Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Sorry if someone has mentioned before, but when do the players report for pre season? Is it tomorrow? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Good video about how Moneyball really works at Brentford, for those interested. They got promoted being the biggest net sellers... sellers!.... in the Championship since their promotion from L1. And how Barnsley is also playing Moneyball now and went from promotion to 17th to 5th this season. Billy Beane consults for them, btw, since 2017. Yes, if you do it right, you can be net sellers and still get promoted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHle4G5pwrE

Really informative video thanks, interesting that Barnsley seem to be doing a Duchalet style empire of clubs in different countries.Perhaps they will get it right, different personalities etc.
    This was actually the model that Duchalet advocated. He just wasn't good at the implementation.

It really fell apart when he sold Standard Liege after that there were no clubs left that we could realistically take players off. Remember that many of the SL players played quite well for us 
    Did they? I remember most being woefully inept at Championship level. The only successful ones I can remember are Astrit Ajdarević, Bulot and Tony Watt (sort of).
    What about Ben Haim and Buyens?

Reza and Tucudean also had their moments although they were not in my mind when I posted this.

To be clear Roland was a crap owner because the implementation of his plans were left to Katrien and Tommy boy. 
    Agree to an extent, I don’t think it would have ever worked as his plans were to be a farm for Premier League players. It’s not as if he had brilliant ideas that weren’t executed properly.
    In theory that's exactly the same as what your advocating we do now.  Buy cheap players and eventually sell them for loads of money.

The fact that he had a teenager in his bed room identifying the players, not professionals like Gallen, Chappel, Roddy or even his managers was the downful, not the actual idea. 
    It also failed because there was no ambition and we regularly appointed and sacked managers who were average at best. 

Brentford look at how they can improve and invest profit from players sales back in the squad. Roland’s vision was to float safely in the middle of the Championship. With most other clubs aiming high it’s no surprise we were relegated.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Sorry if someone has mentioned before, but when do the players report for pre season? Is it tomorrow? 
    According to Conor Washingtons instagram yeah it's tomorrow

Unsure whether any players that are yet to sign a contract will return for pre-season. They're contracted until the end of June so does that mean Chuks will be back regardless?

Will be a quiet first few weeks at the training ground at this rate
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Billy_Mix said:
    Pearce has posted this, this morning.

A clear sign he's off (road)  ;)

Paradise Wildlife Park is a fantastic place, heartily recommended for a day out for all ages
    Rubbish that's never a real dinosaur.
    I agree, Pearce is only a bit of a dinosaur.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:

It’s ok you can say something negative or challenging about the club or players … they’ll still love you.

Neither of them have signed so we can’t say either way can we really. It’s all just conjecture like the previous 180 pages.
    Now you're being silly.

I think I have enough of a track record of saying negative things about the club, and doing something about it, to laugh off your comment.

I don't seek or want the players to love me which is one reason I don't follow them on Instagram or over inflate their trivial social media posts. 

Apologies I seem to have touched a nerve.

My point isn't silly it's simply that it's ok that not everybody thinks everything is perfect with the club all the time and sometimes some fans will disagree with the decisions or actions made and want to discuss that.

So you don't have to jump to their defense all the time, I've noticed whenever I or others do challenge TS or NA your straight in there to shut it down, like a good old company man would. I guess you have a vested interest.

I'm pretty sure you were the same with previous owners in their early days, luckily we don't have to worry about that now we're on the right path with Thomas.
    Oh, dear,  you really are making yourself look silly now.

Yes, I was so supportive of other owners, Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    Did you delete those selfies with Southall and Meire then 🤣🤣🤣

The above is my exact point try to put down and belittle an opinion that doesn’t match your own. 

Don't worry your standing is safe 👍🏼
     <3<3<3  
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:

Unsure whether any players that are yet to sign a contract will return for pre-season. They're contracted until the end of June so does that mean Chuks will be back regardless?

Not sure it’s back to training till next Monday think these next few days it will be tests and checking on them .. weight etc etc 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:

Not sure it’s back to training till next Monday think these next few days it will be tests and checking on them .. weight etc etc 
    Confirmed only testing this week .. not pre season training yet ( just watched NA tweet and he mentions it ) 
  • Options
    You’d expect there will be a fair few trialists at start of pre season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any rumours re thread title.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Pearce has posted this, this morning.

A clear sign he's off (road)  ;)

Paradise Wildlife Park is a fantastic place, heartily recommended for a day out for all ages
    Rubbish that's never a real dinosaur.
    This is a real dinosaur..

Grrr
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Any rumours re thread title.
    Don't be so foolish. Surely you must know the drill by know.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:

Out of contract players usually seem to return for pre-season, unless they've got trials elsewhere or have badly fallen out with the management
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:

Out of contract players usually seem to return for pre-season, unless they've got trials elsewhere or have badly fallen out with the management
    They are under contract still, do they have to report back?  Could they risk their months notice if they didn't?  Could we forget to tell them....... 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

It’s ok you can say something negative or challenging about the club or players … they’ll still love you.

Neither of them have signed so we can’t say either way can we really. It’s all just conjecture like the previous 180 pages.
    Now you're being silly.

I think I have enough of a track record of saying negative things about the club, and doing something about it, to laugh off your comment.

