Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane .. Says he Wants a Move This Summer

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Danny Ings wouldn't actually be the worst signing. There was even talk a month or so ago of City signing him. If you create 3-4 chances for him in a game, he's going to put one away. In a side like their's who create bundles he'd be lethal.

Obviously he's not Kane or Haaland though.
  • Options
    And from the horses mouth...

https://youtu.be/j30nEIZU0WA
  • Options
    Laughed at the bit where Kane said who knows, Levy might want to sell if he gets a bid of 100m and Neville said i think his asking price will start with a 2.
  • Options
    Be interested to know the feelings of Spurs fans after that interview. From what I've seen on social media, a lot of fans seemed to have turned on Kane. But I'm not sure if that's the overriding feeling, or if most still wish Kane well and understand why he wants to leave.

What does our resident spurs fan @JohnBoyUK think 🤔 
  • Options
    Be interested to know the feelings of Spurs fans after that interview. From what I've seen on social media, a lot of fans seemed to have turned on Kane. But I'm not sure if that's the overriding feeling, or if most still wish Kane well and understand why he wants to leave.

Ooooh now you've thrown me under the bus.

Listen, as I've said a dozen times, he deserves his move and he goes with my blessing (and I would say that 99% of the support would agree)...but there's a way to go about it.  The interview was ill advised and ill timed.  It certainly wouldn't have been authorised by the club.  The most disappointing thing is that none of this should have been leaked before the end of the season.  Obviously timed to miss the last home game of the season, imagine that going out yesterday morning!

Ever known a footballer to put a value on his own head before?  I dont think there's any way he goes for £100m, pandemic or not.  With 3 years left on his contract, Levy holds all the aces and it will be on his terms, not Harry's.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Ooooh now you've thrown me under the bus.

Listen, as I've said a dozen times, he deserves his move and he goes with my blessing (and I would say that 99% of the support would agree)...but there's a way to go about it.  The interview was ill advised and ill timed.  It certainly wouldn't have been authorised by the club.  The most disappointing thing is that none of this should have been leaked before the end of the season.  Obviously timed to miss the last home game of the season, imagine that going out yesterday morning!

Ever known a footballer to put a value on his own head before?  I dont think there's any way he goes for £100m, pandemic or not.  With 3 years left on his contract, Levy holds all the aces and it will be on his terms, not Harry's.

Sorry to throw you under the bus and thanks for your response.

I think that's fair. It's clear Harry knows he's going to have to upset a few people if he's going to try and force a move, because of the man he's dealing with, but runs the risk of losing the bond between himself and the Spurs supporters. Am I right in saying that he has a new PR agency in his ear? 

However, as you say, Levi holds all the cards and just because Man City are interested, it's not going to be a Madrid style blank cheque. They will have a price they are willing to pay and no further. 

• Options
    I think he'll likely end up staying because there's too long left on his deal and Levy will gamble on Kane being unwilling to fuss in the media, and too competitive to not turn up to training and try and score goals. If he does decide to go though, I reckon Levy would sell him to Chelsea for purely political reasons. If you have to sell him and cling onto your job at the same time, sell him to a hated rival, brief the media on Harry being a disloyal whiner and fan the flames of the Chelsea/Tottenham divide to try and turn Kane into a hate figure. Make him the lightning rod rather than yourself, that sounds like classic Levy.
    There is zero chance Spurs fans would side with Levy over Kane.
    It's not that they'll side with Levy, it's that the pressure on him will be less if the fans are also angry at Kane for 'betraying' them. As you can see from the interview Kane has done with Neville fans can be turned without too much trouble; I mean, we boo players that we happily sold when they return to The Valley. Working the PR angle to make Kane come across badly is definitely something Levy will do
  • Options
    I think he'll likely end up staying because there's too long left on his deal and Levy will gamble on Kane being unwilling to fuss in the media, and too competitive to not turn up to training and try and score goals. If he does decide to go though, I reckon Levy would sell him to Chelsea for purely political reasons. If you have to sell him and cling onto your job at the same time, sell him to a hated rival, brief the media on Harry being a disloyal whiner and fan the flames of the Chelsea/Tottenham divide to try and turn Kane into a hate figure. Make him the lightning rod rather than yourself, that sounds like classic Levy.
    There is zero chance Spurs fans would side with Levy over Kane.
    It's not that they'll side with Levy, it's that the pressure on him will be less if the fans are also angry at Kane for 'betraying' them. As you can see from the interview Kane has done with Neville fans can be turned without too much trouble; I mean, we boo players that we happily sold when they return to The Valley. Working the PR angle to make Kane come across badly is definitely something Levy will do
    The Spurs fans booed Sheringham when he left Spurs to win some silverware at United, then cheered him again when he returned

Sheringham won nothing at Spurs in 7 seasons, whereas at United in 4 seasons he won 3 PL titles, an FA Cup and a Champions League. And wasn't Sheringham Kane's favourite player when growing up...
  • Options
    I think any sensible spurs fans will share the same view as @JohnBoyUK. 2 of my best mates are spurs fans and have been saying for a couple of years that he needs to leave. I wouldn't read too much into what the twitter comments are because we all know that those who shout loudest on there are often morons!
  • Options
    Man City?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think  with two years left on his contract, Spurs can look for top money. That could prevent a deal happening although there re some clubs where money seems no object.
  • Options
    I think he'll go back to one of his old stamping grounds.

