Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Hull City | Sun 9th May 2021| 12noon

Comments

• Options
    That's a nice show to JFC. An ACL in the penultimate game is horrible and a nice lift from all. 
  • Options
    Looking at that 2011 squad list, I don't remember Michael Smith at ALL.
  • Options
    Paul Hayes looking like his clothes shrank in the wash
    LOL! 

Always good to see popular, old players but in some ways a bit strange he has been invited as there must be others who played much more who could come in.
  • Options
    Worth pointing out that Hull are largely unchanged after their 3-1 win against Wigan last Saturday

Regan Slater starts ahead of Richie Smallwood, Gavin Whyte comes in for George Honeyman
    Honeyman is a big loss for them. Probably offsets JFC's absence.
  • Options
    With the Aneke situation and the Maatsen and Purrs choice being 50/50 for this game This feels like a good starting 11.

• Options
    Hayes looks like a completely different person. Have they brought in a ringer?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    He was very much a youth signing from Darlington

Played the end of the Halifax FA Cup game - He's at Rotherham now
  • Options
    Interesting comparison by Curbs between JFC and Taylor.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    aliwibble said:
    Get this same feeling with so many players. Someone mentioned Rob Hulse the other day. Completely forgot he ever played for us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many times have the visiting team been given the league trophy on our pitch in recent years?
    Hull, Burnley, Bournemouth. Anyone else?

Away fans will soon be hoping to be at The Valley at the end of the season when the fixtures come out, in a similar way to us looking for a trip to Carlisle when we share a division.
  • Options
    Burton: FOUR changes, including the Goalkeeper who is in for his debut and has played for Welling on loan...
    😫 ugh. I can feel the little optimism I had leaking away. FFS.
  • Options
    This preview is great. I do love my club. Thick or thin.
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    Burton: FOUR changes, including the Goalkeeper who is in for his debut and has played for Welling on loan...
    😫 ugh. I can feel the little optimism I had leaking away. FFS.
    I'm sure Jimmy Floyd will want to do his best for us
  • Options
    Paul Hayes looking like his clothes shrank in the wash
    LOL! 

Always good to see popular, old players but in some ways a bit strange he has been invited as there must be others who played much more who could come in.
    Played under Adkins, presume that’s part of the reason. 
  • Options
    I can confidently say we've got no chance of making the playoffs and even if we did fluke our way in we'd be annihilated over two legs by any of the other teams. That's my bit of fate tempting for the day.
    Strange thing to say seeing as we have beaten all the teams in the play off spots once this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Once again, I’d have swapped Gunter for a more attacking option off the bench, given there’s a possibility we might need to throw everything at it in the final 10 mins today, but other than that the team is probably as good as it can be in the circumstances.

It is likely to be moot anyway, I don’t see both Pompey and Oxford dropping points but it should be entertaining at least today. Hopefully the team dues not freeze under the pressure - they shouldn’t as always less pressure on the hunter than the hunted. 

It’d better be worth getting up at 4:30 am for though!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    SamB09 said:
    I can confidently say we've got no chance of making the playoffs and even if we did fluke our way in we'd be annihilated over two legs by any of the other teams. That's my bit of fate tempting for the day.
    Strange thing to say seeing as we have beaten all the teams in the play off spots once this season.
    And Blackpool are the only ones we lost to on aggregate 
  • Options
    Interesting that the team finishing sixth can still face any of the other three teams in the Semi-Finals
  • Options
    All we can do is win today. Have a feeling this is the last time we'll see the vast majority of the players. Hopefully we finish strong. COYR. 
  • Options
    This build-up and coverage is just brilliant. A Premier League - no, Super League, club couldn't do it better.

I just don't see how this can stop next season.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, Inniss gets better and better on the pitch and in interviews. 
  • Options
    Has anyone done the Upbeats celebration in a game yet?
  • Options
    Josh Macguiness is excellent at hitting the bar...he can do that as much as he likes this afternoon.
  • Options
    JFH clearly remembers that we call him a fat fucker by playing a non league goal kepper!! Fat git!! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!