Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Maybe Harry would see us as a 'project', like Chris Wilder did... 
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    Vfrf said:
    Simonsen said:
    Khaled Narey available (just released by Hamburg, who are having a re-build). Decent Bundesliga 2 right-winger/right wing-back. Works hard, pretty quick, not flashy, very decent shot. 

Wonder if we even look at foreign players now? 
    Can't get work permits now due to b*e*

Nonsense, if we are happy to sponsor their visa they'd almost certainly get a work permit. Especially the wages a Charlton player would earn. Brexit isn't a closed door...
    Not nonsense at all.

Not making a political point, it's just a fact.

EU players had no need for visa prior to Brexit, now they do.

Only international players from top countries would have a chance to get visas and it would be hard to justify that players of similar ability weren't available from the UK for a league one club.

It's no different to the situation for non-EU players before 2016

"However, many current Championship players would not meet the new criteria and, whilst the majority of League One and League Two and Women’s Championship players are UK or Irish nationals, prospective recruits from abroad will be unlikely to obtain an endorsement."

https://www.walkermorris.co.uk/publications/brexit-new-immigration-rules-for-football-players-are-you-ready-for-the-january-transfer-window/?utm_source=Mondaq&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=LinkedIn-integrationfference

The majority of your article was focused on the January 21 window as temporary measures due to the changes before adopting a more wholistic approach. As the article states clubs apply for a sponsorship licence which will be a T2 six-year sponsorship or a T5 temporary 12 month sponsorship (loans). Any club within the top four divisions of English football can apply for a license.

It may be more difficult to sign an unknown 2nd divison Danish medfielder maybe, but for a Ronnie Schwartz with plenty of minutes under his belt in a top European league - are likely to get sponsored.

I'm sorry but it's naive to assume that there won't be a flow of international players outside of Premier League/Top 6 Championship. With a club as reputable as Charlton, sponsorship won't be the challenge especially as I said above, with the wages we'll be offering which will easily hit the threshold for employment sponsorship.

from what I've heard on "The Price of Football" podcast (Kieran Macguire)  the player you want to acquire needs to have International/Champions League pedigree to be allowed into UK.Below is Guardian 28th Dec '20 article

"It is likely, though, that clubs in the EFL will feel an effect and particularly those in the Championship, such as Brentford or Norwich City, who have built models around acquiring talented players from obscure places. Bryan Mbeumo, the Brentford forward who is one of the best players in the Championship, came from the French second division with only limited first-team appearances and youth international caps. He would not have got a permit, as would have been the case with the Norwich striker Teemu Pukki as Finland fall outside the Fifa top 50 and his former club, Brøndby, compete in the Danish league, a band 5 competition".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/football-and-brexit-a-guide-to-the-new-rules

So I am scratching my head as to how "the minister of shooting" got here, and I have no explanation. He gets points for appearing in a top 50 league(as ranked by FA and EFL), and points for number of appearances. I think that makes 12 its but he needs 15. So maybe thats where these licences come in that VfrF mentions, another route entirely? he seems very knowledgeable. Is he Steve Gallen in disguise?
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    Vfrf said:
    Simonsen said:
    Khaled Narey available (just released by Hamburg, who are having a re-build). Decent Bundesliga 2 right-winger/right wing-back. Works hard, pretty quick, not flashy, very decent shot. 

Wonder if we even look at foreign players now? 
    Can't get work permits now due to b*e*

Nonsense, if we are happy to sponsor their visa they'd almost certainly get a work permit. Especially the wages a Charlton player would earn. Brexit isn't a closed door...
    Not nonsense at all.

Not making a political point, it's just a fact.

EU players had no need for visa prior to Brexit, now they do.

Only international players from top countries would have a chance to get visas and it would be hard to justify that players of similar ability weren't available from the UK for a league one club.

It's no different to the situation for non-EU players before 2016

"However, many current Championship players would not meet the new criteria and, whilst the majority of League One and League Two and Women’s Championship players are UK or Irish nationals, prospective recruits from abroad will be unlikely to obtain an endorsement."

https://www.walkermorris.co.uk/publications/brexit-new-immigration-rules-for-football-players-are-you-ready-for-the-january-transfer-window/?utm_source=Mondaq&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=LinkedIn-integrationfference

The majority of your article was focused on the January 21 window as temporary measures due to the changes before adopting a more wholistic approach. As the article states clubs apply for a sponsorship licence which will be a T2 six-year sponsorship or a T5 temporary 12 month sponsorship (loans). Any club within the top four divisions of English football can apply for a license.

It may be more difficult to sign an unknown 2nd divison Danish medfielder maybe, but for a Ronnie Schwartz with plenty of minutes under his belt in a top European league - are likely to get sponsored.

I'm sorry but it's naive to assume that there won't be a flow of international players outside of Premier League/Top 6 Championship. With a club as reputable as Charlton, sponsorship won't be the challenge especially as I said above, with the wages we'll be offering which will easily hit the threshold for employment sponsorship.

from what I've heard on "The Price of Football" podcast (Kieran Macguire)  the player you want to acquire needs to have International/Champions League pedigree to be allowed into UK.Below is Guardian 28th Dec '20 article

"It is likely, though, that clubs in the EFL will feel an effect and particularly those in the Championship, such as Brentford or Norwich City, who have built models around acquiring talented players from obscure places. Bryan Mbeumo, the Brentford forward who is one of the best players in the Championship, came from the French second division with only limited first-team appearances and youth international caps. He would not have got a permit, as would have been the case with the Norwich striker Teemu Pukki as Finland fall outside the Fifa top 50 and his former club, Brøndby, compete in the Danish league, a band 5 competition".

