Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Maccn05 said:

It’s ok you can say something negative or challenging about the club or players … they’ll still love you.

Neither of them have signed so we can’t say either way can we really. It’s all just conjecture like the previous 180 pages.
    Now you're being silly.

I think I have enough of a track record of saying negative things about the club, and doing something about it, to laugh off your comment.

I don't seek or want the players to love me which is one reason I don't follow them on Instagram or over inflate their trivial social media posts. 

Apologies I seem to have touched a nerve.

My point isn't silly it's simply that it's ok that not everybody thinks everything is perfect with the club all the time and sometimes some fans will disagree with the decisions or actions made and want to discuss that.

So you don't have to jump to their defense all the time, I've noticed whenever I or others do challenge TS or NA your straight in there to shut it down, like a good old company man would. I guess you have a vested interest.

I'm pretty sure you were the same with previous owners in their early days, luckily we don't have to worry about that now we're on the right path with Thomas.
    Oh, dear,  you really are making yourself look silly now.

Yes, I was so supportive of other owners, Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Henry Irving you sycophant you! Its a disgrace!
  • Options
    Maybe Jase has got on holiday on an air bnb, got there and decided its not what it was in the advertising.....
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:

JP Insta…. Rumoured to have been at The Valley today and then posts this.

Certainly feels like a dig at somebody, maybe a broken promise on the contract.

I have to say I’m amazed he’s not signed yet if he’s going to. 
    Think you're reading far too much into this just as happened when Chuks posted a clock.

Chuks posted a clock, was it a wind up?
    Only time will tell 
    Careful, we have just got rid of fish puns, don't let's start clock puns please... :/
    Didn’t give it a second thought.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

It’s ok you can say something negative or challenging about the club or players … they’ll still love you.

Neither of them have signed so we can’t say either way can we really. It’s all just conjecture like the previous 180 pages.
    Now you're being silly.

I think I have enough of a track record of saying negative things about the club, and doing something about it, to laugh off your comment.

I don't seek or want the players to love me which is one reason I don't follow them on Instagram or over inflate their trivial social media posts. 

Apologies I seem to have touched a nerve.

My point isn't silly it's simply that it's ok that not everybody thinks everything is perfect with the club all the time and sometimes some fans will disagree with the decisions or actions made and want to discuss that.

So you don't have to jump to their defense all the time, I've noticed whenever I or others do challenge TS or NA your straight in there to shut it down, like a good old company man would. I guess you have a vested interest.

I'm pretty sure you were the same with previous owners in their early days, luckily we don't have to worry about that now we're on the right path with Thomas.
    Oh, dear,  you really are making yourself look silly now.

Yes, I was so supportive of other owners, Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Did you delete those selfies with Southall and Meire then 🤣🤣🤣

The above is my exact point try to put down and belittle an opinion that doesn’t match your own. 

Don't worry your standing is safe 👍🏼
  • Options
    Roland sent a bottle of Champagne to our table at dinner once.

What a guy!
  • Options
    Good video about how Moneyball really works at Brentford, for those interested. They got promoted being the biggest net sellers... sellers!.... in the Championship since their promotion from L1. And how Barnsley is also playing Moneyball now and went from promotion to 17th to 5th this season. Billy Beane consults for them, btw, since 2017. Yes, if you do it right, you can be net sellers and still get promoted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHle4G5pwrE

Really informative video thanks, interesting that Barnsley seem to be doing a Duchalet style empire of clubs in different countries.Perhaps they will get it right, different personalities etc.
  • Options
    Pearce has posted this, this morning.

A clear sign he's off (road)  ;)

• Options
    Maccn05 said:

Think you're reading far too much into this just as happened when Chuks posted a clock.
    His friends said he should get on TikTok, and he misunderstood
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Only time will tell 
    Careful, we have just got rid of fish puns, don't let's start clock puns please... :/
    Didn’t give it a second thought.
    It says 'watch this space', on the face of it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Richard J said:
    Good video about how Moneyball really works at Brentford, for those interested. They got promoted being the biggest net sellers... sellers!.... in the Championship since their promotion from L1. And how Barnsley is also playing Moneyball now and went from promotion to 17th to 5th this season. Billy Beane consults for them, btw, since 2017. Yes, if you do it right, you can be net sellers and still get promoted.

Really informative video thanks, interesting that Barnsley seem to be doing a Duchalet style empire of clubs in different countries.Perhaps they will get it right, different personalities etc.
    This was actually the model that Duchalet advocated. He just wasn't good at the implementation.

