Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-season Friendlies

Comments

• Options
    How has been allowed. Surprised that has got the go ahead with the old bill.

Random idea but maybe people could act like adults.
    Don’t be such a fantasist!
  • Options
    Wasnt the league cup game against them a few years ago where one of our fans punched the eagle they parade around the pitch?
  • Options
    Palace away, that is very very tempting
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Wasnt the league cup game against them a few years ago where one of our fans punched the eagle they parade around the pitch?
    Yup and then a load of us got bottled by Palace on way back to the station. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I imagine clubs like Reading and Palace don't want to risk paying fees to overseas clubs for friendlies which might then get restricted attendances.

So they go for a big local club instead.

The potential for aggro and the extra police costs do make it seem an odd choice but Thomas is mates with Parish and Gallen mates with Freedman, their DOF, so who knows, maybe it was agreed as a football match and other, off the field stuff not considered?
    Is there any more potential for agro than when we played Millwall 10 years ago? 
    Millwall is an easier ground to manage.
    Shame their fan ain’t.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Really? What an idiot
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Really? What an idiot
    Yep: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/charlton-fan-jailed-and-banned-from-football-games-for-punching-crystal-palace-s-eagle-mascot-a3526621.html

I was at the game but didnt see it. 

Horrible game, Luzon practically forfeit it with the 2nd string team he put out. 
  • Options
    Mick, if your reading this, I’m not going, ok.
    😎
  • Options
    Why can't it be at the Valley instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    New pitch 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    We'll probably have another team lined up for the following Saturday

Southampton maybe, them and Reading being ex-clubs of Adkins? - Not to mention the Hummel links

Else it'll be a week and a half between the Palace game and the first game of the season
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Palace away, that is very very tempting
    Sha la la la
  • Options
    I hope the Development squad fixtures are more attractive.
  • Options
    What a let down.  Big club please, Brighton or Brentford!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I imagine clubs like Reading and Palace don't want to risk paying fees to overseas clubs for friendlies which might then get restricted attendances.

So they go for a big local club instead.

The potential for aggro and the extra police costs do make it seem an odd choice but Thomas is mates with Parish and Gallen mates with Freedman, their DOF, so who knows, maybe it was agreed as a football match and other, off the field stuff not considered?
    Is there any more potential for agro than when we played Millwall 10 years ago? 
    Was there any agro at that game?
    Kicked off a bit after at LB I seem to recall
  • Options
    The last friendly will be played at the valley against a bigger club than palarse. 
    Probably Welling 
    Doubt it, given pitch is being relaid.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    IanJRO said:
    Nice that Palace get a prestige friendly. I wonder who ours will be against.
    Their fans aren't seeing it that way on their forums:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Test run for the league game the following season…nice bit of forward planning 
  • Options
    Test run for the league game the following season…nice bit of forward planning 
    If only.
  • Options
    Great place Celtic Manor….don’t remember seeing a football pitch there 
    Correct.......we are playing them at cricket.
  • Options
    I’ve heard that some club staff did a reccy there recently and it ended up in a sesh 🍺
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    I’ve heard that some club staff did a reccy there recently and ended up wearing a sash 

• Options
    Not sure if it has been posted on here. Maybe one for the Kent Addicks but a Charlton X1 are playing Maidstone United 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Not sure if it has been posted on here. Maybe one for the Kent Addicks but a Charlton X1 are playing Maidstone United 
    Do you know of any other development squad games?
    31/7 15.00 is the Maidstone game.
  • Options
    Sorry Elfsborg the Maidstone game is the only development game I know. Just thought I give a heads up to Kent adddicks . Guessing we might have a first team friendly that day at the Valley 
  • Options
    Has anything been sorted for the 31st July -  usually we have a home match on the last Saturday before the season starts.
  • Options
    Any news on the palace tickets?