Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane .. Says he Wants a Move This Summer

Comments

• Options
    Ross said:
    Sheringham, Modric, Bale and Eriksen all left and won the league with their new clubs. Kane should follow in their footsteps.

Le Tissier is probably the last player that could have gone to a top club and won something but didn’t. Kane is too good to stay at Spurs for the rest of his career.
    And Shearer (although Blackburn title excluded of course)
    at least Shearer won the Prem at Blackburn .. Le Tiss won zilch at the Saint, should have won a lot more England caps, and probably would had he moved to a 'big' club

I don't think to this day he has any regrets.  Recall hearing him talking about it on a 90s podcast.  He was literally Le God there.  Loved his life and routine and was revered by the whole city with managers building teams round him.

It's criminal he didn't get more England caps and the lazy "he's got no ambition" lines that were trotted out but the football media.  Shouldn't matter whether you are doing it at Saints week in week out.... in fact doing it week in week out in the top flight at Saints just shows what a remarkable talent he was.

Glad he didn't sell out and go to a big club as the Southampton fans will have got a lot of joy out of him which shouldn't be a monopoly for the big club fan boys.

Having said that had Shearer gone to Utd when Ferguson wanted him they would have been unstoppable.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    various news media are stating (guessing ?) that Man U are in the lead for Kane .. Man C have said they will not be spending big this close season, Chelsea are top heavy with strikers, although none of them are proving very effective
    I don't believe City won't be in the market for a striker. I don't think he's desperate for one so won't pay over the top for Kane/Haaland, but I'd be very surprised if neither of them are a City player next season. 

I think they'll sign a CM aswell but that's won't be a huge deal, someone like Soumare or Bissouma. 
    City will definitely sign a striker in the summer. No way would they choose to let Aguero go, without having a replacement in mind - if money was the main issue, they'd give Aguero another year, as that would be the cheapest option
    Agreed, I think publicly they will say they're not in the market so they don't seem desperate but they'll be in for Haaland or Kane. I think the link with someone like Ings is bollocks too, again just to state they're not willing to go mental. 
    When they express interest in Danny Welbeck and Ashley Barnes, you'll know they're taking the piss  :D
    although Barnes is VERY good and should get better

EDIT I am confusing my  Barnses .. I was referring to the Leicester Barnes 
  • Options
    He should have left them years ago. Joke of a club.

Wouldnt have him here though. Doesnt work as hard as stockley 😬
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Sheringham, Modric, Bale and Eriksen all left and won the league with their new clubs. Kane should follow in their footsteps.

Le Tissier is probably the last player that could have gone to a top club and won something but didn’t. Kane is too good to stay at Spurs for the rest of his career.
    at least Shearer won the Prem at Blackburn .. Le Tiss won zilch at the Saint, should have won a lot more England caps, and probably would had he moved to a 'big' club

I don't think to this day he has any regrets.  Recall hearing him talking about it on a 90s podcast.  He was literally Le God there.  Loved his life and routine and was revered by the whole city with managers building teams round him.

It's criminal he didn't get more England caps and the lazy "he's got no ambition" lines that were trotted out but the football media.  Shouldn't matter whether you are doing it at Saints week in week out.... in fact doing it week in week out in the top flight at Saints just shows what a remarkable talent he was.

Glad he didn't sell out and go to a big club as the Southampton fans will have got a lot of joy out of him which shouldn't be a monopoly for the big club fan boys.

Having said that had Shearer gone to Utd when Ferguson wanted him they would have been unstoppable.
    great post .. Le Tiss was a bit of a one off .. agree about Shearer, still my favourite striker, rock hard and unstoppable
  • Options
    I’m sorry, I’m not having it, I just can’t see Harry Kane dropping down to league one next season.
  • Options
    Ross said:

Shearer probably thought Newcastle would be challenging though, they had been the couple of years before.
  • Options
    various news media are stating (guessing ?) that Man U are in the lead for Kane .. Man C have said they will not be spending big this close season, Chelsea are top heavy with strikers, although none of them are proving very effective
    I don't believe City won't be in the market for a striker. I don't think he's desperate for one so won't pay over the top for Kane/Haaland, but I'd be very surprised if neither of them are a City player next season. 

I think they'll sign a CM aswell but that's won't be a huge deal, someone like Soumare or Bissouma. 
    City will definitely sign a striker in the summer. No way would they choose to let Aguero go, without having a replacement in mind - if money was the main issue, they'd give Aguero another year, as that would be the cheapest option
    'cheap' is not in Pep's (English) vocabulary lol
    City have never spent more than £63m on a player. But they have bought a lot of players in the £40m-£60m bracket but usually when they are relatively young. For example, they paid £60m last year for the then 23 year old Ruben Dias. Not many will argue that this wasn't as much, if not more, value than the £75m Liverpool paid for VVD (26 at the time) or the £80m United paid for Maguire (again 26)
  • Options

Pratley could be in with a shout.
  • Options
    Ross said:

