Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Wassim is man
    Been on the sauce again  ???
  • Options
    This is the third transfer window under TS and so far our net transfer spend in his reign is -£1.7M. I am now starting to enter “show me” mode.  Many here might be fine with lots of frees from other clubs but we are not going up with that strategy, imho. TS talked a lot of game about promotion but I want to start seeing him back that up with actual money spent. The guitar thing only gets so far with me, sorry. 
    That’s not even good trolling. 
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    This is the third transfer window under TS and so far our net transfer spend in his reign is -£1.7M. I am now starting to enter “show me” mode.  Many here might be fine with lots of frees from other clubs but we are not going up with that strategy, imho. TS talked a lot of game about promotion but I want to start seeing him back that up with actual money spent. The guitar thing only gets so far with me, sorry. 

Can't quite tell if you're fishing but I'll bite either way. Take a look at -£12m in his first season operational loss due to covering costs of the various legal battles, aquisition and losses of 2020/2021 season with no gate money and largely refunded/diverted ST money. Then take into account that these freebies we're signing are POTY for League One clubs and we actually paid a fee for Stockley.
    Every club has the same issues… Covid and lack of revenues. But other clubs we need to leapfrog are not down 10 players and with net outflows. I am past the “yeah but” mode. This is TS’ third window and I want to see him actually spend money more often and write songs less.
    It's his first transfer window without a salary cap and with time to fully plan ahead. It wasn't even possible to spend in the way you want him to until this summer.

We'll sign a lot more players in the next two months and I'll be surprised if that doesn't include a mixture of frees, loans and players for a fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Vfrf said:

Can't quite tell if you're fishing but I'll bite either way. Take a look at -£12m in his first season operational loss due to covering costs of the various legal battles, aquisition and losses of 2020/2021 season with no gate money and largely refunded/diverted ST money. Then take into account that these freebies we're signing are POTY for League One clubs and we actually paid a fee for Stockley.
    Every club has the same issues… Covid and lack of revenues. But other clubs we need to leapfrog are not down 10 players and with net outflows. I am past the “yeah but” mode. This is TS’ third window and I want to see him actually spend money more often and write songs less.
    I’ve been conducting a survey napa - could I enquire as to whether u have purchased a season ticket ?
    Napa to Charlton is a pretty long journey for a footy game to be fair to him!
  • Options
    Vfrf said:

You can hardly say TS had the summer 2020 window as he had only just taken over when the window shut. We brought in some players but by then we were shopping in the bargain bins at clearance sale time. And in January we (like all other League 1 & 2 clubs) were under a wage cap & could just about bring in some players if we let others go. 

I'm with you on the fact we are still way behind other clubs considering we have only 12 first team players......but laying lack of funding at TS' door is very wide of the mark. (Although I will end that last sentence with "at the moment")

• Options

Something wrong with the wine in Napa....?
  • Options
    Vfrf said:

10 players? We have 17 players that have played league or cup football for us (excluding pizza cup), plus a goalkeeper who has played over 100 games in our league for others.

that squad of 18 is not good enough to get us promoted, but with 6 weeks until the season starts, we are not in a bad place yet
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Wassim is man
    Been on the sauce again  ???
    So you want a minimum of 6 strikers then, or is it 7 cos Davison does not count? :p
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I will until a semi official source confirms our interest in Jack Tucker before getting all giddy about it. Still think he ends up getting a move to the Championship.
    @ButtleJR seemed pretty confident this morning, has been right, and admittedly wrong, before. 
    But more often right. 
    Thanks mate, wasn't me that said anything earlier about tucker was my dad haha. I only pass on info I'm given and this isn't always going to be spot on. However, when have I been wrong?😉
    So are you now saying your old man was wrong on this occasion and that your still always normally right ?!
    No, he didn't say anything was definite. He's a player we're apparently trying for. Don't believe it to be far along though. Sounds as if we've got some tough competition, but he's local. 
    Sorry that's my fault, I thought it was you, I will direct to your old man if it's wrong ha ha 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I will until a semi official source confirms our interest in Jack Tucker before getting all giddy about it. Still think he ends up getting a move to the Championship.
    @ButtleJR seemed pretty confident this morning, has been right, and admittedly wrong, before. 
    But more often right. 
    Thanks mate, wasn't me that said anything earlier about tucker was my dad haha. I only pass on info I'm given and this isn't always going to be spot on. However, when have I been wrong?😉
    So are you now saying your old man was wrong on this occasion and that your still always normally right ?!
    No, he didn't say anything was definite. He's a player we're apparently trying for. Don't believe it to be far along though. Sounds as if we've got some tough competition, but he's local. 
    Sorry that's my fault, I thought it was you, I will direct to your old man if it's wrong ha ha 
    That's what I've been doing my whole life 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much did Grigg cost Sunderland? Multiple millions? Two years later they're still in this poxy league.

Money spent does not equal success.
    No but evidence that spending money doesn't always work doesn't equate to spending money doesn't work.

The more you spend, all other things being equal, the better players you end up with.  Therefore the chances of promotion are better.

If you gave Gallen £1 or £10 million which one is more likely to end in promotion?

Equally if you gave Tommy D or Gallen 50p which one is more likely to end in promotion?

Its how much, about 30%, who is spending it 30% and who is managing it once you have got it 30% with 10% of luck chucked on top.

Spending a load of money doesn't mean you won't go up, equal if your exceptional, and lucky you can go up without doing so. 
  • Options
    I’d rather we were well run rather than reckless, it’s easy to try and spend soneone else’s money.

I do t want us paying over the odds for players and less they are absolutely worth it.

Would love for us to be a Leicester and find a Jamie Vardy, and build a decent squad,  rather than a QPR and just Chuck money at a problem.

If anyone is stressed out about lack of transfers, take a break from here and come back in September.
  • Options
    How much did Grigg cost Sunderland? Multiple millions? Two years later they're still in this poxy league.

Money spent does not equal success.
    No but it helps. 
  • Options
    so the million spent on players since last Jan where did that come from .. plus the money to buy the club plus the 12 mill to lodge with EFL and the 22mill loses in his first 12 months 

He only had two proper windows … plus how many deals in league one have actually had a fee ??

99% per cent of deals done in league one are free agents ( or will be June 30th )  
  • Options
    We would all rather we were well run. It isn't IMO too much to expect some very good business in the coming weeks alongside that. I expect it, but what seems to get some people's goat is the acknowledgement that we haven't seen it yet. We have lost a couple of good players and replaced one of them. We have signed a decent striker we had on loan last season. There is a lot of work to be done. I can't see why what Golfie has said, that it hasn't been done yet, can in any way be argued. I'll put this next bit in capitals THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT WON'T BE DONE. Given the comments from TS last season I genuinely expect it to be done. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!