Millwall.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    surprised he signed such a long contract.
    I read that as "pay me a shed load and I'll get you some back when you sell me".
  • Options
    I think Kane has shown loyalty to Spurs by signing the contract that he did. No fan can begrudge the bloke wanting to win things. Spurs lost their chance by not backing potchetino. They had a real chance to build on what he had achieved but decided not too. I have always liked Spurs and hope they do well but I think the writing is on the wall and they are heading for decline. 
  • Options
    That interview is cringe and will turn fans against him IMHO. Pisses me off when these players sign big old contracts earning millions of pounds then just expect to be released cause things haven't quite gone to plan. If I was a spurs fan id be fuming with Kane tbh. Yeah, he'll go, because he's burnt his bridges now, but if I was a fan I wouldn't give him a round of applause when he tips up for Man City next season, I'd be giving him dogs abuse!
  • Options
    Doesn't matter what was said, it's what is written in the contract that matters.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Doesn't matter what was said, it's what is written in the contract that matters.
    https://youtu.be/6u8AgUXPpLM
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Heard Kane has been flying all over the place in the past couple of weeks.
    Paris, monte Carlo, Madrid.
    Levy touting him out to all and sundry by all accounts.
    He might get his move, but not necessarily to his first choice.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    That interview is cringe and will turn fans against him IMHO. Pisses me off when these players sign big old contracts earning millions of pounds then just expect to be released cause things haven't quite gone to plan. If I was a spurs fan id be fuming with Kane tbh. Yeah, he'll go, because he's burnt his bridges now, but if I was a fan I wouldn't give him a round of applause when he tips up for Man City next season, I'd be giving him dogs abuse!
    Not necessarily as simple as that. We don't know what was said at the time he signed his contract, Levy might have promised they'd make this signing, that signing etc and if you look at Spurs now they're miles off the side that reached the CL final. They don't even have a manager.

As their best player i think Kane is perfectly entitled to want to have a word with Levy about the clubs plans. Who are they planning to sign, who will the manager be?

Besides what's Kane really said in that interview that's so bad? I want to play CL football (obvious), i don't want to end my career and have regrets (obvious), i hope after 16 years at the club i’ve got a good enough relationship with the chairman to have an honest conversation (fair point).
    Exactly, none of us can begrudge him that. But it dont half sound like listening to your Mrs being interviewed about her new fella and what she'd like to do in the bedroom with him lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Not necessarily as simple as that. We don't know what was said at the time he signed his contract, Levy might have promised they'd make this signing, that signing etc and if you look at Spurs now they're miles off the side that reached the CL final. They don't even have a manager.

As their best player i think Kane is perfectly entitled to want to have a word with Levy about the clubs plans. Who are they planning to sign, who will the manager be?

Besides what's Kane really said in that interview that's so bad? I want to play CL football (obvious), i don't want to end my career and have regrets (obvious), i hope after 16 years at the club i’ve got a good enough relationship with the chairman to have an honest conversation (fair point).
    Exactly, none of us can begrudge him that. But it dont half sound like listening to your Mrs being interviewed about her new fella and what she'd like to do in the bedroom with him lol
    Bloody hell, JohnBoy, it must have been tough hearing that on national radio. Now I do feel sorry for you.
  • Options
     What a load of crap. Levy would sell his Mother if the price is right. Kane will end up at City imo and it will be interesting to see how much of the transfer fee gets given to the new manager to rebuild the squad. My guess will be a fraction
  • Options
    He smacks me as a Guardiola type player, football intelligence, can fit into the structures, and will get rested at City, where he won't at United
  • Options
    A big money sale may open up a Spurs move for Pope :)
  • Options
    A big money sale may open up a Spurs move for Pope :)
    Every chance, especially now Hugo Lloris has turned down a new contract.  He's only got 12m left now so every chance he'll end up going PSG in the summer to link up with Poch and go homeward bound.
  • Options
    20% plus for us :)
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    20% plus for us :)
    everyone's a winner.

Apart from Spurs.  Bottling b*stards.  I said it before any of you can!