Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No need for any back up wingers now CBT!!! 
    Seven players at the club across the three forward positions... Stockley, Kirk, DJ, Washington, Lee, Davison, Blackett-Taylor
    Isn't that 4 positions we need to fill, if we play 442 or 4411?
    You could make the argument for one more if we wanted to be very attacking with two out and out wingers alongside two up front.

If we were to play a 4-4-2, more often than not I'd expect us to have a wide midfielder tucked in on one side (Clare?)
  • Options
    We have not signed any under 23 players from leagues above which is a bit of a surprise.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Can’t see but is JJ in charge tonight? 
    Looks like it, can't see Nigel there
    He's in the director's box, presumably to take phone calls
  • Options
    Mad that we haven't signed a LB on loan. Would have thought you could have asked any Premier League club for an 18 year old and it would be better than Gunter attempting it on his right foot. 
  • Options
    Really dont get why we are so desperate for a CB we were outbid for Kerr now going for Lavelle again with Inniss, Famewo, Deji looking good and Pearce as backup centre back is not a priority unless there is an issue with Inniss and his fitness that we dont know about? 
  • Options
    Bar Kirk, there wasn’t talk of much of anything this summer before we made all our signings. 3 hours to go, anything can change 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I can still see an LB being signed on loan. Perhaps we are waiting for other perms to be done before we know what wage budget is left and can be offered as a % to parent clubs.
  • Options
    Left back from Forest...... Jenkison?  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Inniss can barely complete one set of 90 minutes, let alone 46 of them across several months. I would honestly expect Lavelle to come in and be first choice. Inniss can't last but would be a hell of a set piece weapon off the bench.

i would rather the better player be first choice, personally.
  • Options
    No talk of a left back.  Doesn't look like we're going to get one, which I find odd.

Signing another centre back instead of a left back doesn't make any sense to me 
    Thing is that we almost certainly WILL need a CB before very long given that Inniss is apparently made out of fine china and papier mache. I'm fairly sure this is as well as a LB not instead of.
  • Options
    No talk of a left back.  Doesn't look like we're going to get one, which I find odd.

As I keep being told, you don't have to sign the players in order of need, but sign them when they become available.

I have it on good authority we will be signing a new left back in Aug 2023.
  • Options
    Fully expect us to sign a couple of freebies after the window shuts too. I imagine lots of players are going to be announced as released over the next few days. But think we will still sign 2 more loans tonight
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Inniss is made of glass, we can’t rely on him for the entire season. Plus, whilst Deji is a great prospect, we can’t just throw him into the deep end if Inniss breaks down long term. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Left back from Forest...... Jenkison?  
    No because hes a right back. Already got one of those playing there. 
  • Options
    If Stockley gets injured we are in serious trouble. Oh and please sign a fcking LB!!!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Inniss can barely complete one set of 90 minutes, let alone 46 of them across several months. I would honestly expect Lavelle to come in and be first choice. Inniss can't last but would be a hell of a set piece weapon off the bench.

Inniss is already a cult hero and is a good player but due to his fitness, is a liability. You can't build a promotion winning team around players like that unfortunately.

Besides all of that, have you seen Lavelle play to know that Inniss is better?
  • Options
    I can still see an LB being signed on loan. Perhaps we are waiting for other perms to be done before we know what wage budget is left and can be offered as a % to parent clubs.
    LB/CB and ST, potentially all 3. Ronnie has a Calf injury, but he is not part of NA plans is what i've heard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Inniss is already a cult hero and is a good player but due to his fitness, is a liability. You can't build a promotion winning team around players like that unfortunately.

Besides all of that, have you seen Lavelle play to know that Inniss is better?
    No that's why I didn't say which should start. 

If Inniss is better he should be first choice, if Lavelle is then he should be.
  • Options
    Wont be surprised if a loan left-back has already signed and the club are trolling by leaving that announcement until last.
  • Options
    Heard something on Sam Lavelle from a Morecambe fan?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Croydon said:
    sam3110 said:
    Davison scores in the Pizza Trophy. No striker needed now.
    Tbf I think he'll be a decent option to have, but I still think we need another striker, especially if Schwartz isn't around. The issue is we play a very specific way with Stockley so really we need a backup to him, but I'd actually like us to sign a striker with a lot of pace to stretch teams instead
    Davison should be third choice and nothing more. Would much rather he was out on loan.
    He's 4th choice

Stockley
    Washington
    Lee
    Davison
    Lee is not an out and out striker - attacking midfielder more like.

We need another before 11pm IMO 
    Do you wanna bet. Brilliant goal tonight. 
    Yeah I do - he is a very good attacking midfielder which is what we need in our team. I dont want to lose that. I wouldn't sub him in for Stockley - I would rather he plays just behind him making late runs into the box.
  • Options
    Tobi Omole playing for Spurs U21’s in the Papa John’s trophy at Stevenage.
  • Options
    Heard something on Sam Lavelle from a Morecambe fan?
    They’re both out tonight. 
  • Options

It does in some ways, I think. Makeshift left backs are not good but makeshift centre halves are points lost. If Inniss is not 100% really, it makes sense.
  • Options

It does in some ways, I think. Makeshift left backs are not good but makeshift centre halves are points lost. If Inniss is not 100% really, it makes sense.
    Makeshift and Makepeace rumours are hotting up
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!