Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I would hope they have targeted a few of the accademy players to come through this year, these will feel like new signings and I fancy a few to break through and nail down a regular place in the squad.  
  • Would’ve thought NA would want his core of the side (more or less) to be there for the first day of pre season. So would’ve thought we’d sign 2-3 players before July 1st plus contract signing ons.
  • Would’ve thought NA would want his core of the side (more or less) to be there for the first day of pre season. So would’ve thought we’d sign 2-3 players before July 1st plus contract signing ons.
    Well, if that's the plan, better get their finger out, just over a week to go B)
  • barstool said:
    I would hope they have targeted a few of the accademy players to come through this year, these will feel like new signings and I fancy a few to break through and nail down a regular place in the squad.  
    like who? 
  • Rothko said:
    Don't know why people are surprised its slow in a tournament summer
    Maybe at the top end but I’m league one I don’t think so.
  • Locality and potential playing time are the things that may sway Tucker to us, depends on his ambition and hunger for the game where he ends up, but we really do need this type of signing to show intent, sure Steve and Co have things covered.
    He is 21. Does that not help with squad numbers as he would not count?
    He definitely will want that, as will Gallen, TS and the rest of the recruitment team. That's why it's disappointing.

I believe pre-season is starting on Thursday/Friday this week and we're going into it worse off than we finished last season.
  •  “I would have liked everybody to be in for the start of pre-season. Realistically that’s not going to happen and we’re going to have to work our way through pre-season."

That's a direct quote from NA so it does sound like there is still quite a lot of work to be done. THAT SAID, he's clearly not panicking or overly concerned yet and it seems the general approach favours taking time to sign better players rather than just getting any old player just because they are available.

The lack of names out there is a good thing I think. Suggests that we are going about things in a business-like way.
  • In terms of Amos. He is fine for us but if he goes I would like a shout out to Josef Bursik, even on loan, who impressed me a lot. I expect things will liven up in the next few days as contracts come to an end. We have players we are trying to re-sign and I appreciate all of this business can't be done publicly. But we should be seeing some activity sooner rather than latter I would imagine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did not expect it to be done … players are not going to make their minds that quickly people need to start realising that no matter what the clubs say about getting players in etc etc the power now is 100% with the players and agents … 
  • thenewbie said:
     “I would have liked everybody to be in for the start of pre-season. Realistically that’s not going to happen and we’re going to have to work our way through pre-season."

That's a direct quote from NA so it does sound like there is still quite a lot of work to be done. THAT SAID, he's clearly not panicking or overly concerned yet and it seems the general approach favours taking time to sign better players rather than just getting any old player just because they are available.

The lack of names out there is a good thing I think. Suggests that we are going about things in a business-like way.
    Indeed ...... Adkins, Gallen, etc have already spelled out the challenges facing them because they are targeting the better players.
    Other teams want them  too, perhaps Championship clubs ..... these players' agents will be attempting to get the very best deal.

Our recruitment team will have their A, B and C lists to work through. And they won't get every player on the A list - they know that.

It's all going on behind the scenes and stuff is intentionally not being leaked.
    I've every confidence in our recruitment team getting a very decent squad together as and when they can.

• Thanks for the post hero, think we have already worked out that we weren't going to be finished before pre-season, hopefully before the season starts would be great
    And definitely before it ends. 
  • I'll be surprised if a lot of money is spent during this close season. We will be shopping around for one or two quality bargains and for several to bring in on loan. I expect a small influx in late July.
    Anyway, what is the point of maintaining an expensive academy when the promising young players are constantly usurped by newcomers. Young players know the club, what is expected performance and behaviour wise and deserve a shot at making a real career.
  • MarcusH26 said:

Tucker would be an excellent move but another like Mendes Gomes where I would expect us to be blown out the water by a Championship club. 
     Are these not the kind of signings we should be making if TS is serious about getting out of this league?
    Maybe TS is taking advice from tommy driesden 
  • barstool said:
    I would hope they have targeted a few of the accademy players to come through this year, these will feel like new signings and I fancy a few to break through and nail down a regular place in the squad.  
    Which of the academy players do you think are ready to step up ?
  • I can't help thinking that the anxiety expressed by some is a mixture of juvenile pant wetting hysteria, keyboard worrier delusion and lame attempts at whoooshing the stultifyingly gullible. I'm fairly positive that SG, NA and TS have everything in hand and that we will have a squad that will be more than competitive at this level. The best players are worth waiting for.

178 pages of Acworthian* dribble.
    Both can only apply to 2 of something.  The totality of more than 2 has to be all.

* ask a grown up CAFC fan
  • RedRobin said:
    Not fussed on Amos, wouldn’t be upset if he left but equally I wouldn’t be unhappy if we kept him, it’s a bit of a weird one. 
    I think Amos is good enough in div 1 but only a number 2 if we make it to the Championship 
  • barstool said:
    Bob, why does your post sound like you are setting homework ;)
    Sorry I thought it a reasonable question as to what young players are coming through. I'll go to the back of the class.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    barstool said:
    Bob, why does your post sound like you are setting homework ;)
    Sorry I thought it a reasonable question as to what young players are coming through. I'll go to the back of the class.
    Forgiven Bob, but you have to face the wall for the rest of the lesson. :)
  • barstool said:
    We know that Adkins has high hopes for Maynard-Brewer at least, he wants him to be playing more regularly for sure. Beyond that it's always hard to tell, I'm not aware of any Shelvey/Gomez/Aribo level top prospects on the verge of first team break through but sometimes it's a surprise when they do.
  • I only see Barker & Henry having any chance this season.

I’m sure one of the SMT (Roddy?) said there was a gap between the U18’s and the first team and work needed to be done in this area. Implying the U23’s weren’t good enough to break through.

Based on this I expected us to be picking up some released Prem youngsters of that 18-19 age that could be developed in the U23’s
  • Maccn05 said:
    Rothko said:
    Don't know why people are surprised its slow in a tournament summer
    Maybe at the top end but I’m league one I don’t think so.
    It filters down, there's about £250m of potential deals in Kane, Sancho and Pope that could move this summer, and a fair bit of that, especially from say a £30m Pope deal would go down through the leagues. Spurs would spend some in the UK from any Kane money. 

I don't get why it's hard to understand that money, especially spent in the Premier League, would spark business through the leagues. 

• Maccn05 said:
    I only see Barker & Henry having any chance this season.

I’m sure one of the SMT (Roddy?) said there was a gap between the U18’s and the first team and work needed to be done in this area. Implying the U23’s weren’t good enough to break through.

Based on this I expected us to be picking up some released Prem youngsters of that 18-19 age that could be developed in the U23’s
    It was Gallen on Charlton TV, I think the pompy game. 
  • edited June 2021
    It's usually about now that someone says "I'm not going to start panicking until the January window closes".
  • edited June 2021
    MarcusH26 said:

Tucker would be an excellent move but another like Mendes Gomes where I would expect us to be blown out the water by a Championship club. 
     Are these not the kind of signings we should be making if TS is serious about getting out of this league?
    You'd hope so.

However, even if we make bids that are on a par with Championship clubs, or even better, then that old fashioned ambition thing might come into play.

I'm not sure every player is consumed by the money aspect of things. He may simply want to play in a higher division.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!