Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Charlton Athletic| Sat 1 May 2021| 3pm

edited May 2021 in General Charlton
Many thanks to @aliwibble for running the Crewe match thread last time. But today I'm back in the chair hoping that we come home with 3 precious points.

Accrington Stanley: a name that would never strike fear into the likes of Chelsea and Manchester Citeh ..... but they did a job on us at The Valley in January.
Could be a tough nut to crack and not to be underestimated, having themselves claimed a 97th minute equaliser against Pompey in midweek.

I expect Mr Adkins has been up with the lark this morning, sun shining, birds singing on his morning walk.
He's already told us he and his squad have taken the positives from last Tuesday's match: “We learn the lessons from that game," he explained. Let's hope so.

The hamstrung DJ is the only definite absentee, otherwise it appears Mr Adkins has a full squad to choose from.
He could freshen up in one or two positions - but remember, he tends to make few changes and likes to keep a settled side.

Charlton: Amos; Innis, Pearce (C), Famewo; Gunter, Forster-Caskey, Pratley, Gilbey, Maatsen; Washington, Stockley

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Purrington, Morgan, Shinnie, Millar, Aneke

Want to see what Accro's ground looks like? Here's your chance on the live stream:
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Saturday's game can do so here.

All on Valley Pass ......... The Scott Minto Show, starring , erm ....... Scotty himself, broadcast from 2.15pm.
Curbs and Carlo, the pundits today ....... Leeeeeeeeeeeburn!

Come on you Addicks, 3 points today and we're still in the mix!

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Good find, @clive

*thumbs up*

PS: Don't forget to save a copy for @HenryIrving at the Museum  :smile:

• Options
    Here we are again, happy as can be, all good friends and jolly good company,,actually when I say happy and good company, I'll exclude myself who is miserable as hell.
  • Options
    Lineup concept 1 away
  • Options
    Thats a strong side 
  • Options
    3-5-2?
  • Options
    Washington playing and on the bench?
  • Options
    clive said:
    Lineup concept 1 away
    Washington bought his brother down?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least we won't have to put up with millar cutting back and losing the ball every time instead of getting a cross in! 
  • Options
    ?? Washington on bench and playing
  • Options
    3-5-2 today then
  • Options
    Imagine it's Millar on the bench? 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Imagine it's Millar on the bench? 
    Yeah it is
  • Options
    I hope mints asked leaburn about battle of the bridge. And the "come down lewisham" moment. 
  • Options
    Washington starting and on the bench. He really is great at running those channels, impressive. 

Charlton: Amos; Innis, Pearce (C), Famewo; Gunter, Forster-Caskey, Pratley, Gilbey, Maatsen; Washington, Stockley

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Purrington, Morgan, Shinnie, Millar, Aneke

• Options
    Washington starting, and sub ?
  • Options
    Interesting that we've gone for a 5 at the back and dropped both Purrington and Matthews for it, they've consistently been 2 of the better performers recently
  • Options
    Amos
    Inniss Pearce Famewo
    Gunter Forster-Caskey Pratley Maatsen
    Gilbey
    Washington Stockley

Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Purrington, Morgan, Shinnie, Millar, Aneke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Interesting that we've gone for a 5 at the back and dropped both Purrington and Matthews for it, they've consistently been 2 of the better performers recently
    Maatsen is more of a wing-back than Purrington who'd class as a full-back - I'd say the same about Matthews too being more of a wing-back than Gunter but that knock on Tuesday might be the reason for him being on the bench
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    No Millar?
    purrington drops to the bench? 

Seems a very weird lineup
  • Options
    Amos
    Gunter, Inniss, Pearce, Famewo
    JFC, Pratley, Gilbey
    Maatsen, Stockley, Millar
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    If you're playing wingbacks, then Maatsen on the left makes sense
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Maatsen is more of a wing-back than Purrington who'd class as a full-back - I'd say the same about Matthews too being more of a wing-back than Gunter but that knock on Tuesday might be the reason for him being on the bench
    I get that, just surprised by the change in shape. I think he's trying to fit Inniss and Famewo in the same side but can't drop Pearce at the moment, so rotation and a new formation is the answer
  • Options
    Washington Stockley start is what I wanted Tuesday - let's see if it works
  • Options

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    No Millar?
    purrington drops to the bench? 

Seems a very weird lineup
    If we're playing 3-5-2 then you cant really see somewhere in the team for Millar - He's a wide player by trade, he cant defend so shouldnt be playing wing-back and we've got Strikers fit so dont really need him up front
  • Options
    Amos
    Gunter, Inniss, Pearce, Famewo
    JFC, Pratley, Gilbey
    Maatsen, Stockley, Millar
    Why would we play a centre back at left back and a left back at right wing? Even if Maatsen has been up there recently this lineup doesn't make sense
  • Options
    clive said:

Am surprised there have been no predictions with Smyth scoring in a 1-0 win
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!