Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have you ever had the urge to flirt with a team next door..?

The Orient... always fancied their Agatha Christie's flavour. Kept it secret, and still do pretty well, but am I the only one..? Have you ever...? Not necessarily with the 'O's Just for a tiny moment? 
Will I burn alone...?

Comments

• Options
    Nurse nurse!
  • Options
    Non league sides definitely - if they count for a conversation like this.

I also am very familiar with Leyton - and play next to their stadium twice a week so have a lot of mates who follow them. If Charlton ever did cease to exist, I’d probably take in a few more Leyton games but wouldn’t be able to full time support anyone in the current 92 system.
  • Options
    If Charlton disappeared I'd probably start watching Orient.
  • Options
    Torquay Utd for me.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Welling for me after Charlton. 
    Yup, same
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Same for me. seen far more Welling than Charlton games over the last few years.

A couple of us used to go and watch Millwall when I was a kid and we were playing away. Never really had any kind of affinity with them though and didn't have any mates who were fans, just wanted to go and watch football.
  • Options
    Can't be too fussed about Welling but Bexleyheath CC nextdoor is one of my favourite places to play cricket, so there's that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Please take a seat, sir. Doucher will be along to condemn you shortly. 
    aarrgghhh - caught u lurking in deep water firing missiles on another thread 
  • Options
    as long as you have a charlton season ticket u r free to undertake whatever perverse desires suit - each to their own 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Same for me. seen far more Welling than Charlton games over the last few years.

A couple of us used to go and watch Millwall when I was a kid and we were playing away. Never really had any kind of affinity with them though and didn't have any mates who were fans, just wanted to go and watch football.
    Can't believe you haven't thought about going up the arsenal.
  • Options
    No way could I ever support another league side if Charlton went under. 
    Non league for me.
    Cray wanderers to be exact. 
  • Options
    will get absolutely peltered for this but im not adverse to seeing spurs do well - its mainly due to my hate of arsenal fc I cant stand the club, there fans and there ground 
  • Options
    Lots of my mates go down to Ipswich (and it is much easier for me to get to) so I like going down there sometimes.
  • Options
    if charlton packed up, that would be me done other than watching my kids play 
  • Options
    After Charlton, Millwall is the team I have seen most often. I  can't imagine ever supporting them but it probably explains why Palace bother me far more than they do!

Frankly if Charlton were no more I would probably lose all interest in football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After hanging around Dorking Wanderers (Step 2) and Charlwood (Step 7) I've definitely grown fond of them, and on several occasions celebrated them scoring with the vigour I’d normally reserve for CAFC. Particularly Charlwood. They’ll never replace the Addicks for me, but there’s a lot to be said for being up close and involved with non-league sides. Their success really does feel like you own it. 
  • Options
    If Charlton folded I'd follow Welling, have to say I enjoy the whole non-league experience.
  • Options
    Often wished I'd grown up in a one club city like Newcastle or Leeds (but not Leeds) when all your mates would support the same club.

this - would be quality 
  • Options
    i went to millwall with my mates and vica versa when Charlton were away in my teens but once they got promoted to the same division, that stopped - never had the urge to actually support them and have always wanted them to lose more than anybody else since tasting my first defeat against them 
  • Options
    Yeah, although I do live next door to a netball pitch 
  • Options
    No Charlton and I'd drift away from football, only result I would look for would be Rushden and Diamonds. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    My first ever professional game was at The New Den. I was, to be fair, about 9 and on a school trip. I also said "may the best team win!" to the turnstile lady, which she took umbrage to. Alas, Millwall won (2-1, over Walsall)
    Private schools doing trips to the New Den to observe the local wildlife?
  • Options
    Welling for me. Grew up couple of minutes from the ground and spent a lot of my childhood summers at there football school.  
  • Options
    I went to loads of Leeds games when I was at uni there, home and away too. I never really saw it as me supporting them, I just liked the day out as a few mates are Leeds fans. I was in the Leeds away end for the Arsenal FA cup game last year.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    My first ever professional game was at The New Den. I was, to be fair, about 9 and on a school trip. I also said "may the best team win!" to the turnstile lady, which she took umbrage to. Alas, Millwall won (2-1, over Walsall)
    Private schools doing trips to the New Den to observe the local wildlife?
    State primary m8, wasn't born with the silver spoon, I bloody earnt it ;)