It really fell apart when he sold Standard Liege after that there were no clubs left that we could realistically take players off. Remember that many of the SL players played quite well for us 
    Did they? I remember most being woefully inept at Championship level. The only successful ones I can remember are Astrit Ajdarević, Bulot and Tony Watt (sort of).
  • Options

He’s off to Millwall, let’s face it, they are full of dinosaurs 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

This was actually the model that Duchalet advocated. He just wasn't good at the implementation.

It really fell apart when he sold Standard Liege after that there were no clubs left that we could realistically take players off. Remember that many of the SL players played quite well for us 
    Did they? I remember most being woefully inept at Championship level. The only successful ones I can remember are Astrit Ajdarević, Bulot and Tony Watt (sort of).
    TBH was very good, just not for very long. Yoni Buyens was a cracking player.  The keeper and Reza, the less said the better, and Koc never actually played for us.  The Romanian striker was a good player but wasn't given the time to adjust before he was bombed out. 

It's probably as good as hit rate as our more conventional signings? 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

What about Ben Haim and Buyens?

Reza and Tucudean also had their moments although they were not in my mind when I posted this.

To be clear Roland was a crap owner because the implementation of his plans were left to Katrien and Tommy boy. 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

He'd just seen Nigel drive to the shops, when it's just a 5 minute walk away...
    Could also be taken in a positive way. We will see..
  • Options

I suppose that what he drove to The Valley when he was there yesterday 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:

TBH was very good, just not for very long. Yoni Buyens was a cracking player.  The keeper and Reza, the less said the better, and Koc never actually played for us.  The Romanian striker was a good player but wasn't given the time to adjust before he was bombed out. 

It's probably as good as hit rate as our more conventional signings? 
    TBH was decent for a period, as was Roger Johnson and Bikey. Agree Buyens was a good player, probably the best penalty taker we’ve had. 

Tucudean wasn’t anywhere good enough to be a regular in the Championship, that was clear from the beginning. He had a decent touch but the game was way too quick for him. 

I’d say the hit rate is marginally worse than average, particularly when you consider the other network signings besides Liege. Such a shame really, as the model can work but it was implemented so poorly. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Reza and Tucudean also had their moments although they were not in my mind when I posted this.

To be clear Roland was a crap owner because the implementation of his plans were left to Katrien and Tommy boy. 
    Agree to an extent, I don’t think it would have ever worked as his plans were to be a farm for Premier League players. It’s not as if he had brilliant ideas that weren’t executed properly.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Wouldn’t be too fussed if Pearce didn’t sign, will be a squad player and the offer probably mirrors that. He’s not being professional making posts like that and the club won’t be too pleased. Let him go if he feels hard done by. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In blue again.  This is only going one way.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Only time will tell 
    Who said we got rid of fish puns? This is just the plaice for them. 
  • Options

Paradise Wildlife Park is a fantastic place, heartily recommended for a day out for all ages
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Agree to an extent, I don’t think it would have ever worked as his plans were to be a farm for Premier League players. It’s not as if he had brilliant ideas that weren’t executed properly.
    Brentford is in a network with a Danish club (the one that sold us Schwartz). No one at Watford now moans about the Pozzos.

My point is that a network in itself and money ball are not  bad ideas. Under Roland it was the implementation that was suspect. 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:

Paradise Wildlife Park is a fantastic place, heartily recommended for a day out for all ages
    Rubbish that's never a real dinosaur.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

In theory that's exactly the same as what your advocating we do now.  Buy cheap players and eventually sell them for loads of money.

The fact that he had a teenager in his bed room identifying the players, not professionals like Gallen, Chappel, Roddy or even his managers was the downful, not the actual idea. 
  • Options
    expect a flood of signings, transfers and redundancies in early July .. this period of the 'transfer window' is but a phony war  B)
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Brentford is in a network with a Danish club (the one that sold us Schwartz). No one at Watford now moans about the Pozzos.

My point is that a network in itself isn't a bad idea. It was the implementation that was suspect. 
    Honestly think Roland tried to follow the Pozzo model , but didn't have the same quality of players at his disposal. Watford got the likes of Abdi and Forestieri who were way above Championship standard 
  • Options
    Players should set their sights high - but you need a club to want them too. IIRC, Cullen was looking for a Championship move after his year at Bradford but one didn't materialize meaning we were able to get him.
    Cullen did get a Championship loan move after his year at Bradford; he went to Bolton.

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Only time will tell 

Yeah, someone call time on them.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!