Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U18s vs Birmingham - playoff semi final live on YouTube 1pm

Comments

• Options
    We seem to have lost this thread to England....and gone away from our U18'S.
    With all this Southgate/Rashford and uncle Tom cobly stuff...has there been any result on where the final will be played, have they actually tossed their coin?, be nice to get back on topic and know where we are if anyone knows yet please, ta

Gareth Southgate is tossing it, and the coin.
  • Options
    We seem to have lost this thread to England....and gone away from our U18'S.
    With all this Southgate/Rashford and uncle Tom cobly stuff...has there been any result on where the final will be played, have they actually tossed their coin?, be nice to get back on topic and know where we are if anyone knows yet please, ta

Hah I actually thought this was the England thread whoops. 

Tbh at this point we may as well merge all threads into one big one and call it a day.
  • Options
    One more thing about picking on form.  This was the bane of Stanley Matthews's international career.  In his autobiography he complains about how there was no consistency in the England side, it was whoever had had a good couple of weeks before the next England game who got picked.
    That was always the complaint about the England cricket team in the 80s and 90s. Because a batsman gets runs against Northants, Leicestershire and Glamorgan, he then gets to face the West Indies pace quartet instead of Graham Gooch
  • Options
    I have a lot of respect for Stanley Matthews having seen him play at the Valley.
    (He skinned John Hewie)

But let's talk about our u18's - the here & now, NOT WHAT HAPPENED 60 YEARS AGO FFS.
  • Options
    Couldn't watch the semi final game, visiting new baby in the family.
    Saw our goals of course, great composure.
    So our CB's looked good I understand ?

• Options
    Couldn't watch the semi final game, visiting new baby in the family.
    Saw our goals of course, great composure.
    So our CB's looked good I understand ?

The entire team looked good as a matter of fact.
  • Options
    Another thread gone rogue ffs !!  I open a thread with 18 new posts thinking there might be highlights posted as I missed the game & all I'm reading is who should Southgate take to the euros.

There is a separate tread about England & team selection for the Euros. Maybe the U18's highlights are on there   ??

• Options
    WSA said:
    WSA said:
    I couldn't quite believe what I was watching i.e. seeing football played from the back with successful 30/40 yard forward passes.

You never saw Naby Sarr play ?

It wasn't one player though.

True.
    A successful team that are use to winning and playing football on the deck and with the goals, so much composure.  Relationships all over the field and players having time.
  • Options
    When and where is the final taking place?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonderful set of highlights. If only our first team had played like that at home this season.
  • Options
    Wonderful set of highlights. If only our first team had played like that at home this season.
    https://youtu.be/0JrB2daBo3Q

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Good luck with that one Princess, i tried the same question earlier today......
    I think it is this Saturday, and they are deciding the venue on the toss of a coin, thing is no-one has any change....so we wait..and wait...and...maybe someone can look down the back of their sofa eh
  • Options
    Good luck with that one Princess, i tried the same question earlier today......
    I think it is this Saturday, and they are deciding the venue on the toss of a coin, thing is no-one has any change....so we wait..and wait...and...maybe someone can look down the back of their sofa eh
    Bizarre that that they haven't sorted it out by now!
  • Options
    Useless tossers  ;)
  • Options
    Nothing on EFL website.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Nothing on EFL website.
    It’s quite ridiculous.🤨
  • Options
    18 new posts so I checked to see if any of them were Golfie posting an off topic comment moaning that the thread was going off topic, I wasn't disappointed :-)

For those with better memories, or just paid more attention, than me how does this group compare to the group that are now 22/23?

Did Gomez and KAG play in the teams that won this competition or were they a year older?   I find it strange that Lapslie is only a couple of months younger than those 2, who seem to have been playing for ages.

Are there any players that left "down wards" from the 2015-17 teams that we would be intrested in signing back now? 
  • Options
    Gomez and Grant were fast tracked to the first team squad at just 17 but I feel they started playing for the under 18's at 14 for Joe and 16 for Karlan.

Lapslie, Charles-Cook, Konsa, Lookman, Aribo, Umerah, and Hanlan were in the same group.

They beat Brentford in the southern section at Griffin park. Bone was the youngest member of that squad but after illness he went and played in Ireland.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Have they still not announced when the final will be and when?  Surely the teams will need to have some notice?! Unless they are playing it at a neutral venue, at this rate it is getting to be a disadvantage to whoever it is the away team.

Did someone say before that there was a event at The Valley the same day? Maybe we won the toss and the delay is due to the conflict of events?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Have they still not announced when the final will be and when?  Surely the teams will need to have some notice?! Unless they are playing it at a neutral venue, at this rate it is getting to be a disadvantage to whoever it is the away team.

Did someone say before that there was a event at The Valley the same day? Maybe we won the toss and the delay is due to the conflict of events?
    There was some talk about another event taking place next Saturday at The Valley, and I did suggest switching it to Sunday as a post, but as you say, nothing, there is no doubt some interest in the game after the showing of the semi, maybe discussions as to whether the same will apply to the final, and a free viewing?.
    But it is strange the silence after all the hype, and we may just end up at Wigan as a consequence even if we did win the toss, or indeed if that has taken place yet.
  • Options

Yes- there is a Stanley Matthews tribute in Bartrams, a Graham Gooch retrospective in the Millenium suite and Southgate is announcing the England squad from Crossbars... 
  • Options
    Gomez and Grant were fast tracked to the first team squad at just 17 but I feel they started playing for the under 18's at 14 for Joe and 16 for Karlan.

Lapslie, Charles-Cook, Konsa, Lookman, Aribo, Umerah, and Hanlan were in the same group.

They beat Brentford in the southern section at Griffin park. Bone was the youngest member of that squad but after illness he went and played in Ireland.

Gomez made his U18 debut at 13.

I remember reading an interview with Dillon Phillips where he said how it was always obvious that Gomez was going to be special and that once he was named in the starting lineup for an FA Youth cup game...........but then had to be removed when the club realised he was still only 14 (you have to be 15 or over to play).
  • Options

There was some talk about another event taking place next Saturday at The Valley, and I did suggest switching it to Sunday as a post, but as you say, nothing, there is no doubt some interest in the game after the showing of the semi, maybe discussions as to whether the same will apply to the final, and a free viewing?.
    But it is strange the silence after all the hype, and we may just end up at Wigan as a consequence even if we did win the toss, or indeed if that has taken place yet.
    Hopefully we'll find out later - if not someone will ask about it.
  • Options
    Why is it only 600 tickets? I thought they could have up 4000? Which I am pretty sure we would have sold
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Why is it only 600 tickets? I thought they could have up 4000? Which I am pretty sure we would have sold
    Is probably only the West Stand that'll be open
  • Options
    One more thing about picking on form.  This was the bane of Stanley Matthews's international career.  In his autobiography he complains about how there was no consistency in the England side, it was whoever had had a good couple of weeks before the next England game who got picked.
    That was always the complaint about the England cricket team in the 80s and 90s. Because a batsman gets runs against Northants, Leicestershire and Glamorgan, he then gets to face the West Indies pace quartet instead of Graham Gooch
    I think I'd rather face Goochie than the WI pace attack any day of the week.
  • Options
    Good news. End of the working week, sit back and watch this. Nice one. 
  • Options
    Yes, this and the F1. Nice weekend for sport with the other footy too. The wife will be pleased :)