Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play Offs Start Today (17/5/21) .. Any Preferences Across the Leagues ?

Comments

• Options
    Congrats to Morecambe, but you have to feel for Newport. Terrible penalty decision.
  • Options
    So the top team in each three Divisions have won the Play-Offs this year

3rd | 3rd | 4th...

Bet Torquay are hoping they can continue that theme
    From my limited knowledge, I’d imagine it’s actually rare how often that happens. 
    Its only the second time its ever happened... 2007/08 was the last time

Hull won the Championship Play-Offs
    Doncaster won the League One Play-Offs
    Stockport County won the League Two Play-Offs

Exeter City finished fourth in the Conference that year, winning the Play-Offs

So if Torquay do manage it, it'll be the first time its happened in the four leagues.
  • Options
    Cannot wait to get back to away matches and see us lose 1-0 in the freezing cold in January at Morecambe. 
  • Options

3rd | 3rd | 4th...

From my limited knowledge, I’d imagine it’s actually rare how often that happens. 

So if Torquay do manage it, it'll be the first time its happened in the four leagues.
    I knew you’d come through with the stats. Thanks mate. 
  • Options
    That was disgusting.  Letheren seems to be a head caving thug, whilst colleagues seem to be able to toss themselves on the ground (and possibly elsewhere) to get a penalty. Meanwhile no VAR and a poor referee for such an important game. Why do the EFL leave the sport so open to manipulation? Why does the EFL favour one club over another? Refer Wigan / Wendies/ Derby for details. Football has become a Blatteresque pantomime. So, Wednesday and Morecombe obviously to finish top two next season............ Can we ever have REAL football back? The EFL will kill football.
  • Options
    Guess we'll have the "First Game of the Season" prediction thingy soon seeing that the Fixture List will be out within the next month and now that the full list of League One teams has been confirmed for next season
  • Options
    Brentford
    Blackpool
    Morecambe 
    That’ll do @Lincsaddick
  • Options
    Brentford
    Blackpool
    Morecambe 
    That’ll do @Lincsaddick
    Did you put money on it?
  • Options

3rd | 3rd | 4th...

I knew you’d come through with the stats. Thanks mate. 
    I hate being asked things like that, had to go away and look it up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brentford
    Blackpool
    Morecambe 
    That’ll do @Lincsaddick
    Did you put money on it?
    Sadly no
  • Options
    and now to the big one.

National League play-offs.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    What a horrible way to lose a playoff final.

Congrats to @LouisMend though, first he gets married and then his half brother scores the winning penalty to take Morecambe up.
    We stopped by on our way to the Lake District today expecting a heroes welcome. Nothing. 
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Ok mate enough of the honeymoon stuff. Apparently the club are waiting for you to get back to work before announcing any signings so stop the selfish behaviour and get back to work ! Plenty of time for holidays later in life 😁
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

I see you're doing some early preparation for next season, a new ground to commentate from  ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    It was a terrible game yesterday, with the main talking point being that Newport should have had a penalty they didn't get and Morecambe got a penalty they shouldn't have. I looked at the Morecambe top scorer with interest in case he might be somebody we might be in for, but I didn't see anything to support that. Thinking about it, surely Aneke getting re-signed would be a far better outcome, far, far better. Same number of goals in a higher division.
  • Options
    I'll be over in Morecambe late August .. what odds they are our 1st of the new season ?
  • Options
    Mad stat that I read the other day said Morecambe have never been relegated in their 100 year history. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be over in Morecambe late August .. what odds they are our 1st of the new season ?
    Quite high. It feels like we almost always play a promoted side first game of season. 
  • Options
    Morecambe away on a warm weekend day is going to be a lot more attractive than on a cold, wet Tuesday in February.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

neat little ground is it not .. and a pub/restaurant on the corner of the approach road .. that'll make a nice 'HQ' .. ((:>)
  • Options
    Glad to see wins for Brentford and Morecambe. 
    The oppositions can go and get something nice in Iceland supermarket as compensation.
  • Options
    Brentford
    Blackpool
    Morecambe 
    That’ll do @Lincsaddick
    Did you put money on it?
    I did, not a lot, enough for a long weekend away somewhere distant to see CAFC .. Plymouth perhaps ?
  • Options
    Brentford
    Blackpool
    Morecambe 
    That’ll do @Lincsaddick
    Brentford
    Blackpool
    Morecambe 
    That’ll do @Lincsaddick
    many thanks .. it's not often that the treble comes up .. makes up for my (small) losses on backing us for promotion, the title and the FA Cup lol
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Monkey hangers v God's own London borough at 4.00 tomorrow

Big local Derby today Notts County v Chesterfield 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Monkey hangers v God's own London borough at 4.00 today
    Correction, today it's Notts County v Chesterfield KO 16.00
    Tomorrow, Hartlepool v Bromley KO 14.30
    Both games live on BT Sport
  • Options
    Mad stat that I read the other day said Morecambe have never been relegated in their 100 year history. 
    Interesting, had to look that up. Looks like they’re designed for 30-40 years in League 1 before they eventually make the Championship!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Morecambe_F.C._seasons
  • Options
    Bromley have been blown away within 25 mins and are 3-0 down.

Oh well...