Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Charlton Athletic| Sat 1 May 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Slightly surprised not to see Schwartz on the bench seeing as this is a must win. Would have thought both Chuks and Ronnie would be in there just in case in this formation. Looks like Adkins has players on the bench for just in case we have to change the shape though, which is understandable. Need 3 points today 
    Looks like he's kept the 4-3-3 as plan c. 

Plan A - 3-5-2

Plan B 5-3-2 

Plan C 4-3-3

No problem with that. 

Every week the line out comes out and every week someone will say they are suprised Ronnie is not on the bench.

Surely it's clear now, at least for this season, that he is not trusted/rated by the management team. 
  • Options
    clive said:

Am surprised there have been no predictions with Smyth scoring in a 1-0 win
    Even we aren’t shit enough to let Paul Smyth score against us.
  • Options
    Wanted Innis & Famewo together so  ✔

Quite like 5 at the back so ✔

Like 2 up front so ✔

Prefer Mathews to Gunter as rwb, but if Matthews is injured then so be it. So hope we go for it from the off & we arent camped in our half for the first 10 mins. 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Watson out of the squad - anyone know if he has played the sufficient amount of games to trigger an extra year? Really really hope not, he’s crap.
    I think he did under bowyer 
  • Options
    Leaburn is a fun cockney geezer!! Lewisham roots!
  • Options
    Carlo talking about getting knocked out at the Battle of the Bridge
  • Options
    "Steve Wicks gave a hook, to the jaw. I went down. I wasn't happy about it."

King Carlo, master of the understatement.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Watson out of the squad - anyone know if he has played the sufficient amount of games to trigger an extra year? Really really hope not, he’s crap.
    arny23394 said:
    I think he did under bowyer 
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/ben-watson-expected-to-extend-charlton-athletic-stay-with-boss-bowyer-revealing-clause-is-game-related/
  • Options
    Three cente backs and a geriatric. 

Prof Positive going for it again. 

And very tough on Purrington who has been our best player for the last two matches. 

Why not at least try to win ? 

I'll be in the garden.  Wake me up when we've drawn. 
    Do you promise?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Standard 2-1 victory for the addicks

standard in that we are coasting then let one in with 20 mins remaining and sit back and invite pressure. 
  • Options
    I hope mints asked leaburn about battle of the bridge. And the "come down lewisham" moment. 
    What was that about ? Don't think I've ever heard that.
  • Options
    Great chat and memories with Carlo, and where is that 21" Colour TV
  • Options
    It was hinted at during Bowyer's last days, Watson was near to triggering it.

There's no pace in that team apart from Washington, so they'll have to dominate possesion.  If we're trying to overload midfield, I'd rather have Shinnie involved as he's the best ball player in tight possesion.  But then for me in a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1, Shinnie should play where Maatsen was playing as an inside forward.  Why pack the midfield and also put two up top, but leave the best crosser and ball player on the bench?
  • Options
    Chat about Mendonca on VP reminds me, when are we gonna see him with Curbs on VP, worth the £10 just to hear him and Curbs for 30 Minutes, come on now get him on
  • Options
    Good to see two up front but the 4-3-3 has been working well away from home. Back 3 is strong but I worry about the fullbacks. Are they able to defend and attack to the required level of a wing back? Not convinced by either of them to be honest. 
  • Options
    Charlton are out with the players in their Grey kit this afternoon
  • Options
    Can we just have Curbs, Leaburn & Mints chatting about the good old days & bin the game? 🤩
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    COYR (greys)
  • Options
    What’s the classical music being played at the stadium?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton are out with the players in their Grey kit this afternoon
    Boo - blue kit is better - hate the grey
  • Options
    COME ON CHARLTON !!!!!!
  • Options
    Accington KICK-OFF and away we go...
  • Options
    Awful stadium and camera angle.
  • Options
    Accrington cross in from our right but they spoon it out for a goal kick.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Looks like we've got two games for the price of one today, there's another match going on behind our goal
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Awful stadium and camera angle.
    Crap pitch as well. Sooner we get out of this league the better! 
  • Options
    More people watching the amateur match on the pitch outside the ground 🤣
  • Options
    Wow, with the greatest respect to Accrington, when you compare their ground with the Valley you wonder how on earth are we in this league?
  • Options
    Wow, with the greatest respect to Accrington, when you compare their ground with the Valley you wonder how on earth are we in this league?
    THIS
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!