace is useful wherever he is deployed.
  • Options
    Delighted Maatsen playing, pace, doesn't stop harassing defenders, COYR.
  • Options
    I understand Washington and Aneke are not fully fit and we’ve got to be careful to make them last these 4 games plus possibly play offs. But I’d hope to see them earlier than we did on Saturday. 
  • Options
    It s possible, even likely, we won't need them. I think it is important not to flog a dead horse though. If we are creating nothing we have to change and change quickly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A banana skin of a fixture 
    we shouldn’t  lose,  a draw is a big possibility , only a win will suffice
    i think we’re running out of promotion gas

45% Charlton
    40% Draw
    15% Crewe 
    My XG can see the wood from the trees