Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-season Friendlies

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    se9addick said:
    DA9 said:
    My welling contact has now told me that there is a possibility of a friendly now going ahead Tuesday 13th July, what sort of squad involved he doesn’t know, allegedly we made the call for whatever reason…. Fan response maybe?
    Isn’t that when we’re supposed to play Tonbridge Wells?
    Tunbridge Wells is an X1 game, I presume Welling may be a 1st team game
    at the moment they are one and the same team !
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Why is the celtic game in doubt? Is it from our end or theirs?
    They are down to play the Massives at Celtic Park next Wednesday so their manager says. 
    Celtic have three games lined up at Celtic Manor.  Sheffield Wednesday on the 7th, us next Saturday and Bristol City on Wednesday 14th. Not sure how our game is at risk from that schedule.
    Perhaps we want to pull it seeing as we've only just got enough players to make up an XI. Usually pre-season friendlies is about giving players 45 mins into their legs. Appreciate we might take some youngsters with us but you've got have a semblance of a first team squad for those games.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Why is the celtic game in doubt? Is it from our end or theirs?
    They are down to play the Massives at Celtic Park next Wednesday so their manager says. 
    Celtic have three games lined up at Celtic Manor.  Sheffield Wednesday on the 7th, us next Saturday and Bristol City on Wednesday 14th. Not sure how our game is at risk from that schedule.
    Their game with Bristol City is at Ashton Gate.
  • Options
    No mention of Celtic match not going ahead as planned.
    In the build-up to the 2021/22 league campaign, Nigel Adkins’ men will contest warm-up games against Celtic, Dartford, Reading and Crystal Palace.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60e2f1b67a911/watch-every-pre-season-match-live-on-charltontv
  • Options
    clive said:
    In the build-up to the 2021/22 league campaign, Nigel Adkins’ men will contest warm-up games against Celtic, Dartford, Reading and Crystal Palace.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60e2f1b67a911/watch-every-pre-season-match-live-on-charltontv
    Contrary to what I said previously. I now believe the game is going ahead.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    clive said:
    Contrary to what I said previously. I now believe the game is going ahead.
    What was the reason it may not have happened? 
  • Options
    Do we have a complete list of the pre-season fixtures on the OS? I can’t see it anywhere and none are showing in the fixtures section of the site.
  • Options
    clive said:
    U23's pre-seasons are slow being advertised, TWells and Maidstone aside.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Do we have a complete list of the pre-season fixtures on the OS? I can’t see it anywhere and none are showing in the fixtures section of the site.

Saturday, July 10th – Celtic (N) 3pm

Saturday, July 17th – Dartford (A) 3pm

Saturday, July 24th – Reading (A) 2pm

Tuesday, July 27th – Crystal Palace (A) 6pm

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    se9addick said:

Are they £15 a match on Cafc TV?
  • Options
    clive said:
    se9addick said:

Are they £15 a match on Cafc TV?
    £5
  • Options
    clive said:
    se9addick said:

I thought Palarse was 7pm?
  • Options
    So I can watch us beat Palace for a fiver.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    clive said:
    se9addick said:

Yeah it is 7pm

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60c2652f5b626/charlton-to-face-crystal-palace-in-pre-season-friendly
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    CatAddick said:
    clive said:
    se9addick said:

Yeah it is 7pm

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60c2652f5b626/charlton-to-face-crystal-palace-in-pre-season-friendly
    Wouldn’t bet on it. I think the police have had second thoughts.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    clive said:
    se9addick said:

Yeah it is 7pm

Now there’s a surprise  :D
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    So a pre-season game might not go ahead.....just its Palace and not Celtic. Glad we got that one sorted.

Now.........any news on the sat 31st Usually a final game before the season starts. And usually at home.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    clive said:
    se9addick said:

Yeah it is 7pm

Reckon we'll still get some tickets?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    So a pre-season game might not go ahead.....just its Palace and not Celtic. Glad we got that one sorted.

Now.........any news on the sat 31st Usually a final game before the season starts. And usually at home.
    No one is suggesting it won’t be played. It was always a strange thing for the police to authorise as a public event IMO - it would not have been allowed at The Valley for sure - and I’ve heard they have now thought better of it, but we’ll see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we played friendlies with millwall and there was no trouble. in any case they should reduce our allocation so theres less potential trouble over a meaningless friendly
  • Options
    who will be in are preseason squad ?
  • Options

2021/22 academy pre-season friendlies

Tuesday, July 13th: U18s v Tunbridge Wells (7.45pm)

Tuesday, July 20th: U19s v Chatham Town (7.45pm)

Saturday, July 31st: U23s v Maidstone United (3pm)

Supporters who wish to attend these games should keep an eye on the oppositions' websites and social media accounts for further news on tickets and entry.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60e407d132da4/academy-pre-season-friendly-information

• Options
    We're not going to Selhurst Park..... 
  • Options
    clive said:

2021/22 academy pre-season friendlies

Tuesday, July 13th: U18s v Tunbridge Wells (7.45pm)

Tuesday, July 20th: U19s v Chatham Town (7.45pm)

Saturday, July 31st: U23s v Maidstone United (3pm)

Supporters who wish to attend these games should keep an eye on the oppositions' websites and social media accounts for further news on tickets and entry.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60e407d132da4/academy-pre-season-friendly-information

so the Tunbridge Wells game is now U18's.
  • Options
    Disappointing. Got zero interest in paying to watch pre-season matches via stream.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We're not going to Selhurst Park..... 
    Done us a favour!!