Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options

The spotty kid that everyone said was wrong on Cousens etc. Reckons Wigan are getting Rochdale’s Humphry’s.

I don’t know if this spending is manageable for their new owners but if they get him & Fraser they will be looking very strong.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

The spotty kid that everyone said was wrong on Cousens etc. Reckons Wigan are getting Rochdale’s Humphry’s.

I don’t know if this spending is manageable for their new owners but if they get him & Fraser they will be looking very strong.
    Didn't the same guy say Fraser was off today? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tbf I think Paul Mullin is worth a punt on a free and for the right wage, if we could get him on a 2-3 year contract I would take him. He could either replicate last season's form and storm the league or be an option off of the bench, if we go up or stay in the division I am sure he would have takers. 

Certainly not if we still have Ronnie.  
    I agree with this. I'd definitely take a punt on Mullin but having him and Schwartz as two of the four is a risk I wouldn't want to take. If we're serious about winning this league, or even fighting for promotion, we need someone a bit more proven to compete with Stockley. I personally want someone who can hold the ball up if we're going to play 433. Mullin would be a decent replacement for Schwartz though if he goes. 
    But Mullin wants to move back up north with Bolton his likey destination 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tbf I think Paul Mullin is worth a punt on a free and for the right wage, if we could get him on a 2-3 year contract I would take him. He could either replicate last season's form and storm the league or be an option off of the bench, if we go up or stay in the division I am sure he would have takers. 

Why would that matter? Last season we had Chuks, Ronnie, Washington, most seasons we have 3-4 strikers, as long as he could be fit into the budget I don't see the harm. It could have finally clicked for him and we could reap the rewards or he's a one season wonder, we take the risk and send him out. For a fee I would say no but on a free and what you would imagine would be low wages I don't see why not 
    So you would happily go into the season with

Stockley
    Washington
    Massive gamble
    Ronnie

As your 4 strikers? 
    No, I'd be adding a fifth striker. A young, fast  whippersnapper (akin to Karlan Grant). 

At the moment we only have 3 strikers, one of which (Schwartz) is untried & untested. I think Ronnie will come good but there is no certainty and we need a proven goalscorer, especially one that is not over 6ft tall 
    Out of a squad of 20 you would have 5 strikers?  Doesn't leave much wiggle room, when have we ever had 5 first team strikers?

@Braziliance of course we need midfielders, wingers, defenders etc as well.  But this is why losing Chuks was such a big deal, much more than I think people realise yet.  To get someone like Lapado or Eisa (who people have said would be good signings) you have to pay good money and good wages, else it's a gamble on someone totally unproven.  

If anything happened to Stockley in that scenario we would be absolutely screwed. 
    I wouldn't want Lapado, already got Stockers. Eisa would fit this team like a glove imo, would be the perfect link for Stockley and the midfield if we are gonna play a 4231. He's a runner and holds the ball well, if the price was right I would be very happy with him.

There's so many good players in this league, I know it's easier said than done and it's not my money but around 2.5-3 mill and you could buy such a good squad in this league that could be championship ready
  • Options
    Hard to believe that we haven’t had somebody confirm the identity of the player at Sparrows today. Unless there wasn’t.
    Unless it was kept very secret and under the radar, I’m advised there wasn’t one 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I agree with this. I'd definitely take a punt on Mullin but having him and Schwartz as two of the four is a risk I wouldn't want to take. If we're serious about winning this league, or even fighting for promotion, we need someone a bit more proven to compete with Stockley. I personally want someone who can hold the ball up if we're going to play 433. Mullin would be a decent replacement for Schwartz though if he goes. 
    But Mullin wants to move back up north with Bolton his likey destination 
    He could move to North Woolwich. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:

Didn't the same guy say Fraser was off today? 
    He said the medical has been completed but nothing signed as of yet.

Although he was pictured training with MK Dons today, so perhaps Jarvo is making it all up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    2/3 in one day would be good at the end of the week 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Reading between the lines what NA and SG are saying would suggest the next few deals will be players who are out of contract on Wednesday ….. we may already have a couple lined up for announcement on Thursday
    Yeah, of course, because you can’t sign them or announce them until they are out of contract .....I’m amazed we managed to sign and announce MacGillivray today.
  • Options
    Sorry Jarvo. You were doing OK in terms of credibility until you posted this