I don't seek or want the players to love me which is one reason I don't follow them on Instagram or over inflate their trivial social media posts. 

Apologies I seem to have touched a nerve.

My point isn't silly it's simply that it's ok that not everybody thinks everything is perfect with the club all the time and sometimes some fans will disagree with the decisions or actions made and want to discuss that.

So you don't have to jump to their defense all the time, I've noticed whenever I or others do challenge TS or NA your straight in there to shut it down, like a good old company man would. I guess you have a vested interest.

I'm pretty sure you were the same with previous owners in their early days, luckily we don't have to worry about that now we're on the right path with Thomas.

go on my son, let him have it, you're bang on - the best way to go is to carry on pulling him up on his brown nose nonsense then eventually he'll ignore you and its a win win 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Good video about how Moneyball really works at Brentford, for those interested. They got promoted being the biggest net sellers... sellers!.... in the Championship since their promotion from L1. And how Barnsley is also playing Moneyball now and went from promotion to 17th to 5th this season. Billy Beane consults for them, btw, since 2017. Yes, if you do it right, you can be net sellers and still get promoted.

Really informative video thanks, interesting that Barnsley seem to be doing a Duchalet style empire of clubs in different countries.Perhaps they will get it right, different personalities etc.
    This was actually the model that Duchalet advocated. He just wasn't good at the implementation.

It really fell apart when he sold Standard Liege after that there were no clubs left that we could realistically take players off. Remember that many of the SL players played quite well for us 
    Did they? I remember most being woefully inept at Championship level. The only successful ones I can remember are Astrit Ajdarević, Bulot and Tony Watt (sort of).

Reza and Tucudean also had their moments although they were not in my mind when I posted this.

To be clear Roland was a crap owner because the implementation of his plans were left to Katrien and Tommy boy. 
    Agree to an extent, I don’t think it would have ever worked as his plans were to be a farm for Premier League players. It’s not as if he had brilliant ideas that weren’t executed properly.
    In theory that's exactly the same as what your advocating we do now.  Buy cheap players and eventually sell them for loads of money.

The fact that he had a teenager in his bed room identifying the players, not professionals like Gallen, Chappel, Roddy or even his managers was the downful, not the actual idea. 
    I disagree. The network of clubs were solely used to lower costs and avoid transfer fees for players - every business in the land wants to “buy cheap, sell high” - it’s not remotely comparable to being data driven with recruitment. That’s a separate model altogether.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:
    Richard J said:

Brentford is in a network with a Danish club (the one that sold us Schwartz). No one at Watford now moans about the Pozzos.

My point is that a network in itself and money ball are not  bad ideas. Under Roland it was the implementation that was suspect. 
    Not sure it’s a network at Brentford, it’s two clubs who don’t really share players. Even if they do, it’s not as if FC Midtjylland are plugging the gaps in Brentford’s squad. 

I agree, I’m not saying any one model can’t work. I’m saying the specific model under RD would have never worked, it’s not a blanket statement of networks can never be successful.
  • Options
    I do agree that the cryptic messages from players are a bit teenage girlish, as are some of the cryptic type childish tattoos people have - same as rappers who have to call themselves something cryptic that they think makes them seem deep and intelligent but is actually something an 8 year old could have made up - anyway, where was i - putting the cryptic nonsense to one side, i do wonder whether the academy coach appointments and the goalkeeping appointment has something to do with Pearce's comment and / or their possible trip to the valley yesterday? Who knows? Not me, not many of us but that goalkeeping coach appointment yesterday is seen by many as a bit strange given that the word is that marshall was pushed. On top of no signings so far, people are rightly concerned, even if there may actually be nothing to worry about. I'm still trusting in TS and the new set up and you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs but things definitely don't seem to be going to plan at the moment with regards to the number of new recruits and the start of pre season.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I do agree that the cryptic messages from players are a bit teenage girlish, as are some of the cryptic type childish tattoos people have - same as rappers who have to call themselves something cryptic that they think makes them seem deep and intelligent but is actually something an 8 year old could have made up - anyway, where was i - putting the cryptic nonsense to one side, i do wonder whether the academy coach appointments and the goalkeeping appointment has something to do with Pearce's comment and / or their possible trip to the valley yesterday? Who knows? Not me, not many of us but that goalkeeping coach appointment yesterday is seen by many as a bit strange given that the word is that marshall was pushed. On top of no signings so far, people are rightly concerned, even if there may actually be nothing to worry about. I'm still trusting in TS and the new set up and you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs but things definitely don't seem to be going to plan at the moment with regards to the number of new recruits and the start of pre season.   
    Bet you're glad you didn't bother with a Season Ticket then.
  • Options
    Haven't updated in an age... Someone that's been reading this thread daily can you tell me what to update.

• Options
    Not panicking like some on here, but I admit I expected another 3 or 4 incomings by now
  • Options
    I'm not getting carried away either way. I'm not getting a season ticket until I see positive recruitment completed, but I am expecting to. I will see how it is going after the Euros.
  • Options
    I expected more action by now but agents know we want people in asap so have us by the danglies. Will probably see some more action when contracts expire i.e. No incoming wages. The market seems pretty quiet at this time and I'm sure a lot of players are in holiday mode before their agent gives them a list of suitors. Things will pick up but it'll be a thin squad if they're starting pre season tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Pearce has signed his contract.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!