Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-season Friendlies

Comments

• Options
    Has anything been sorted for the 31st July -  usually we have a home match on the last Saturday before the season starts.
    I'm reckoning a home game is nailed on, been this way for the past twenty years?
  • Options
    Cool, I’ve got a mate that lives in Tonbridge who evangelises about how good the pubs are there and then it’s just a short train to Tonbridge Wells.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Cool, I’ve got a mate that lives in Tonbridge who evangelises about how good the pubs are there and then it’s just a short train to Tonbridge Wells.
    Tunbridge Wells.
  • Options
    Chatham away on the 13th July for the development squad.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Tonbridge and Maidstone games are looking promising for me!

Saturday 31 July
    Maidstone United vs. Charlton Athletic XI

• Kick off 15:00
    • Ticket information to be announced
  • Options
    would be interested in news of tickets for the TUNBRIDGE Wells game if anyone hears anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Weird that when you click on the Charlton link it says

**All available tickets have now been sold. **

But it still allowed me to go in and buy a ticket. I assume that message is out of date and doesn't reflect the extra available
  • Options
    Also interesting that Dartford will be playing 4 L1 sides in a row at home, Ipswich, Gillingham, us and Wimbledon!
  • Options

But it still allowed me to go in and buy a ticket. I assume that message is out of date and doesn't reflect the extra available

my mate had same experience but didn't carry on like you. thanks for the tip I'll let him know
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited June 2021
    My welling contact has now told me that there is a possibility of a friendly now going ahead Tuesday 13th July, what sort of squad involved he doesn’t know, allegedly we made the call for whatever reason…. Fan response maybe?
  • Options

On the Dartford FC site too buy.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Tunbridge Wells.
    Royal Tunbridge Wells surely!
  • Options

On the Dartford FC site too buy.
    Yes, all very straight forward. Open admission

They've removed the message I mentioned earlier
  • Options
    Has it been confirmed that the Celtic game will be shown on Valley Pass along with the others.
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    Has it been confirmed that the Celtic game will be shown on Valley Pass along with the others.
    Can’t see anything on the OS confirming that it has.

Weirdly our pre-season games don’t show up in the fixtures section of the website. Not sure we’ve even confirmed the Tunbridge Wells FC friendly which takes place in a week or so. 
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    If it goes ahead.. I heard it is in doubt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:
    My welling contact has now told me that there is a possibility of a friendly now going ahead Tuesday 13th July, what sort of squad involved he doesn’t know, allegedly we made the call for whatever reason…. Fan response maybe?
    Just to add to this Erith and Belvedere (who share Welling) were meant to have a friendly that night at home, they have today announced they have moved their game to the Thursday
  • Options
    Welling lost 3-1 to Folkestone 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Isn’t that when we’re supposed to play Tonbridge Wells?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    RedJohn said:
    So have I.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    DA9 said:
    Tunbridge Wells is an X1 game, I presume Welling may be a 1st team game
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    RedJohn said:
    So have I.
    Probably binned off Celtic for the mighty Welling :smile:
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    se9addick said:
    DA9 said:
    Tunbridge Wells is an X1 game, I presume Welling may be a 1st team game
    Ah typical, ready made plans to go to the Tunbridge Wells match, sounds like I should take my boots with me!
  • Options
    Why is the celtic game in doubt? Is it from our end or theirs?
  • Options
    Is there an up-to-date list?
  • Options
    Why is the celtic game in doubt? Is it from our end or theirs?
    They are down to play the Massives at Celtic Park next Wednesday so their manager says. 
    Celtic have three games lined up at Celtic Manor.  Sheffield Wednesday on the 7th, us next Saturday and Bristol City on Wednesday 14th. Not sure how our game is at risk from that schedule.