• Options
    Rothko said:
    New training kit is great
    You wait until you see the new kits. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I will until a semi official source confirms our interest in Jack Tucker before getting all giddy about it. Still think he ends up getting a move to the Championship.
    @ButtleJR seemed pretty confident this morning, has been right, and admittedly wrong, before. 
    But more often right. 
    Thanks mate, wasn't me that said anything earlier about tucker was my dad haha. I only pass on info I'm given and this isn't always going to be spot on. However, when have I been wrong?😉
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Why would that matter? Last season we had Chuks, Ronnie, Washington, most seasons we have 3-4 strikers, as long as he could be fit into the budget I don't see the harm. It could have finally clicked for him and we could reap the rewards or he's a one season wonder, we take the risk and send him out. For a fee I would say no but on a free and what you would imagine would be low wages I don't see why not 

Stockley
    Washington
    Massive gamble
    Ronnie

As your 4 strikers? 
    No, I'd be adding a fifth striker. A young, fast  whippersnapper (akin to Karlan Grant). 

At the moment we only have 3 strikers, one of which (Schwartz) is untried & untested. I think Ronnie will come good but there is no certainty and we need a proven goalscorer, especially one that is not over 6ft tall 
    Out of a squad of 20 you would have 5 strikers?  Doesn't leave much wiggle room, when have we ever had 5 first team strikers?

Under the salary cap rules the squad size was 22 last year & supposed to be 21 for this season & 20 next season. The salary cap has now gone. I'm not sure if the squad sizes have also gone but I thought I read that they had, or at least the EFL were considering changing them.

But yes, in a squad of 21 I would have 5 strikers. They are they guys that win you games. If 1 gets injured (like Taylor did) and then 1 is off form, or suspended having just 2 left doesn't really get you anywhere.

Obviously the term "striker" can be interchangable with the term "winger" - but I would prefer at least 4 main strikers & another player who can do both - a bit like Grant did. 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Stockley
    Washington
    Massive gamble
    Ronnie

As your 4 strikers? 

Under the salary cap rules the squad size was 22 last year & supposed to be 21 for this season & 20 next season. The salary cap has now gone. I'm not sure if the squad sizes have also gone but I thought I read that they had, or at least the EFL were considering changing them.

But yes, in a squad of 21 I would have 5 strikers. They are they guys that win you games. If 1 gets injured (like Taylor did) and then 1 is off form, or suspended having just 2 left doesn't really get you anywhere.

Obviously the term "striker" can be interchangable with the term "winger" - but I would prefer at least 4 main strikers & another player who can do both - a bit like Grant did. 

If one is an U21 he doesn't count in the squad numbers anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Scoham said:
    Boyle played 29 times in L2, Famewo played 22 times in L1
    Boyle scored 2, Famewo scored 0
    Boyle assisted 6, Famewo assisted 1
    Boyle averaged 0.5 key passes a game, Famewo had 0.1
    Boyle averaged 48 passes per game, Famewo averaged 38
    Boyle averaged 69% pass completion, Famewo 70%

Absolute nonsense from that kid. Wouldn’t surprise me if he just looks at Football Manager.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Stockley
    Washington
    Massive gamble
    Ronnie

As your 4 strikers? 

Haven't we already got that in DJ? 

Its still 20, but I suspect it will change and hopefully be abolished. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Stockley
    Washington
    Massive gamble
    Ronnie

As your 4 strikers? 

Haven't we already got that in DJ? 

Its still 20, but I suspect it will change and hopefully be abolished. 
    Isn't it 21 for this season and 20 for 2022/2023?
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I will until a semi official source confirms our interest in Jack Tucker before getting all giddy about it. Still think he ends up getting a move to the Championship.
    @ButtleJR seemed pretty confident this morning, has been right, and admittedly wrong, before. 
    But more often right. 
    Thanks mate, wasn't me that said anything earlier about tucker was my dad haha. I only pass on info I'm given and this isn't always going to be spot on. However, when have I been wrong?😉
    So are you now saying your old man was wrong on this occasion and that your still always normally right ?!
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    But more often right. 
    So are you now saying your old man was wrong on this occasion and that your still always normally right ?!
    No, he didn't say anything was definite. He's a player we're apparently trying for. Don't believe it to be far along though. Sounds as if we've got some tough competition, but he's local. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    ..... oops!
    Why doesn't a post just disappear if you make a cock up and want to delete it, the amount of full stops I have seen, including mine B)
  • Options
    Gills Jack Bonham gone to Stoke…. Another League One player getting a step up!
  • Options
    Two battering rams up front could be effective in this division.
  • Options
    Wassim is man
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!