Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U18s vs Birmingham - playoff semi final live on YouTube 1pm

Comments

• Options
    Well well that was a joy to watch.Have seen some great youth coming through the ranks over the years from Bonds to Konsa.Here is to the next generation-Beadle,Santos,Barker Henry,Barstow all caught the eye today.The future is looking bright Tommy
    Don't agree on Barker, reasonably solid but didn't think he was particularly impressive. Definitely a CB though so not writing him off, but don't think he's a RB
    He completed more passes down the wing from RB into space today than I have seen from our 1st team RB's all season, 9/10 when they played that ball it went into touch
  • Options
    edited May 2021
     Cracking result for the U18’s.

Why does the cynic in me hear that Bowyer is at the game, and think he’s there tapping up Galllen!

I guess we’ve got used to being ground down by disappointment!
  • Options
     Cracking result for the U18’s.

Why does the cynic in me hear that Bowyer is at the game, and think he’s there tapping up Galllen!

I guess we’ve got used to being ground down by disappointment!
    Bowyer wasn’t there for more than a minute before kickoff so he didn’t chat to him then.  He didn’t appear to come out for the second half so I don’t think Gallen is at risk...at the moment 

interestingly Jacko, Marshall and Basey were there but I didn’t see Nigel 

• Options
    Well well that was a joy to watch.Have seen some great youth coming through the ranks over the years from Bonds to Konsa.Here is to the next generation-Beadle,Santos,Barker Henry,Barstow all caught the eye today.The future is looking bright Tommy
    Don't agree on Barker, reasonably solid but didn't think he was particularly impressive. Definitely a CB though so not writing him off, but don't think he's a RB
    Would be curious as to why he was played at Right-Back

Did we have no natural RB available and Barker was the best of the CBs to play there.. Or are the two CBs better than him centrally so he was put out there?
    Possibly because we have 3 good CB's so makes sense to use Barker at RB rather than centrally and have one miss out? I thought both of the CB's were very impressive so the right call and Barker certainly wasn't poor. Not sure about his defending for the second though. 
  • Options
    I don't think Bowyer has any say on anything other than who he picks, how he plays and how he trains at Birmingham.  If he does it's a massive step change from the previous incumbents. 
  • Options
    I couldn't quite believe what I was watching i.e. seeing football played from the back with successful 30/40 yard forward passes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beadle looked so talented. I’d be amazed if he isn’t snapped up before making his debut
  • Options
    Just caught up with the second half. At the full time whistle, watch Charlie Barker go over and console the opposition that have collapsed near him. Nice touch from a young gentleman.
    plus the keeper Beadle as well
  • Options
    cblock said:
    Just caught up with the second half. At the full time whistle, watch Charlie Barker go over and console the opposition that have collapsed near him. Nice touch from a young gentleman.
    plus the keeper Beadle as well
    two lads brought up the right way.  great to see
  • Options
    WSA said:
    I couldn't quite believe what I was watching i.e. seeing football played from the back with successful 30/40 yard forward passes.

You never saw Naby Sarr play ?
  • Options
    Missed the game cos I had to make a family visit.
    But I feel great and really excited reading everyone's comment's.
    Let's hope we can keep hold of them for next season.
  • Options
    WSA said:

You never saw Naby Sarr play ?

It wasn't one player though.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:
    A cracking couple of hours entertainment and some excellent football from our lads.

Henry was boss and the 16 year old goalie, Beadle, looks absolute mustard. Rumours of Premier League sides, including Brighton, circling but it’s inevitable that someone playing for England Under 17s is going to attract attention. A local lad from Bexley, so hopefully he’ll sign on the dotted line on his 17th birthday in July.

Very impressive from Burston as well - a couple of excellent goals and his finish in injury time was sublime.

Really looking forward to next week’s final.
    Might have been worth keeping his brother Harry on for another season to encourage James to sign...
    Harry has a pro contract at Colchester now - will be much closer to their first team than he would have at Charlton but hopefully see him back - him and his brother James could be the spine of our defence for the next 10 years 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Blucher said:
    A cracking couple of hours entertainment and some excellent football from our lads.

Henry was boss and the 16 year old goalie, Beadle, looks absolute mustard. Rumours of Premier League sides, including Brighton, circling but it’s inevitable that someone playing for England Under 17s is going to attract attention. A local lad from Bexley, so hopefully he’ll sign on the dotted line on his 17th birthday in July.

Very impressive from Burston as well - a couple of excellent goals and his finish in injury time was sublime.

Might have been worth keeping his brother Harry on for another season to encourage James to sign...
    Harry has a pro contract at Colchester now - will be much closer to their first team than he would have at Charlton but hopefully see him back - him and his brother James could be the spine of our defence for the next 10 years 
    Unless it was just a typo, I found it strange how the Colchester newspaper reported that Harry Beadle had signed a new deal there, making it sound as though he'd been with them for a while?
  • Options
    Where and when is the final being played?
  • Options
    Next weekend at either Charlton or Wigan.

Venue decided on toss of a coin
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Blucher said:

Unless it was just a typo, I found it strange how the Colchester newspaper reported that Harry Beadle had signed a new deal there, making it sound as though he'd been with them for a while?
    he's been there for a few months 
  • Options
    Impressed with the quality of football both teams produced,really,if this general across our youth teams all over the country,it is a traversty we dont go on to win things at the top level.Look at the present crop of kids we have playing at international level,Mount,Foden,Rice,and so on,it seems almost impossible not to win the euros,and every trophy for the forseeable future.
  • Options
    Impressed with the quality of football both teams produced,really,if this general across our youth teams all over the country,it is a traversty we dont go on to win things at the top level.Look at the present crop of kids we have playing at international level,Mount,Foden,Rice,and so on,it seems almost impossible not to win the euros,and every trophy for the forseeable future.
    To win international tournaments you have to pick you best players on form in each position! England have never done that. You wait until the starting 11 in the Euros first game. I bet you could put together a better team by picking from players either on the bench or left at home
  • Options
    Next weekend at either Charlton or Wigan.

Venue decided on toss of a coin
    Thank you.
  • Options
    What was really refreshing watching that game was the lack of dissent from both teams. No screaming in the referees face, crowding round him or just acting as a **** because a decision has gone against you.

Great work by the coaches who must have instilled this discipline into these kids and made it clear dissent would not be tolerated.

If only  the professional game could be played in that sort of spirit. 
    Wait until they are taught how to cheat as millions of pounds rest on it.
    Football stinks in the top divisions.