Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Bugger! I thought we had got Lyle back!
  • Last few times I've seen him he looks a red card waiting to happen. Step up from Watson then.
  • Surely Arters got to be better than Watson?
  • wmcf123 said:
    mendonca said:
    Last few times I've seen him he looks a red card waiting to happen. Step up from Watson then.
    I understand the scepticism of most of our summer signings but given how crap we are, a midfielder with a premier league past and good passing quality can only be a positive 

A better version of the Watson signing.

Dobson/ Gilbey/ Lee
    Arter / Gilbey / Lee

Expect that to be the main midfield 3 once signed and fit.

Does look better than Dobson/ Clare/ Morgan. Dobson/ Watson/ Morgan!
  • I think even a couple of years ago there was no doubting Arter's quality. If he can produce anything close to that form then he should be able to dominate in this league.

I do wonder after the last couple of seasons if he has had a dramatic drop off that sometimes happens to footballers. 

But maybe back to the club he started at, and being closer to where he grew up it might motivate him that extra bit? 

• Get Arter, Taylor, Aribo, Pope and Gomez… and Konchesky back, and I might start to believe. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Guys please don’t moan on and moan about us needing a left back, we will get there!!!
  • edited August 2021
    Would expect that at least Arter is a midfielder that won't hide from the ball, would certainly be an improvement in that regard
  • Arter always looks an all action midfielder that is a leader on the pitch, what is there not to like about this.
  • 14 years between debut and 2nd appearance might be a new record.

Will have to check the Linvoy Primus stats.

@shirty5 ?
    Linvoy was way 16 years (ish) although he played 4 games in his first spell. 
  • edited August 2021
    Kin ell , if we get  Arter there’s a small chance my face would break in to a smile , just briefly 
    I may just stop snarling.

Oh by the way, you didn't mean Kinsella was coming back and just missed a couple of letters out did you? now that would be amazing!

• That Cawley's a top journo. Not only does he find out that Arter's joining us but also that he's combining playing for us with taking a degree in economics and international relations at the University of London. 
    bloody part timer
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Arter would be brilliant in league one in my opinion
  • edited August 2021
    cafc4life said:
    After would be brilliant in league one in my opinion

Before as well.
    P.S. I saw the cheeky edit there @cafc4life

• Richard J said:
    @Dazzler21. Can I get a positive place on the list? Despite a few people dismissing it. I called this.

As a player he is just what we need and as a left footer it means that we will have an alternative set piece taker.

Why couldn't Arter and Lee signed earlier? Really buzzing about these two signings. 
    Dazzler is enjoying a self-imposed ban break. I also believe he burned the list in a fiery pit. 
  • Arter in league one 🥵
  • Arter, Gilbey and Lee would be a solid midfield for this level.

Dobson, Watson, Clare and Morgan as back up. JFC to return in the new year.

Guess it means we won't be going for Lowery and Dempsey then? Although i'd personally take advantage of them wanting to leave their clubs and still try to go for one of them.
  • Arter in league one 🥵

If he stays on the pitch, he will boss it.
  • edited August 2021
    Arter would be quality. Cultured midfielder, comfortable on the ball, brilliant tekkers. Exactly what we need. 
  • edited August 2021
    Arter would be a great signing, he will be quality in league 1. Good experience and a deep lying playmaker which is what we desperately need. A midfield of Gilbey/Arter/Lee will do well in this league. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!