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/football-and-brexit-a-guide-to-the-new-rules

So I am scratching my head as to how "the minister of shooting" got here, and I have no explanation. He gets points for appearing in a top 50 league(as ranked by FA and EFL), and points for number of appearances. I think that makes 12 its but he needs 15. So maybe thats where these licences come in that VfrF mentions, another route entirely? he seems very knowledgeable. Is he Steve Gallen in disguise?
    He was an EU national that "registered", not sure of the correct terminology, before the 31st if December. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    So, I assume that is us out of the bidding then B)
    Shame we don’t still have Oshilaja as I think Spurs would have been tempted. 
  • Options
    That makes quite literally 0 sense. Surely they just sell to the highest bidder..
    On the face of it, i agree, but they are probably trying to get him out of league 1, rather not face him next season
    Yeah I could understand that logic if this was the prem and it was a 20 goal a season striker, but it's a centre back that they'll have to go up against twice, hardly a massive threat.

Just seems like an odd tweet to me 
  • Options
    That makes quite literally 0 sense. Surely they just sell to the highest bidder..
    On the face of it, i agree, but they are probably trying to get him out of league 1, rather not face him next season
    Yeah I could understand that logic if this was the prem and it was a 20 goal a season striker, but it's a centre back that they'll have to go up against twice, hardly a massive threat.

Just seems like an odd tweet to me 
    Just Scally talking up their most saleable asset.  Not impossible but if we’d gone in for him 18 months ago when I suggested we would have had a better chance
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
     “I would have liked everybody to be in for the start of pre-season. Realistically that’s not going to happen and we’re going to have to work our way through pre-season."

That's a direct quote from NA so it does sound like there is still quite a lot of work to be done. THAT SAID, he's clearly not panicking or overly concerned yet and it seems the general approach favours taking time to sign better players rather than just getting any old player just because they are available.

The lack of names out there is a good thing I think. Suggests that we are going about things in a business-like way.
    To be fair, we don't know that. We have no idea what NA is like in private, whether he's chilled about the pace of transfer business or constantly bollocking Gallen and Roddy for the lack of signings!

With the number of players out of contract from last season, whether released, not signing new contracts yet or loan players returning to their parents, I'd suggest that of all the clubs looking for promotion, we probably need players in promptly more than most (other than Wigan). 
  • Options
    I'm not sure havent Portsmouth released quite a few ?
  • Options
    Portsmouth, Sheff Wed, Sunderland, Ipswich all in the same boat, losing most of the squad, waiting on contract renewals. Ipswich have made a good start to their recruitment, but Cook is shipping out pretty much their whole first team, so they still have a big rebuild.
  • Options
    That's what I mean when you look at those clubs plus us that alot of signings needed. League one could be an awful lot busier than the championship in transfers this year lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jorge Grant looking to leave Lincoln for the championship ….. another one of our targets thinking the championship is the place to be 

lot of players going to be sitting on the bench or not even playing next season instead of playing week in week out at a top league one side ???? 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Jorge Grant looking to leave Lincoln for the championship ….. another one of our targets thinking the championship is the place to be 

lot of players going to be sitting on the bench or not even playing next season instead of playing week in week out at a top league one side ???? 
    Who said he is/was a target?

Not could/should/would be, that actually he was. 
  • Options

Or (possibly) a lot of players will eventually realize that they are not getting the Championship move they wanted and suddenly become a lot more open to an ambitious, well placed League One club with an experienced manager.

• Options
    Players should set their sights high - but you need a club to want them too. IIRC, Cullen was looking for a Championship move after his year at Bradford but one didn't materialize meaning we were able to get him.
  • Options
    Apparently Chuks and Pearce were down The Valley today

Final goodbyes and emptying their lockers.
  • Options
    Apparently to whom?

Twitter or someone who was there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WIOTOS... eh Henry, until then just another red herring!!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    cfgs said:
    Apparently to whom?

Twitter or someone who was there?

LOCKED ON DONE DEAL then
     Certainly encouraging that they were at the Valley. Fingers crossed 🤞 
    If you believe Brad Hulyer.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I don’t have the time to plough through this thread for the occasional bit of real rumour. Please, please @aliwibble, can you do a bite size?? 
    They're too few and far between. I was trying to keep track, but works been mad and I've lost that track.
  • Options
    I don’t have the time to plough through this thread for the occasional bit of real rumour. Please, please @aliwibble, can you do a bite size?? 

The bitesize would just be a blank page at this moment in time so I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

JP Insta…. Rumoured to have been at The Valley today and then posts this.

Certainly feels like a dig at somebody, maybe a broken promise on the contract.

I have to say I’m amazed he’s not signed yet if he’s going to. 

Presumably he was offered a contract a while ago so unless that's not the case wonder what he's on about. Could just as well be a dig at another club who he's been talking with and been promised something, which is why he hasn't already extended with us.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!