Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    So, who next then?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    He’s just posted Pearces news with 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻 above it on that there Instagram thing
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So, who next then?
    Aneke
    I reckon later today
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I feel that JP has shaken some life into others, and more confident of some movement later.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Apparently we’re looking at Will Boyle, CB at Cheltenham. 
    Great name for a kettle.
    Don’t want him if he’s gonna let off steam on occasion.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So, who next then?
    Aneke
    I reckon later today
    Done deal
  • Options
    Lets hope JP has shaken some life into others, and I feel a bit more confident of some movement later this week.
    That will be the senokots.  ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Acab said:
    Any rumours re thread title.
    Don't be so foolish. Surely you must know the drill by know.
    🤢🤬
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So, who next then?
    Aneke
    I reckon later today
    Done deal
    How do you know this ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He’s just posted Pearces news with 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻 above it on that there Instagram thing
    WIOTOS   ;)
  • Options
    Just don't search Anekee on twitter from work 😳😳😳
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I do agree that the cryptic messages from players are a bit teenage girlish, as are some of the cryptic type childish tattoos people have - same as rappers who have to call themselves something cryptic that they think makes them seem deep and intelligent but is actually something an 8 year old could have made up - anyway, where was i - putting the cryptic nonsense to one side, i do wonder whether the academy coach appointments and the goalkeeping appointment has something to do with Pearce's comment and / or their possible trip to the valley yesterday? Who knows? Not me, not many of us but that goalkeeping coach appointment yesterday is seen by many as a bit strange given that the word is that marshall was pushed. On top of no signings so far, people are rightly concerned, even if there may actually be nothing to worry about. I'm still trusting in TS and the new set up and you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs but things definitely don't seem to be going to plan at the moment with regards to the number of new recruits and the start of pre season.   
    Bet you're glad you didn't bother with a Season Ticket then.
    eh?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I searched Annekee. She’s nice, but Chuks signing a new deal is better
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Good video about how Moneyball really works at Brentford, for those interested. They got promoted being the biggest net sellers... sellers!.... in the Championship since their promotion from L1. And how Barnsley is also playing Moneyball now and went from promotion to 17th to 5th this season. Billy Beane consults for them, btw, since 2017. Yes, if you do it right, you can be net sellers and still get promoted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHle4G5pwrE

Really informative video thanks, interesting that Barnsley seem to be doing a Duchalet style empire of clubs in different countries.Perhaps they will get it right, different personalities etc.
    This was actually the model that Duchalet advocated. He just wasn't good at the implementation.

It really fell apart when he sold Standard Liege after that there were no clubs left that we could realistically take players off. Remember that many of the SL players played quite well for us 
    Did they? I remember most being woefully inept at Championship level. The only successful ones I can remember are Astrit Ajdarević, Bulot and Tony Watt (sort of).
    Yoni Buyens and Benhaim were good for us... 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I searched Annekee. She’s nice, but Chuks signing a new deal is better
    Frenkie De Jong is welcome down the Valley any time.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    You can’t post things like that!!! Of course I’m going to search!!!

two big lumps up top!
  • Options
    Watson signed. Yay...
  • Options
    Surprised at that to be honest
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Queue the meltdown
  • Options
    I am suprised he has signed a new deal, if he triggered the renewal clause by playing the number of games he has either had a pay rise or taken a pay cut.  Intresting. 
  • Options
    Watson who next?.
  • Options
    Is it coincidence that they're announcing them on the same day? Are there more to come?
  • Options
    Is it coincidence that they're announcing them on the same day? Are there more to come?
    With England playing tonight maybe they’ll do a 3 lions pun?
  • Options
    I do wonder if the club is confirming Chuks' fitness before re-signing him or convincing him to stay, whichever is appropriate
  • Options
    It's fine to have Watson in. It just didn't work having both him and Pratley. He was a solid presence even though not dynamic, and will be a useful player as a backup or sub to help close games out. 
    I actually think the issue was when they played together for a whole game. When Ben signed I envisaged him and Pratley being rotated Bows should never have played them in the same midfield. 

If the budget had allowed I would ideally have wanted Darren still at the club because as JJ said in the Bromley Addicks meeting there were 'Pratley games'. Accrington away springs to mind.

Also both would have been useful options when closing a game down. 
  • Options
    Put it this way, the only way for our transfer window is upwards. Watson & Pearce were the least glamorous (but highly likely) signings of the summer.

From now on, it's all about contract extensions for Forster Caskey, Aneke, Amos and new signings.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!