Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Conflicting stuff on BBC Sport.

Reports from Spain suggested a fee of between £42m and £46.5m had been agreed for Silva between the Premier League champions and La Liga giants. (Managing Barca)

Barcelona are offering Netherlands striker Memphis Depay, 28, to Serie A side Juventus as the Catalan club looks to offload players to ease their financial difficulties. (Goal)

One minute spending loads next having to shift players because of finances. 
    Both are true, I think they see Bernardo as the final piece of the jigsaw. At the same time, they need to shift a few to register the players they've already signed. Dest, Braithwaite, Aubameyang, Umtiti, Pjanic, Depay and Collado are all for sale. I still think De Jong will leave, probably to Chelsea. 
  • Options
    Connor Coady .. Wolves to Everton on loan .. strange one unless Coady has been campaigning for a return to ScouseLand
  • Options
    Just wants to revisit his hubcaps.
  • Options
    Wycombe have signed Alfie Mawson (CB) on a permanent deal, this is the lad who cost Fulham £20m just four years ago
  • Options
    Wycombe have signed Alfie Mawson (CB) on a permanent deal, this is the lad who cost Fulham £20m just four years ago
    £20m! That’s crazy. I’d forgotten all about him.
  • Options
    That’s an eye catching signing, I’d have liked Mawson. 
  • Options
    Has played very little over the last four years so injury record cant be brilliant hence why he's dropping back down surely - Ainsworth was his Manager @ Wycombe previously as well, so no doubt helped lure him back.
  • Options
    big drop down to L1, he could be a very good signing .. was surprised to read that he's 28 .. don't time fly by
  • Options
    Has played very little over the last four years so injury record cant be brilliant hence why he's dropping back down surely - Ainsworth was his Manager @ Wycombe previously as well, so no doubt helped lure him back.
    he's had a lot of knee surgery as well as a  C L injury  .. he must have lost a lot of pace .. Alfie Mawson - Injury history | Transfermarkt
  • Options
    Fleetwood make low offer of 100,000 for Cole Stockton .. the only bid Morecombe have received 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62522280

Yet another Forest signing, £20m for Emmanuel Dennis
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Remind me of Fulham a few years back, 15 new signings or whatever.

Still think they'll be in or near the relegation zone.
  • Options

he could be a good one. equally a flash in the pan .. Forest know they have a lot of cash coming their way either in the Prem or parachute money in the Champ .. they are spending in an attempt to stay in and to get established in the Prem where many have tried and only a few succeed 
  • Options

Taylor made the bench last week, hopefully this will confine him to the stands and he will never play in the premier league
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Well what a surprise........

Barcelona have registered almost all of their new signings in time for their first game of the season on Saturday.

The Spanish club were previously unable to register new players because of La Liga financial regulations, but freed up funding with several 'economic levers'.

The fourth lever was activated on Friday and, now ratified by La Liga, Franck Kessie, Andreas Christensen, Robert Lewandowski and Raphinha can face Rayo Vallecano.

The restriction also applied to players who have renewed their contracts this summer, namely Ousmane Dembele and Sergi Roberto, but both have also been registered.

But the club are still waiting on French defender Jules Kounde, who has missed the majority of pre-season with an injury. In order for Kounde to be registered, Barcelona will need to free up 'salary mass'.

So after all summer where they had no money and would be forced to sell de Jong, they've managed to buy half a new team and keep him. Kounde will be registered when they offload either Depay or Aubameyang. On paper their team looks very strong, and they have a lot of strength in depth as well. 

• Options
    Nottingham Forest have apparently had a 15m bid for Neal Maupay accepted. If he signs he will be their 14th signing since winning promotion.

• Options
    Nottingham Forest have apparently had a 15m bid for Neal Maupay accepted. If he signs he will be their 14th signing since winning promotion.

Neal Maupay? They must be desperate to not play Lyle Taylor  :D
  • Options

Neal Maupay? They must be desperate to not play Lyle Taylor  :D
    They've spent about 50m on 3 new strikers if he signs, so i think from next week Taylor won't be anywhere near the squad. He was an unused sub last week (when they needed a goal) and they've since signed Emmanuel Dennis from Watford and now reportedly Maupay.
  • Options
    Fofana to Chelsea .. he's desperate to go there, Leicester want a record sum for a defender .. just a matter of time .. even more signings are on the cards ..  Chelsea splashing the cash like a drunken matelot on shore leave
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scrap that. Cheikh Kouyate today was number 14. Maupay will be number 15.
  • Options
    Tarique Fosu has joined Stoke on loan.
  • Options
    https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/2022/august/mendes-gomes-signing/

Fleetwood sign Carlos Mendes Gomes on loan from Luton. That's a very good bit of business 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Fleetwood sign Carlos Mendes Gomes on loan from Luton. That's a very good bit of business 
    Fleetwood putting together a tidy squad for this season.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Fleetwood putting together a tidy squad for this season.

Absolutely, if they add Stockton as well as rumoured they could be a threat under Scott Brown. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Surprised he didnt end back @ Morecambe
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Wolves have signed Portuguese (yes what a shock) midfielder Matheus Nunes from Sporting Lisbon for a a club record €45m (£38m) fee on a five-year contract.

Nunes has eight caps for Portugal and is expected to be part of their squad for this year's World Cup in Qatar.

He becomes the 10th Portuguese player in their first team squad. I've no idea how they're getting round the homegrown ruling as from what i can see on wiki they only have 3 English players in a 26 man squad.

• Options
    edited August 2022

Wolves have signed Portuguese (yes what a shock) midfielder Matheus Nunes from Sporting Lisbon for a a club record €45m (£38m) fee on a five-year contract.

Nunes has eight caps for Portugal and is expected to be part of their squad for this year's World Cup in Qatar.

He becomes the 10th Portuguese player in their first team squad. I've no idea how they're getting round the homegrown ruling as from what i can see on wiki they only have 3 English players in a 26 man squad.

Sarkic, Collins and Ronan will count as homegrown. I make it 18 foreign players but they'll only be able to register 17 of them. 
    Actually, they'll probably be ok as Ait-Nouri will just count as U21 this season. You'd expect one or two from that list minimum to move on anyway. 
  • Options

Homegrown doesn't mean they have to be English. Just needed to have come through their academy