Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane .. Says he Wants a Move This Summer

Comments

• Options
    I don't see him going abroad, i think he wants to stay here and breaks Shearer's goalscoring record.

Also if Kane goes i wonder if Son will want a move too. He only has 2 years left and why would he sign a new deal? Can see Spurs having to sell him next summer or lose him on a free in 2023. 
  • Options
    Hated watching Shearer play against us. He was all elbows and always backing in. Made an absolute art of fouling the defender but winning the foul himself. So frustrating. But obviously a brilliant striker who knew his craft better than anyone else.
  • Options
    Paddy P has United 15/8 ..  City 23/10 ..  Chelsea out at 4/1 .. to stay at Spurs is favourite .. how long is his contract ?
    He still has 3 more years left. Signed a 6 year deal just before the world cup, after a season in which Spurs finished third in the league, got to the FA Cup semi finals and topped a CL group with Real Madrid and Dortmund.

Stitched himself up a bit by signing such a long deal, as if he'd signed a 4 year deal Spurs would now be forced to sell him or watch him go on a free next year. But he obviously didn't expect them to regress as much as they have since then.
    thanks .. so that means Spurs have him by the short n curlies, he'll be early 30s by the time it expires .. also, Spurs can demand a VERY high transfer fee .. I'd reckon not far short of £90Million (or more ?) .. big ask even for the wealthiest outfits to pay
  • Options
    Aguero leaving, Jesus not a top level striker.

I do wonder whether City will go for him from both a playing and commercial aspect, allowing Ferran Torres to develop under him.
  • Options
    @JohnBoyUK what happened regarding tickets for the game? Surely fans didn't buy those 60 quid tickets?
  • Options
    @JohnBoyUK what happened regarding tickets for the game? Surely fans didn't buy those 60 quid tickets?
    Wont know until tomorrow night for sure.
    One of my good mates is going as he didnt get a ticket for the NLD back in December and in his words 'wants to say farewell to Kane, Sonny and Bale'...and that was before the news broke yesterday.
  • Options
    Hang on, I thought Ian Buckles was confirmed at H?

As much as our clubs are poles apart in our current standing @JohnBoyUK I do feel a bit for Spurs fans. Ultimately fans just want their clubs to be successful on the pitch and win things. Spurs trophy drought is pretty poor and the refusal to build on the success Poch was having is unforgivable. You only needed a couple more top players to push on IMO. Now you're going backwards and Kane leaving will only accelerate that. Yes you have best stadium in the land but my god you have to pay a shed load of money to go and watch a game in it. Think you're in danger of following Arsenal with some pretty average seasons coming up.
  • Options
    surprised he signed such a long contract.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Hal1x said:
    misplaced sense of loyalty .. Kane always strikes me as a very nice easy going man who likes as quiet a life as possible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hang on, I thought Ian Buckles was confirmed at H?

As much as our clubs are poles apart in our current standing @JohnBoyUK I do feel a bit for Spurs fans. Ultimately fans just want their clubs to be successful on the pitch and win things. Spurs trophy drought is pretty poor and the refusal to build on the success Poch was having is unforgivable. You only needed a couple more top players to push on IMO. Now you're going backwards and Kane leaving will only accelerate that. Yes you have best stadium in the land but my god you have to pay a shed load of money to go and watch a game in it. Think you're in danger of following Arsenal with some pretty average seasons coming up.
    I've been binge watching LOD and only finished it half an hour ago. So glad I finished it when I did 😂 Was sure I would see the identity of H before I'd got to the end. 
  • Options
    I feel sorry for Spurs fans. Seeing a world class footballer and loyal player admitting that he has no future at the club must be pretty hard to take. Throw in the ESL nonsense and high ticket prices and you'll get a lot of disgruntled supporters.

Do Spurs have an equivalent of Arsenal fan TV? 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Spurs were doing well at the time, finished 3rd, had a decent season in the CL as well. Next season they reached the CL final and things looked good for Spurs. Been completely downhill since then as they didn't strengthen the side and kick on.