Shearer probably thought Newcastle would be challenging though, they had been the couple of years before.
    Shearers appearance on Soccerbox with Gary Neville is worth a watch. He said there was always a link with United but SAF never called. Technically, nobody ever came in for him.
  • Options
    My housemate who has mates who have very good sources in the footballing world say it’s a done deal to Chelsea! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My housemate who has mates who have very good sources in the footballing world say it’s a done deal to Chelsea! 
    we will see
  • Options
    we will see
    We will! 8/1 on SkyBet as well for people who like a flatter! 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Paddy P has United 15/8 ..  City 23/10 ..  Chelsea out at 4/1 .. to stay at Spurs is favourite .. how long is his contract ?
  • Options
    He'll end up at Man United, City will sign someone from abroad like Lautaro Martinez or maybe they'll push the boat out for Haaland before Madrid try to snap him up. I can see Madrid going for Mbappe and PSG signing Salah to semi replace him. Spurs will try and sign a new striker from lower down the Prem to replace Kane, someone not as expensive, like Watkins or Bamford
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    He'll end up at Man United, City will sign someone from abroad like Lautaro Martinez or maybe they'll push the boat out for Haaland before Madrid try to snap him up. I can see Madrid going for Mbappe and PSG signing Salah to semi replace him. Spurs will try and sign a new striker from lower down the Prem to replace Kane, someone not as expensive, like Watkins or Bamford
    I was thinking Wilson at Newcastle. though he is now a bit injury prone .. Watkins is a good shout
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    A very limited player .. Overrated if you ask me
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    A very limited players .. Overrated if you ask me
    who ?
  • Options
    Looks like Pep knows where Harry’s going.....

https://twitter.com/espnfc/status/1394392911408730120?s=21
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Martinez going Atletico apparently
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I can see him at United or City (maybe) but see him more as a United signing.

He will cost at least what, 90-100 mill range, City I don't see spending that on a player the wrong side of 20 with injury issues. I know Pep is an admirer of him & he would smash it for them but I reckon they will avoid.

Kane would suit United, would create space for the likes of Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood etc and they are the exact type of club to stump up the cash for him.

PSG also wouldn't surprise me, Poch link and would be lethal with Mbappe and Neymar up top

Madrid and Barca are financially in a bad way aren't they? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Danny Ings?

If Liverpool lose Salah, could they go for Kane? Especially if they make the top 4?
  • Options
    Given that United are supposedly a 'certainty' to sign Sancho this summer, are they really going to splash out on Kane as well? That's the best part of 200m on 2 players and doesn't really address their actual problem areas which are a centre back partner for Maguire and a decent holding midfielder. Kane has been pretty clear he wants to win trophies and United are (in my opinion) still in transition. I think Kane will only go to United if he sees the other weak areas of their team addressed. The current United side even with Kane added don't win the league ahead of City because they're not good enough in midfield or defence.

Can't see him going to Chelsea because i think Kane has more integrity than to sign for a London rival and Levy will definitely not want to sell to them either. Having said that Chelsea have a huge squad and could offer decent fringe players like Abraham, Hudson-Odoi, Barkley, Zouma, Tomori (if he doesn't sign for Milan) etc in part exchange. But ultimately an owner who is already under serious pressure, might as well not bother coming back for the new season if their best player leaves for a rival club.

City would seem the most likely given money is no object to them and they need a striker. But as others have said they never spend huge amounts on a single player, it's almost always value for money signings in the 40-60m bracket. However they may well make an exception for the England captain, the best striker in the country and given they have a lot of foreigners, a player who is homegrown. Chances to sign players like this are very rare.

If City are genuinely interested and want to spend that much then Kane goes there. Spurs fans won't begrudge him that move and he'll win a ton of trophies.
    Similarly their fans won't begrudge a move to United, but his trophy chances are smaller given United's other issues.
    I'd put Chelsea as 3rd favourites simply because i don't see him leaving for a London rival.
  • Options
    Ross said:

great post .. Le Tiss was a bit of a one off .. agree about Shearer, still my favourite striker, rock hard and unstoppable
    Jon Fortune might have something to say about that! ;-)
  • Options
    we will see
    We will! 8/1 on SkyBet as well for people who like a flatter! 
    He would probably go to Norwich if it was somewhere flatter 
  • Options
    Paddy P has United 15/8 ..  City 23/10 ..  Chelsea out at 4/1 .. to stay at Spurs is favourite .. how long is his contract ?
    How ever long A4 paper is  ;)
  • Options

'cheap' is not in Pep's (English) vocabulary lol
    City have never spent more than £63m on a player. But they have bought a lot of players in the £40m-£60m bracket but usually when they are relatively young. For example, they paid £60m last year for the then 23 year old Ruben Dias. Not many will argue that this wasn't as much, if not more, value than the £75m Liverpool paid for VVD (26 at the time) or the £80m United paid for Maguire (again 26)
    Thrifty Man City!
  • Options
    He still has 3 more years left. Signed a 6 year deal just before the world cup, after a season in which Spurs finished third in the league, got to the FA Cup semi finals and topped a CL group with Real Madrid and Dortmund.

Stitched himself up a bit by signing such a long deal, as if he'd signed a 4 year deal Spurs would now be forced to sell him or watch him go on a free next year. But he obviously didn't expect them to regress as much as they have since then.
  • Options
    Think he goes to City, Haaland to United
  • Options
    I thought United had cooled off on Sancho. 

Can’t see Kane going United though. 
    Another team quite away from actually challenging for a title. 
  • Options
    Levy would prefer to sell Harry to a club outside of the premier League if he leaves.

Chelsea would be unthinkable for Spurs fans but Arsenal sold players to Man United over the years, and If he stays in England, United would go for him over Sancho, which would placate some of their vast fan base.

If Kane wants guaranteed Trophies, it's City or Bayern Munich. 
    The financial situation in Spain may/will affect the prospects of a Real or Barca move unless they ship out players to make way for H.