Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane .. Says he Wants a Move This Summer

Comments

• Options
    Another thought... Do clubs try and do a deal now, or do we endure a summer of waiting to see if Kane gets another Golden Boot at the Euros and so bumps up his transfer fee even more.

Hope it doesnt detract from the England team though - Remember the Wan-Bissaka deal to Man Utd being a pain in the arse and dominating the news during the Euro U21s and he was utter shite the whole time
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    cabbles said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Was always going to happen this end of season.

Good luck to him, he deserves a move to a team than will win things on a regular basis.

99.9% of Spurs fans will say he goes with their blessing.

Interesting timing ahead of the last home game of the season tomorrow night in front of 10,000 Spurs fans.  Levy is going to get pelters.  The whole debacle is on him and him alone.

I think Levy needs to go mate.  For so long he’s chased this global brand for Spurs, without the success on the pitch.  I get that football is becoming more like that, but I think he’s got it wrong.  The Amazon doc was so cringe.  You get the feeling Levy thought it was a good thing.  Tom Hardy narrating.  Everything that was wrong with football is encapsulated in it.

it’s not just Spurs, but it was almost as if Levy felt they were a global super power in football, with no trophies to back it up.  I get they are one of the richest clubs, but for the true fans like you, do you care?  No, you’d have wanted some silver wear most probably.

what they did under Poch was great and they just couldn’t make it, but there’s something structurally wrong on the football side under Levy 
    I read something the other day stating that Spurs net spend over last few seasons was roughly in line with Brighton’s. Could be bollocks?!?

• Options
    The last time Spurs lost a player of Kane's calibre (when Bale left in 2013) they spent £106m on:

Paulinho
    Lamela
    Chadli
    Soldado
    Capoue
    Eriksen
    Chriches

Only Eriksen can be considered a "success" from that lot. Clubs know that they will have the money, Levy knows the price of a player but not the value and what top class footballer is going to want to come to Spurs in the knowledge that they are a second rate club so far as Europe is concerned? It really doesn't look good for Spurs' fans. 
  • Options
    The last time Spurs lost a player of Kane's calibre (when Bale left in 2013) they spent £106m on:

Paulinho
    Lamela
    Chadli
    Soldado
    Capoue
    Eriksen
    Chriches

Only Eriksen can be considered a "success" from that lot. Clubs know that they will have the money, Levy knows the price of a player but not the value and what top class footballer is going to want to come to Spurs in the knowledge that they are a second rate club so far as Europe is concerned? It really doesn't look good for Spurs' fans. 
    Not to mention every Striker they go for will double / triple in value
  • Options
    Maybe he'll rejoin Poch at PSG
  • Options
    Absolutely the right time to move both financially and career wise. Would be a perfect replacement for Benzema at Real. Imagine that as a move. Then come back on two years and sign for Man U or whoever. Perfect career. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Strange one - feels like he's been pretty loyal, then the summer almost everyone is broke he's asking to move.
    Think he was banking on them getting CL though.
    I can understand Kane having concerns about Charlton Life, they’ll be some here unhappy with even him signing. 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Just seen Harry Kane getting off the train at Charlton station.

Read into that what you will.
    must be lost or fancies a Valley Cafe fry up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:
    Just seen Harry Kane getting off the train at Charlton station.

Read into that what you will.
    He heard the Rose of Denmark was reopen?
  • Options
    Can see Chelsea putting in a bid
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Was always going to happen this end of season.

Good luck to him, he deserves a move to a team than will win things on a regular basis.

99.9% of Spurs fans will say he goes with their blessing.

Interesting timing ahead of the last home game of the season tomorrow night in front of 10,000 Spurs fans.  Levy is going to get pelters.  The whole debacle is on him and him alone.

I think Levy needs to go mate.  For so long he’s chased this global brand for Spurs, without the success on the pitch.  I get that football is becoming more like that, but I think he’s got it wrong.  The Amazon doc was so cringe.  You get the feeling Levy thought it was a good thing.  Tom Hardy narrating.  Everything that was wrong with football is encapsulated in it.

it’s not just Spurs, but it was almost as if Levy felt they were a global super power in football, with no trophies to back it up.  I get they are one of the richest clubs, but for the true fans like you, do you care?  No, you’d have wanted some silver wear most probably.

what they did under Poch was great and they just couldn’t make it, but there’s something structurally wrong on the football side under Levy 
    Cant disagree.

