Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    The phrase 'more money than sense' springs to mind.
  • Options
    For a striker his goalscoring record as shown above is none too impressive, oh well lets see how it pans out.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    For a striker his goalscoring record as shown above is none too impressive, oh well lets see how it pans out.
    This is why it’s best to not just judge strikers (especially young ones) just by their goal scoring records. If I was creating a squad from scratch with all the money in the world, this kid would get in it as he’s a brilliant young player. Glad he’s coming to the Premier league.
  • Options
    Rakeem Harper has gone to Exeter on loan. Not so long ago he was seen as the next big thing.
  • Options
    Newcastle look likely to spend £60m on Isak after Callum Wilson was injured.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62659383
  • Options
    Not bad is it, forward gets injured so they spend a mere £60m.

If only we could do the same!!!!
  • Options
    Callum Wilson has had absolutely zero luck with injuries since going to Newcastle. Shame as i think if he'd had a good 3-4 months then he'd have had an outside chance of going to the world cup. I'd certainly have him ahead of Calvert-Lewin.
  • Options
    Callum Wilson has had absolutely zero luck with injuries since going to Newcastle. Shame as i think if he'd had a good 3-4 months then he'd have had an outside chance of going to the world cup. I'd certainly have him ahead of Calvert-Lewin.
    With the injury records of DCL and Wilson, and neither Ings nor Watkins doing much, there's a space up for grabs for anyone playing well in the next 3 months 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Similar injury record to chucks. When does zero luck become an issue with the player.

not digging anyone out here, serious question
  • Options
    With the injury records of DCL and Wilson, and neither Ings nor Watkins doing much, there's a space up for grabs for anyone playing well in the next 3 months 

Just as Aneke will be hitting full fitness..
  • Options
    Be surprised if Alex Neil leaves Sunderland for Stoke but he’s only on a one year rolling contract so stranger things have happened but Sunderland are a bigger club and have a better chance of promotion this season than Stoke in my opinion.
  • Options
    Be surprised if Alex Neil leaves Sunderland for Stoke but he’s only on a one year rolling contract so stranger things have happened but Sunderland are a bigger club and have a better chance of promotion this season than Stoke in my opinion.
    Bigger wages 
    Bigger budget.

Also believe his family still live in the NW from his Preston stint so it's closer to home.

That said, if I was him I'd worry about why managers are failing at Stoke but doing well elsewhere, what the issues are, and how much I could change them in 5 days before the transfer window ends.
  • Options
    Bigger wages 
    Bigger budget.

Also believe his family still live in the NW from his Preston stint so it's closer to home.

That said, if I was him I'd worry about why managers are failing at Stoke but doing well elsewhere, what the issues are, and how much I could change them in 5 days before the transfer window ends.
    What interests me is that Jones and Rowett went on to perform miracles at smaller clubs.Why did they both fail so badly at Stoke?
  • Options
    Blackpool have signed Leeds winger Ian Poveda….which is likely to end any interest they may have had in Charlie Kirk.
  • Options

Alex Mighten to Sheffield Wednesday on loan from Forest , young very pacey winger to play opposite Wilkes
  • Options
    Oxford linked with a loan move for Everton’s Tommy Cannon 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Blackpool have signed Leeds winger Ian Poveda….which is likely to end any interest they may have had in Charlie Kirk.
    Garner's comments this week made it pretty clear he wants Kirk to stay anyway
    I'm glad about that I think he is doing well for us now and feel he will get better. He hardly ever gives the ball away and he can deliver a great ball into the box
  • Options
    Ross Barkley has left Chelsea by mutual consent
  • Options
    Read the other day that he was on £200,000 a week, crazy wages if that's correct.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Read the other day that he was on £200,000 a week, crazy wages if that's correct.
    most Prem footballers are on silly money 
  • Options
    Baffling how the likes of Barkley and Dele Alli have faded. In 2018, Dele played 11 times for England, while in 2019 Barkley played 8 times for England, scoring 4 goals
  • Options
    Wolves look set to sign Saša Kalajdžić - He's got a lovely Portuguese name that one
  • Options
    Wolves look set to sign Saša Kalajdžić - He's got a lovely Portuguese name that one
    Wolves had 6 Portuguese players in y'days starting Xl .. how many are actually Brazilian I know not
  • Options
    Baffling how the likes of Barkley and Dele Alli have faded. In 2018, Dele played 11 times for England, while in 2019 Barkley played 8 times for England, scoring 4 goals
    And even in football terms, they're still relatively young considering they feel like they've been around forever - Alli is only 26, Barkley 28, and there's still a "narrative" like they are past it or on some sort of last chance to prove something.