Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Crewe Alexandra | Tuesday 27 April

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    We are ok so far, not great in so far as possession, but we are stopping their attempts at anything attacking, so be interesting to see what if any half time subs, would be a good game for Chuks and Washington to get something sorted up top, and get 30 minutes in maybe
  • Options
    Pretty poor all round but at least we lead at h/t. Half the team look tired (Gilbey, JFC, Watson, Matthews, Purrington, Stockley) and most of the rest are not playing well (Maatsen, Millar, Famewo). Only Pearce and Amos seem to be on it...

I do thinkg that Washington for Maaatsen would be a good move as that at least gives us an out ball. Chuks would also do a lot more than Stockley I think. Pratley may have more legs than Watson, and maybe Morgan for Gilbey would also work after an hour.

All to play for still! COYA!
  • Options
    Scruffy league one match but I feel fairly comfortable. I think we're playing okay and have got some good balls into the box. I'm nowhere near as impressed by Crewe as Curbs and Holland.
  • Options
    Crewe have been the better side, need to improve second half.
  • Options
    That was shit. Good goal scored.

We look static and honestly knackered. 

Millar doesn't know how to run in behind a player and it's doing my fucking head in! I don't think Crewe are doing much to be better..think we are letting them into the game if anything..
  • Options
    Yeah, not too good. Crewe are still drilled to press and play nice passages of football, something I hope we can look forward to next year.
  • Options
    We haven’t looked great, but we’re winning and I don’t think they’ve caused us much actual threat. They’ve had possession and decent movement, but they haven’t looked like scoring. 

We need to find another gear in the second half and put them to the sword.
  • Options
    Poor half that. Need to improve 
  • Options
    Crewe have been the better side, need to improve second half.
    To be fair they were also the better side up there on the opening day

One of these teams that have really good movement / passing - Just missing a prolific striker
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I will be constructive but we need to improve.
    Please put Aneke or Washington on Nads.
    Give Stockley a partner, Millar is having a good game but the supreme passing of the last two games has disappeared.

Just can't get my head round why you would play Maatsen on the right where he looks so uncomfortable.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    There is either fireworks going off or the have opened a firing range in the car park. 
    Southalls tarts lips gave up
  • Options
    That was shit. Good goal scored.

We look static and honestly knackered. 

Millar doesn't know how to run in behind a player and it's doing my fucking head in! I don't think Crewe are doing much to be better..think we are letting them into the game if anything..
    He also multiple times had Gilbey and Purrington ahead of him and passed to Pearce instead, which led to long balls that ended in lost possession.
  • Options
    lets have 5 subs
  • Options
    Posh 1 Donny 0
  • Options
    Honestly, I think it's looked like a reverse of Saturday. Crewe having lots of the ball but not looking like scoring. Whereas we took our best chance and have it under control without playing really well.
  • Options
    And Maatsen is left footed......playing on the right.

Coaching badges.....aren't worth a fig.
    Some of the best players in the world are left footers coming in off the right wing. Maatsen has a goal for us doing that exact thing. The ability of some of our fans to moan about any little thing at all remains the most entertaining part of match threads 
  • Options
    And Maatsen is left footed......playing on the right.

Coaching badges.....aren't worth a fig.
    Some of the best players in the world are left footers coming in off the right wing. Maatsen has a goal for us doing that exact thing. The ability of some of our fans to moan about any little thing at all remains the most entertaining part of match threads 

This might be the reason they can do it though - they aren't League One wingers.
  • Options
    Famewo has been a different player recently
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Get Millar off for Wash, switch Wash and Maatsen's side.
    Millar has been our only attacking outlet. Maatsen has been invisible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Millar off?! Whaaa
    He's been cack and stops play moving forward too often for me. He's played one decent cross all half.
    He's good with the ball at his feet & running at the oppo. Problem is (and I'll say it again) he is right footed. He cant cross with his left & invariably cuts inside & that then slows the play right down. He then passes backwards which stops everything in its tracks. 

Cant see how no-one at Liverpool haven't got him crossing with his left foot. 

Or play him on the right. 
  • Options
    Purrington sounds posh
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Famewo has been a different player recently
    Playing on the wrong side does make a difference. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Millar has been our only attacking outlet. Maatsen has been invisible
    That's because nobody's gotten the ball within twenty yards of him

The problem today isn't Maatsen, it's our clearly tired midfield. JFC or Watson probably need a rest
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Take Millar off, are you nuts? He's been involved in practically every good thing we've done.
    See my post a couple above yours. 

His lack of desire to run at players is laughable for a player looking to play above this level. He chooses to dive over tackles instead.

He's only played one decent attacking pass all half. 

I think people are forgetting we started pretty well under Nads with Millar dropped.
  • Options
    For a 3 man central midfield there are often a lot of gaps. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Has someone hacked your account? You’re normally spot on tbf
  • Options
    I think people need to get real. Ok it’s not been great. Answer one question, play average and win?, play good and don’t win?. Now isn’t the time to insist on wonderful football as much as it would be a bonus. If we get to playoffs playing shit, I’ll take it for now.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    For a 3 man central midfield there are often a lot of gaps. 
    Gilbey is often supporting Millar... As is JFC saying that.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!