But having said that signing a 6 year deal is too long. Even a year is a long time in football so he'd have been much better doing a 4 year deal which Spurs would've looked to renew after 2 years anyway, by which time he'd have then probably already been considering his options.
  • Options

Having said that had Shearer gone to Utd when Ferguson wanted him they would have been unstoppable.
    As opposed to...............being unstoppable :|:neutral:

• Options
    My head says United.
    .He's the type of marquee they'd have gone for in seasons past during the Fergie era.

Success will play a big part. He wants it quickly. Could solskjaar convince him over Pep and the steam roller that is Man city?
    I'm not sure.
    That being said, I don't think utd are too far away.
  • Options
    You cant blame Kane for wanting to leave. He deserves to win things and isnt going too at Spurs. Although I think there should be a law passed to stop him joining City, he would score a ridiculous amount of goals there imo
  • Options
    I think he'll likely end up staying because there's too long left on his deal and Levy will gamble on Kane being unwilling to fuss in the media, and too competitive to not turn up to training and try and score goals. If he does decide to go though, I reckon Levy would sell him to Chelsea for purely political reasons. If you have to sell him and cling onto your job at the same time, sell him to a hated rival, brief the media on Harry being a disloyal whiner and fan the flames of the Chelsea/Tottenham divide to try and turn Kane into a hate figure. Make him the lightning rod rather than yourself, that sounds like classic Levy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he'll likely end up staying because there's too long left on his deal and Levy will gamble on Kane being unwilling to fuss in the media, and too competitive to not turn up to training and try and score goals. If he does decide to go though, I reckon Levy would sell him to Chelsea for purely political reasons. If you have to sell him and cling onto your job at the same time, sell him to a hated rival, brief the media on Harry being a disloyal whiner and fan the flames of the Chelsea/Tottenham divide to try and turn Kane into a hate figure. Make him the lightning rod rather than yourself, that sounds like classic Levy.
    I think that the the ship has sailed with regards to Levy getting any kind of backing ever again from the vast majority of the fan base.
  • Options
    This is very likely .. a long contract means that Spurs are well in control of Kane's future and unless they get shedloads of cash, they will keep him
  • Options
    There is zero chance Spurs fans would side with Levy over Kane.
  • Options
    There is zero chance Spurs fans would side with Levy over Kane.
    ...unless he does a Sol.
  • Options
    This is very likely .. a long contract means that Spurs are well in control of Kane's future and unless they get shedloads of cash, they will keep him

Unless, of course, Kane had an exit clause inserted in his contract or even something as simple as a "gentlemans" agreement with Levy. As we know a long term contract is designed to protect the value of a player as much as it is to give that person security but if Kane really wants to move he will do so. If he doesn't go now he will be 29 before he can play in the Champions League again and Spurs will have lost the opportunity to sell him when they can get most for him.

If Spurs do want to hold out against Kane's wishes then I agree he will still want to turn up for training and score goals. The difference though might be a sub conscious one or one where he might say that he's not prepared to play when he isn't fully fit as he has clearly had to do in the past simply because Spurs haven't had a viable replacement. 

The other scenario is that Levy promises to sign three or four badly needed quality signings to make them a contender for trophies. And does so. Though I can't see those purse strings being opened for a rookie Manager such as Ryan Mason. 
  • Options
    If Kane has to run down his contract, he'll be what, 32? Any sale value mostly diminished. I'm sure Levy is thinking he can cash in now and take a world record fee. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Here's a great stat...