I'll put my thoughts down later, trying to get Little Bubbs to sleep...

• Options
    interesting .. that'd mean a big clear out of their strikers if he goes there .. Havertz, Werner, Abraham, Giroud  .. perm any 2 from 5 lol
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    How about Leicester, who've won the Premier League and FA Cup since Tottenham last won something  ;)

Come to think of it Wigan Athletic have a better recent trophy record than Spurs  :D
  • Options
    Think he will go United. He would win them the title and it may be a sweetener towards the disgruntled supporters. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    various news media are stating (guessing ?) that Man U are in the lead for Kane .. Man C have said they will not be spending big this close season, Chelsea are top heavy with strikers, although none of them are proving very effective
  • Options
    If he doesn't end up at City I'll eat my hat. 
    I reckon Man Utd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:
    I thought I would open this thread to find "So why not to us?"
    Not good enough.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Ross said:
    Sheringham, Modric, Bale and Eriksen all left and won the league with their new clubs. Kane should follow in their footsteps.

Le Tissier is probably the last player that could have gone to a top club and won something but didn’t. Kane is too good to stay at Spurs for the rest of his career.
    And Shearer (although Blackburn title excluded of course)
  • Options
    interesting .. that'd mean a big clear out of their strikers if he goes there .. Havertz, Werner, Abraham, Giroud  .. perm any 2 from 5 lol
    Giroud and Abraham will leave this summer I reckon. Havertz isn't a striker and I think Tuchel will use a 433 with Werner competing with Pulisic for the wide left role. 
  • Options
    various news media are stating (guessing ?) that Man U are in the lead for Kane .. Man C have said they will not be spending big this close season, Chelsea are top heavy with strikers, although none of them are proving very effective
    I don't believe City won't be in the market for a striker. I don't think he's desperate for one so won't pay over the top for Kane/Haaland, but I'd be very surprised if neither of them are a City player next season. 

I think they'll sign a CM aswell but that's won't be a huge deal, someone like Soumare or Bissouma. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Ross said:
    Sheringham, Modric, Bale and Eriksen all left and won the league with their new clubs. Kane should follow in their footsteps.

Le Tissier is probably the last player that could have gone to a top club and won something but didn’t. Kane is too good to stay at Spurs for the rest of his career.
    And Shearer (although Blackburn title excluded of course)
    at least Shearer won the Prem at Blackburn .. Le Tiss won zilch at the Saints, should have won a lot more England caps, and probably would had he moved to a 'big' club
  • Options
    I don't believe City won't be in the market for a striker. I don't think he's desperate for one so won't pay over the top for Kane/Haaland, but I'd be very surprised if neither of them are a City player next season. 

I think they'll sign a CM aswell but that's won't be a huge deal, someone like Soumare or Bissouma. 
    City will definitely sign a striker in the summer. No way would they choose to let Aguero go, without having a replacement in mind - if money was the main issue, they'd give Aguero another year, as that would be the cheapest option
  • Options
    Not sure he’d thrive at Real Madrid and doesn’t strike me as sharp enough to learn a language and fit in.

city want Haaland and will probs my wait until next year when he has a more affordable release clause.

kane to Arsenal would be funny 😀 but unlikely

Chelsea is a maybe but I can see Man Utd going after him. Question is who will be able to agree a few with Levy....

I just hope it doesn’t adversely affect his form for the Euros
  • Options

City will definitely sign a striker in the summer. No way would they choose to let Aguero go, without having a replacement in mind - if money was the main issue, they'd give Aguero another year, as that would be the cheapest option
    Agreed, I think publicly they will say they're not in the market so they don't seem desperate but they'll be in for Haaland or Kane. I think the link with someone like Ings is bollocks too, again just to state they're not willing to go mental. 
  • Options

'cheap' is not in Pep's (English) vocabulary lol
  • Options

Agreed, I think publicly they will say they're not in the market so they don't seem desperate but they'll be in for Haaland or Kane. I think the link with someone like Ings is bollocks too, again just to state they're not willing to go mental. 
    When they express interest in Danny Welbeck and Ashley Barnes, you'll know they're taking the piss  :D