Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Anyone know what position the “definite” transfer plays?
  • Options
    I rate Wassim Aouachria but he's had a nightmare with injuries so whether he is still the player he was two years ago I don't know.

He's now 21 but is an over 6 foot tall striker so a potential understudy to Stockley but has more about him than just his height.  Had a bit of skill and could finish when I saw him.

He's also only an E way from being our first player with every vowel in his surname

FFS, I had high hopes for him until this post.  The last two young strikers you rated were Recco-Fairchild and Zac Ansah weren't they! 😂

Waz is good but not in their league
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Rothko said:
    Don't know why people are surprised its slow in a tournament summer
    Maybe at the top end but I’m league one I don’t think so.
    It filters down, there's about £250m of potential deals in Kane, Sancho and Pope that could move this summer, and a fair bit of that, especially from say a £30m Pope deal would go down through the leagues. Spurs would spend some in the UK from any Kane money. 

I don't get why it's hard to understand that money, especially spent in the Premier League, would spark business through the leagues. 

It will have some impact awaits does but I don’t agree the lower league market will be stagnant until Harry Kane goes.

I’d agree more If it was Championship players moving for big money but with the teams that went up that’s a lot of the Prem ready players gone up already Buendia as a example.

we’re still shopping in the bargain stores so shouldn’t really affect us.
  • Options
    I’m sure every team would like to be ready for pre-season, but that only has a chance of happening if planning has been carried out from the Feb onward period of the season before.  Very few clubs operate that way as well.  

There are numerous factors at play here.  The biggest I think is football in general shaking off the impact Covid has had.  I still think there are a ton of clubs who are sitting on dangerously high levels of unsustainable debt, and it is only a matter of time before a few more come out the woodwork and say we can’t go on

This in turn is probably going to have a knock on effect for players being signed and sold.  Clubs don’t know what the lay of the land looks like in terms of football’s ‘new normal’.  By that I mean, are we going to see more sustainable wage structures.  This means players who are out of contract like Aneke (as an example), will in turn wait to see if there is potentially more money on the table elsewhere.  Which means the players themselves are in a dance with the clubs whilst this all plays out.  I think and hope their days at the trough are gone.  Not because I don’t want them to earn a living, but because they’ve been earning this living against the overall health of football in general.  The lot of them are overpaid, even at this level.  

We’ve then got the Euros.  Yes, we’re not going to be competing for anyone there, but we will be competing for youngsters from clubs above us that might sign these players.  Cullen was a great example 2nd time round.  We had to wait until West Ham had decided who made up their squad before we got him back.  

It’s all noise at the moment.  Things will be progressing, and for good reason, none of us should be in the know.  I think we can’t underestimate how important TS’ strict budget is.  Remember, he has already laid out a shed load to acquire us in the middle of a pandemic.  We definitely need to compete for better players, but we also have to accept better players may be out of our reach.  

It will be a mixed summer imo.  We’ll get a few, lose out on a few and I doubt the team that starts the opening day won’t be the final squad NA wants.

I also wholeheartedly believe we’ll take advantage of the 5 loans again.  I can’t see us refreshing the squad enough just through free transfers and signings 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Yep, agree, thing is was did Marshall jump or was he pushed
  • Options
    Yep, agree, thing is was did Marshall jump or was he pushed
    Doubt he was pushed. They were probably expecting Bowyer to come in for him and were prepared. 
  • Options
    Or maybe Marshall had indicated he would see the season out and move on once finished. Also I'm pretty sure we never actually heard a definitive answer when it came to Marshy signing a new contract after bowyer did. So.maybe it was always running out?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I've heard he agreed to see the season out. No reliable source mind, just a B'ham fan I work with. 
  • Options
    You can't post a fact on a rumours thread ....... !

:smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good video about how Moneyball really works at Brentford, for those interested. They got promoted being the biggest net sellers... sellers!.... in the Championship since their promotion from L1. And how Barnsley is also playing Moneyball now and went from promotion to 17th to 5th this season. Billy Beane consults for them, btw, since 2017. Yes, if you do it right, you can be net sellers and still get promoted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHle4G5pwrE

• Options
    barstool said:
    I would hope they have targeted a few of the accademy players to come through this year, these will feel like new signings and I fancy a few to break through and nail down a regular place in the squad.  
    Which of the academy players do you think are ready to step up ?
    Charles Clayden is very good, though maybe a touch raw. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I've heard he agreed to see the season out. No reliable source mind, just a B'ham fan I work with. 
    Why didn’t you put him on the list? You can’t be selective here, it’s all or nobody 😂
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why didn’t you put him on the list? You can’t be selective here, it’s all or nobody 😂
    info came after the announcement. Mainly because I was asking what the hell Bow's doing nicking our staff!
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    So, I assume that is us out of the bidding then B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    This is exactly the sort of player we should be after if we are going to get in Europe in 5 years.  Massive lack of ambition IMO and another one we are going to miss out.  Pull your fingers out lads.  Tick tock /sarcasm 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
  • Options
    It would be the player and agent who would want to play in a higher division, Gillingham would sell to a club in the same division if the club meet their price. 
  • Options
    That makes quite literally 0 sense. Surely they just sell to the highest bidder..
    On the face of it, i agree, but they are probably trying to get him out of league 1, rather not face him next season
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Can just see the announcement now - 'Steve Gallen said on the signing of Harry Kane, "It was difficult under such a strict budget to get the deal done, but thanks to TS support and Harry really wanting to work with Adkins he decided to leave Spurs for a team with a lot more upwards potential and is ready to fire us through the 5 Year Plan, preferably in 4 years!"
  • Options
    Knowing our luck if we signed Kane we would draw Orient in the cup and Prats would break his legs in the first 2 mins lol
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Thanks Colin
    Yep.
    It's definitely him
    Careful. When I said that earlier in the week I got censored but you are right , it’s definitely him .
    I keep deleting them Beds because I don’t understand why you, Henry and others want to ‘out’ someone, particularly when they are posting nothing wrong or controversial. We as moderators know who a poster is and are happy for him to post, so that should be that. 

The Thanks Colin stuff was 7, 8 years ago and whilst amusing at the time, should now be left there please. 

Now let’s get back to the purpose of the thread. 
    Which is what, actually?  Rumours or the history of the USSR?  I admit, I'm lost.

Isn't that the formula for happiness?
  • Options
    TS being outbid again. Useless. Do we have no ambition?

He is saving up for Rooney.
  • Options
    TS being outbid again. Useless. Do we have no ambition?

He is saving up for Rooney.
    I'd rather have Rodney
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!