Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Put it this way, the only way for our transfer window is upwards. Watson & Pearce were the least glamorous (but highly likely) signings of the summer.

From now on, it's all about contract extensions for Forster Caskey, Aneke, Amos and new signings.
    And Matthews
  • Options
    Acab said:
    RedRobin said:
    Apparently we’re looking at Will Boyle, CB at Cheltenham. 
    Great name for a kettle.
    Don’t want him if he’s gonna let off steam on occasion.
    Or if he goes off the boil.
  • Options
    aneke did post about Pearce signing a new contract on his Instagram....depends how much you look into that....judging by the previous 4 pages I expect a full investigation 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Window shopping as opposed to the Brentford model which is buying on line. 
    We tried that with Tommy - even used on-line reviews.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Is it coincidence that they're announcing them on the same day? Are there more to come?
    Just trying to get all the bad news done, dusted & out of the way. 

The Golfometer is currently sitting between underwhelmed & meh.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Great name for a kettle.
    Not so great when he has kids.

Will Boyle Pop.

And trust his middle name isn't Lance.....
  • Options
    Not concerned because I always thought signing the right quality players was going to be difficult. Too many clubs in for same players. Having said that I am beginning  to think that things haven’t gone well and it’s actually been more difficult than the club thought. Still plenty of players and time so not moving to worried just yet but it would be nice to see something happen soon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    995632 said:
    Richard J said:
    Good video about how Moneyball really works at Brentford, for those interested. They got promoted being the biggest net sellers... sellers!.... in the Championship since their promotion from L1. And how Barnsley is also playing Moneyball now and went from promotion to 17th to 5th this season. Billy Beane consults for them, btw, since 2017. Yes, if you do it right, you can be net sellers and still get promoted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHle4G5pwrE

Really informative video thanks, interesting that Barnsley seem to be doing a Duchalet style empire of clubs in different countries.Perhaps they will get it right, different personalities etc.
    This was actually the model that Duchalet advocated. He just wasn't good at the implementation.

It really fell apart when he sold Standard Liege after that there were no clubs left that we could realistically take players off. Remember that many of the SL players played quite well for us 
    Did they? I remember most being woefully inept at Championship level. The only successful ones I can remember are Astrit Ajdarević, Bulot and Tony Watt (sort of).
    Yoni Buyens and Benhaim were good for us... 
    Buyers was a very good player at Championship level. I don't remember Benhaim much ! Was he a CB?
    Buyens,  predictive txt. 
    Use the edit button (the little wheel in right hand corner of post is your friend) but don’t thank me.

Tal Ben Haim, Israeli international played for Chelski partnered Andre Bikey (BEAST) well, for half a season.
  • Options
    I have a feeling Aneke will re-sign rather than resign! I base that on not really hearing rumours of better clubs than us being interested which I would have expected to. 
  • Options
    I was out all day when we signed Stockley

I was out this afternoon, and we re-sign Pearce and Watson

On that basis, as I expect to be out most of Thursday, expect our next transfer business then
    So, either Amos, Mathews or JFC then...🙂
  • Options
    Senpai said:

You know what really grinds my gears? This website.

It’s just a load of fans who reckon their club should be in for x player and get to write an article about it. There is never any insider info contained within, they’re just opinion pieces to fluff out a website plastered with advertising.

Thing is, the fact it’s on an EFL news site, it’ll now be a fact that Peterborough are in the race and if he signs with another League One club, it’ll be a coup. But the story here (like 90% of the stuff on this site) originated out of a Peterborough teenager’s bedroom.

I could sign up to write for them and say I reckon we should be after Harry Kane and it would probably get published. Next thing you know we’re in the race according to multiple sources. Ok probably an extreme example but you get my point.

Sorry rant over. I usually think these nonsense rumours are great fun but that website poses as something it’s not and it gets my back up. :-)
    I just googled Will Boyle and this was the latest news article I could find. The rest were a month old. I’ve not heard of the website before so I take your word for it. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Put it this way, the only way for our transfer window is upwards. Watson & Pearce were the least glamorous (but highly likely) signings of the summer.

From now on, it's all about contract extensions for Forster Caskey, Aneke, Amos and new signings.
    And Matthews
    Surprised with Matthews not sure what he waiting for or what he hopes to get ?? 
  • Options
    Josh Morris signs for Salford. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

And Matthews
    Your suprised by someone doing exactly the same thing they have done for the last 2 years?
    That’s why because he was left out in the cold both times …. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just heard Sterling wants out….
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Might have been a decent signing 3 years ago but he is 30 now, ruptured his ACL last year and has missed more than half of his matches the last 3 seasons. Surely we can do better.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    If you close your eyes and imagine Karl Pilkington, Lee Dixon disappears.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dixon seems a bit of an odd signing given how much Adkins has talked about youth
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Might have been a decent signing 3 years ago but he is 30 now, ruptured his ACL last year and has missed more than half of his matches the last 3 seasons. Surely we can do better.
    I only mentioned him because that was one of the proposed signings on deadline day.

Word on the street is that he was at the Valley ready to sign. 
  • Options
    Senpai said:
    Senpai said:

You know what really grinds my gears? This website.

It’s just a load of fans who reckon their club should be in for x player and get to write an article about it. There is never any insider info contained within, they’re just opinion pieces to fluff out a website plastered with advertising.

Thing is, the fact it’s on an EFL news site, it’ll now be a fact that Peterborough are in the race and if he signs with another League One club, it’ll be a coup. But the story here (like 90% of the stuff on this site) originated out of a Peterborough teenager’s bedroom.

I could sign up to write for them and say I reckon we should be after Harry Kane and it would probably get published. Next thing you know we’re in the race according to multiple sources. Ok probably an extreme example but you get my point.

Sorry rant over. I usually think these nonsense rumours are great fun but that website poses as something it’s not and it gets my back up. :-)
    I just googled Will Boyle and this was the latest news article I could find. The rest were a month old. I’ve not heard of the website before so I take your word for it. 
    All good - sorry, my rant wasn't aimed at you at all.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dixon seems a bit of an odd signing given how much Adkins has talked about youth
    It appears you also forget which thread you're commenting on 😂
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

And Matthews
    Your suprised by someone doing exactly the same thing they have done for the last 2 years?
    That’s why because he was left out in the cold both times …. 
    That's bollocks and you know it, do you think Bowyer bumped into him outside the job center when he went to get his morning paper, twice? 
  • Options
    Sorry to bring a different topic to this thread, but has anyone heard any rumours ?
  • Options
    Sorry to bring a different topic to this thread, but has anyone heard any rumours ?
    Fascist!!

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!