Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Arter would be decent.  Still not 100% sure Gilbey is good enough to be part of a promotion challenging midfield.  He got a few goals under Adkins last season when he came in, but I still need to see a lot more than the 10 or so games.  I can’t tell one way or the other if he’s good enough yet
  • edited August 2021
    Richard J said:
    @Dazzler21. Can I get a positive place on the list? Despite a few people dismissing it. I called this.

As a player he is just what we need and as a left footer it means that we will have an alternative set piece taker.

Why couldn't Arter and Lee signed earlier? Really buzzing about these two signings. 
    Perhaps because their respective clubs only wanted to release them once they had finally sorted their squads and they had to wait 'til a suitable replacement was found. 

As I said a few weeks ago, it's the right signings at the right time. How many have we signed previously on loan who have hardly kicked a ball in anger for us but we are still stuck with them and can't sign anyone else because of that? The names Levitt, Smith, Smith, Smyth, Davis, Kayal and Ledley spring to mind. 
  • Cawley seems less ITK than some of the guys on here nowadays.

Don't know much about Arter but sounds good to me.
  • edited August 2021
    I am not convinced we will play Arter/Gilbey/Lee and if we do it won't be in the 4231 we have been playing.

Will we be good enough to play 4141? 

I mean out of choice not "doing a job" 
  • edited August 2021
    Richard J said:
    @Dazzler21. Can I get a positive place on the list? Despite a few people dismissing it. I called this.

As a player he is just what we need and as a left footer it means that we will have an alternative set piece taker.

Why couldn't Arter and Lee signed earlier? Really buzzing about these two signings
    Probably their own clubs seeing who came in and who would be surplus to requirements rather than anything our end.

To be fair, Gallen/Adkins/etc have been maintaining all window things would improve towards the death. They just might know what they were talking about after all.
  • Haven't seen Arter play for a few years now, but he would have needed to regress massively to not be a lot better than what we already have.
  • If we are in for Arter he is more a DM that must mean we still want another CM but a more creative one aswell due to the dempsey connections and also people like CEL saying we really like and want lowery...

if we got 2 of them a Lb and St now we are talking !

• If we are signing Arter that will be a quality midfield. I like the loan as well as not sure why he hasnt been playing at Forest. Legs gone maybe ?
  • just need to get Taylor back from them and we’d be good to go!
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    14 years between debut and 2nd appearance might be a new record.

Will have to check the Linvoy Primus stats.

@shirty5 ?
    Linvoy was way 16 years (ish) although he played 4 games in his first spell. 
    Just over 15 years. Primus made 6 not 4 appearances in his first spell with the club 
  • This is a signing that I like the sound of not just because I like the player , but it shows someone so where is seeing the same as us. Resigning Watson was clearly a mistake and from the little we have seen so far of Dobson he just lacks a bit of quality 
  • shirty5 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    14 years between debut and 2nd appearance might be a new record.

Will have to check the Linvoy Primus stats.

@shirty5 ?
    Linvoy was way 16 years (ish) although he played 4 games in his first spell. 
    Just over 15 years. Primus made 6 not 4 appearances in his first spell with the club 
    Ohh Wiki needs updating, I only looked at the league games :-(
  • Arter would be a quality signing.
    I’d be happy with him in the championship.. In league 1 I’m over the moon with it.
  • What’s not to like? Arter is a quality league one signing and a good 4 years younger than Watson was when we signed him.

Also it places Dobson and Clare firmly in the back up part of the squad.

Still not sure why we signed both of them - but I guess we need a squad. Unless Adkins has not been impressed by what he has seen.
  • The Arter signing seems great, but the fact that we are able to get him in League One makes me a bit sceptical has he completely fallen off a cliff the last couple of years? I know Fulham fans don't like him at all but obviously a huge gap between us and them where he could still be more than good enough for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Should be a solid midfield with Lee and Arter, both good well thought out loans, now go get some bloody results lads B)
  • Now I really would be surprised if we retained interest in Lowery / Dempsey
  • If Arter does sign, who gives way? Neither Clare nor Dobson has exactly shone thus far. 

I would assume it would be Clare of he's still carrying an injury, not to mention Dobson being more outright defensive would free Arter up to focus on the attacking aspects.

I've got to admit that the idea of Arter feeding passes to the likes of Kirk and Lee with Stockley as the target man is one that SOUNDS like it should be very potent.
  • Richard J said:

Why couldn't Arter and Lee signed earlier? Really buzzing about these two signings. 
    You get nothing for a guess, not in this game ;-)
  • I guess keeping Watson on (due to contract) has skewed and scarred my brain on incoming signings, especially midfielders. 

Arter will be a great replacement for another energetic left footed centre midfielder who we sometimes forget won our player of the season.
  • Loves a booking but an improvement on our weak midfield so far this season. 
  • bobmunro said:
    cafc4life said:
    After would be brilliant in league one in my opinion

Before as well.
    P.S. I saw the cheeky edit there @cafc4life

It’s early Bob, I was excited!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!