Tottenham have spent £142m on strikers since they last succeeded in getting a top tier striker (Berbatov) 

2006 Mido - 4.5m (14 PL goals in 48 games) 
    2007 Bent - 16.5m (18 PL goals in 60 games) 
    2008 Pavlyuchenko - 14m (20 PL goals in 78 games) 
    2009 Defoe (2nd time around) - 16m (48 PL goals in 137 games) 
    2009 Keane(2nd time around) - 15m (11 PL goals in 41 games) 
    2009 Crouch - 9.5m (12 PL goals in 73 games) 
    2012 Adebayor - 12m (35 PL goals in 92 games) 
    2013 Soldado - 26m (7 PL goals in 52 games) 
    2016 Janssen - 17m (2 PL goals in 31 games) 
    2017 Llorente - 12m (2 PL goals in 36 games)

169 PL goals between them.
    Kane has 165 PL goals himself.
    I really liked Mido!  At least when he was on loan - mate of mine was a Spurs fan so watched quite a lot of them with him and so much of your play went through Mido.

Admittedly Berbatov was a slight upgrade....

You'd take Defoe, Kane, Crouch now too surely (obviously as they were, not at 40 odd!)?
  • Options
    Feel sorry for Real Madrid in all this. How are they supposed to sign Harry Kane without the ESL?
    Maybe he'll go to Athletico Madrid. If Barca and Real are in do much financial trouble then they will be the best placed to step up.

I can't feel sorry for Spurs fans or any of the Big Six. They all to get to see their homegrown players play for their team for a decent length of time, and they've all seen their team win a trophy.

Do they ever feel sorry for us? I doubt it. Bollocks to them all, especially Arse and Chelsea, with a few exceptions like @JohnBoyUKwho's pretty cool.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Here's a great stat...

Tottenham have spent £142m on strikers since they last succeeded in getting a top tier striker (Berbatov) 

2006 Mido - 4.5m (14 PL goals in 48 games) 
    2007 Bent - 16.5m (18 PL goals in 60 games) 
    2008 Pavlyuchenko - 14m (20 PL goals in 78 games) 
    2009 Defoe (2nd time around) - 16m (48 PL goals in 137 games) 
    2009 Keane(2nd time around) - 15m (11 PL goals in 41 games) 
    2009 Crouch - 9.5m (12 PL goals in 73 games) 
    2012 Adebayor - 12m (35 PL goals in 92 games) 
    2013 Soldado - 26m (7 PL goals in 52 games) 
    2016 Janssen - 17m (2 PL goals in 31 games) 
    2017 Llorente - 12m (2 PL goals in 36 games)

169 PL goals between them.
    Kane has 165 PL goals himself.
    I really liked Mido!  At least when he was on loan - mate of mine was a Spurs fan so watched quite a lot of them with him and so much of your play went through Mido.

Mido had some talent.  He was a proper unit too.  When he could get about the pitch, he put in a shift too.

The issue was when he hit the kebabs lol.  And didnt he half hit them!
  • Options
    Such a Spursy story in the Mail today

Tottenham started planning for Kane's exit in February and explored the possibility of signing in-demand Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland, 20, from Borussia Dortmund. (Mail)

Every year they seem to be linked with someone massive, yet mysteriously fail to actually sign the player  ;)
    Haha, exactly.  'Explored the possibility...'...

Daniel Levy phoned Steve Hitchen (the Director of Player Recruitment) to ask 'what chance have we got of signing Halland, Steve?'... 'erm no fucking chance at all Mr Levy, he's out of our budget and his requested wage will be above our entire wage structure'... came the reply.  Levy replied 'Oy Vey!' and slumped in his chair.

Hitchen smiled... 'Oh boss, Danny Ings is available on a free at the end of the 21/22 season, we might be able to do a deal with Southampton in the summer!'  'A ha!' replied Levy, as he threw his blazer over his shoulder, very Alan Partridge style, looking as smug as you like.

I swear stories like this are fed to the press by the Spurs Comms team.  It was like where Aguero signed for City.  We've been tracking him for 18 months (if the stories were to be believed) yet an offer never went in, only until City had their bid accepted, so Levy knew full well he would have to spend a penny but it would cover his arse.  Oooh remember the nice letter Rivaldo sent Hoddle to turn us down?