Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Charlton Athletic| Sat 1 May 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Oshilaja must be done then, 3 at the back, including Inniss who is a walking injury waiting to happen and he isn't on the bench.

Really highlights the imbalance of the squad where there isn't a like for like for about 8 of the starters despite having 7 subs. 
  • Options
    Here we are again, happy as can be, all good friends and jolly good company,,actually when I say happy and good company, I'll exclude myself who is miserable as hell.
    What, already? ...... I dread to think what you'll be like at 5 o'clock! :neutral:

• Options
    I'm pretty happy with that line up. For me Washington has to start because his movement up front just causes the opposition so many nightmares.

Accrington defence going to have a lot to think about covering Stockley dominance in the air whilst also stopping Washington constantly timing runs in behind them.

• Options
    Surprised Adkins has changed formation. May be a way of fitting Washington back into the team.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    sam3110 said:
    Amos
    Gunter, Inniss, Pearce, Famewo
    JFC, Pratley, Gilbey
    Maatsen, Stockley, Millar
    Why would we play a centre back at left back and a left back at right wing? Even if Maatsen has been up there recently this lineup doesn't make sense
    Famewo was playing on the left for a bit midweek and Maatsen played right wing every game he’s started since Adkins took over.
  • Options
    Looks like a 3-4-1-2 with gilbey in the 10.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Amos
    JFC, Pratley, Gilbey
    Why would we play a centre back at left back and a left back at right wing? Even if Maatsen has been up there recently this lineup doesn't make sense
    Famewo was playing on the left for a bit midweek and Maatsen played right wing every game he’s started since Adkins took over.
    He was on the left of a back 3 in the final 10 mins, bit different to starting left back in a back 4
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    See this as a 3-5-2 that can easily become 5-3-2 if we need it to. 

Amos; 

Innis, Pearce (C), Famewo; 

Gunter, F.Caskey, Pratley, Gilbey, Maatsen; 

Washington, Stockley

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Purrington, Morgan, Shinnie, Millar, Aneke

When I expected 4-3-3 again I said 1-0 loss on the predictions thread. However seeing we're going 3-5-2 it allows JFC and Gilbey to support the attack more. 

I think I can see us scoring a couple. 2-1 to Haddocks. 

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Amos
    JFC, Pratley, Gilbey
    He was on the left of a back 3 in the final 10 mins, bit different to starting left back in a back 4
    Well if it ain’t that then either Gilbey is right wing or Millar is up front.  Someone is out of position.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Surprised Adkins has changed formation. May be a way of fitting Washington back into the team.
    Although didn't we finish 3-5-2 v Crewe?

Yep, support for Stockley and 5 accross the middle. Is that to match up with Accro, perhaps  .... ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Amos
    JFC, Pratley, Gilbey
    Well if it ain’t that then either Gilbey is right wing or Millar is up front.  Someone is out of position.
    Miller is on the Judy Dench. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    It's also the first time he has had 2 strikers and 3 center backs fit to start.  Remember he didn't have Millar and Gunter over the international break and come the Doncaster game there wasn't really any other tream/system he could have picked. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Amos
    JFC, Pratley, Gilbey
    Miller is on the Judy Dench. 
    Thought Washington was?

In that case:

Amos
    Innis, Pearce, Famewo
    Gunter, Pratley, JFC, Maatsen
    Gilbey
    Stockley, Washington 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    See this as a 3-5-2 that can easily become 3-5-2 if we need it to. 

Amos; 

Washington, Stockley

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Purrington, Morgan, Shinnie, Millar, Aneke

When I expected 4-3-3 again I said 1-0 loss on the predictions thread. However seeing we're going 3-5-2 it allows JFC and Gilbey to support the attack more. 

Do you want to amend this post again Daz?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Change of formation, change of lineup, assume Nige is matching up to Accers, and has been to watch lately, with Purrington and Mathews on bench, can switch to 4-4-2 if needed.
    Be interesting to hear what Nige has to say on VP, anyway off we go with VP live, and Leaburn live with Curbs, great day ahead with the memories again, and let's hope for 3 points as an icing on the cake, nothing else will do really. COYR :)
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Amos
    JFC, Pratley, Gilbey
    Washington up top 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    See this as a 3-5-2 that can easily become 5-3-2 if we need it to. 

Amos; 

Washington, Stockley

Do you want to amend this post again Daz?
    Don't know what you mean :lol:
  • Options
    Slightly surprised not to see Schwartz on the bench seeing as this is a must win. Would have thought both Chuks and Ronnie would be in there just in case in this formation. Looks like Adkins has players on the bench for just in case we have to change the shape though, which is understandable. Need 3 points today 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adkins has just confirmed that the formation is completely to do with this game and has nothing to do with how we finished against Crewe
  • Options
    As I have already mentioned, most of my info for the matchday thread comes from CAFC and opposition tweets, so I will have to rely on others to keep us informed
  • Options
    3 CBs to defend against Accrington's aerial bombardment
  • Options
    Slightly surprised not to see Schwartz on the bench seeing as this is a must win. Would have thought both Chuks and Ronnie would be in there just in case in this formation. Looks like Adkins has players on the bench for just in case we have to change the shape though, which is understandable. Need 3 points today 
    Looks like he's kept the 4-3-3 as plan c. 

Plan A - 3-5-2

Plan B 5-3-2 

Plan C 4-3-3

No problem with that. 

• Options
    Adkins going a bit ‘Ron Manager’ there.
    Half expected a reference to jumpers for goalposts.
    😂
  • Options
    Three cente backs and a geriatric. 

Prof Positive going for it again. 

And very tough on Purrington who has been our best player for the last two matches. 

Why not at least try to win ? 

I'll be in the garden.  Wake me up when we've drawn. 
  • Options
    1 striker on the bench 🤦
  • Options
    Washington starting and on the bench. He really is great at running those channels, impressive. 
    Great news: Tommy has finally perfected his human cloning machine!
  • Options
    Exactly sam3110 ??does he really know what he’s doing. Even going 352 where’s the creativity in a midfield of Gunter pratley jf-c gilbey and Mattsen and why isn’t SHINNIE playing,far and away our most creative player, did he get caught in Adkins bed?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!