Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Tom Lowery has signed a 3 year deal with Portsmouth. One I'd hoped we'd get at some point but not with how stacked our midfield got 

Apparently being followed by Owen Dale.
  • Options
    Tom Lowery has signed a 3 year deal with Portsmouth. One I'd hoped we'd get at some point but not with how stacked our midfield got 

After a slow start to the window i think they're putting together a fairly decent side now. Lincoln, Cheltenham, Cambridge, Bristol rovers and Port vale are their next 5 games so i expect them to be one of this seasons early front runners.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

After a slow start to the window i think they're putting together a fairly decent side now. Lincoln, Cheltenham, Cambridge, Bristol rovers and Port vale are their next 5 games so i expect them to be one of this seasons early front runners.
    Another club who's budget appears to be bigger than ours this season. It'll be interesting to see how they get on.
  • Options
    Brentford look set to sign Mikkel Damsgaard from Sampdoria. 

I know there are the Danish connections, but that lad was outstanding against England in the Euros last summer - Surprised he hasnt attracted bigger attention. 
    Had a few injury issues last year so he's a bit of a risk:

https://sportsfinding.com/the-unusual-injury-that-sent-damsgaard-to-the-hospital/145828/
  • Options

Another club who's budget appears to be bigger than ours this season. It'll be interesting to see how they get on.
    They were quiet early on in the window, I would imagine Pompey are closer to us than the top 2/3. They’ve paid a fee for Bishop but I doubt they’re paying big wages. Garner’s said we’re looking at permanent deals as well as loans so I wouldn’t completely rule out us paying a fee.
  • Options
    Brentford look set to sign Mikkel Damsgaard from Sampdoria. 

I know there are the Danish connections, but that lad was outstanding against England in the Euros last summer - Surprised he hasnt attracted bigger attention. 

For £15m this could be one of the steals of the window. Thought he had a fantastic Euros and is a tailor made Eriksen replacement 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Portsmouth signed Owen Dale yesterday, apologies if already mentioned and posted

• Options
    Maxwel Cornet .. Burnley to West Ham .. keeping it claret and blue .. potentially a bargain at circa £18 Million
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Rabiot. Juve to Man Utd. Initial 15m fee. Would be much needed midfield help for ten Hag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rabiot. Juve to Man Utd. Initial 15m fee. Would be much needed midfield help for ten Hag.
    Not convinced at all by that - they need a proper DM, someone who can protect the defence, rather than another ball playing midfielder.

A Kante/Makelele type rather than a Jorginho type.

• Options
    And a striker, and a right back....
  • Options
    Marko Arnautovic the latest to be linked to Man U today.

They are definitely going after a certain type of character it seems…
  • Options

Mid table at best players? 
  • Options
    I'm a bit sad that palarse have sold Benteke to Rooney's DC United. The fee is unstated but apparently about £7.5m according to palace ITK geeks. That's a decent return for a non-scoring striker. Mind you he cost them £25m back in the day. What annoys me is that his reported £100K a week was a nice drain on palace's revenue. It would have been nice to have him stay for another couple seasons. Sighs.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Mid table at best players? 
    Although I have no sympathy with them 🤭 Utd are so far away from being competitive its unreal. The money they pay for over hyped players is ridiculous whoever is responsible for their recruitment needs sacking. 
    It is beyond me how Mctominey and fred get anywhere near a Utd midfield. The former is top end championship at best imo and fred I have no idea where he fits. They must have bloody good agents 😂
  • Options
    I'm a bit sad that palarse have sold Benteke to Rooney's DC United. The fee is unstated but apparently about £7.5m according to palace ITK geeks. That's a decent return for a non-scoring striker. Mind you he cost them £25m back in the day. What annoys me is that his reported £100K a week was a nice drain on palace's revenue. It would have been nice to have him stay for another couple seasons. Sighs.
    Secret agent Benteke was doing a great job for us, shame
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62478210

Barcelona have yet to register any of their new signings, due to not yet passing La Liga's rules...
  • Options

Barcelona have yet to register any of their new signings, due to not yet passing La Liga's rules...
    Absolutely farcical. Should be a rule in place that if you can't register that player then you can't sign them
  • Options
    Richard Keogh potentially off to Ipswich 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keogh was a good ball playing centre half when playing for Mk Dons at this level a couple of years back.

Looks about 50 now judging by that twitter pic though!
  • Options

Is there a single person out there who doesn't believe they'll all be registered just in time for their first game?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Man Utd withdraw their interest in 33-year-old Arnautovic after receiving fan complaints. 

What an absolute farce.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Man Utd withdraw their interest in 33-year-old Arnautovic after receiving fan complaints. 

What an absolute farce.
    Haha can't wait for them to re-sign Bebé on a 3 year deal at this rate. That, or another veteran striker unsuited to English football. 
  • Options
    Always knew that Webbsfleet had the right idea, they were just ahead of their time.
  • Options
    Gerard Romero (who appears to be Spain's version of Fabrizio Romano and is close to Barcelona's transfers) has reported that Barca and City have agreed a fee between €50m and €55m (roughly £42m – £46.5m) for Bernardo Silva. City have denied it and said they haven't even received a bid.

Surely in todays market, that is nowhere near enough for a player of his quality who has 3 years left on his contract.
  • Options
    Conflicting stuff on BBC Sport.

Reports from Spain suggested a fee of between £42m and £46.5m had been agreed for Silva between the Premier League champions and La Liga giants. (Managing Barca)

Barcelona are offering Netherlands striker Memphis Depay, 28, to Serie A side Juventus as the Catalan club looks to offload players to ease their financial difficulties. (Goal)

One minute spending loads next having to shift players because of finances. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Pompey have really ramped up, they’ve had a very strong window now 
    remember Pompey is owned by Michael Eisner, the billionaire scion of a VERY wealthy and talented American family
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Conflicting stuff on BBC Sport.

Reports from Spain suggested a fee of between £42m and £46.5m had been agreed for Silva between the Premier League champions and La Liga giants. (Managing Barca)

Barcelona are offering Netherlands striker Memphis Depay, 28, to Serie A side Juventus as the Catalan club looks to offload players to ease their financial difficulties. (Goal)

One minute spending loads next having to shift players because of finances. 
    They're still looking to sign players who can have an impact on the first team (like Bernardo), but now they have Lewandowski and plenty of other attacking options they've decided that one of Depay and Aubameyang can leave.

So whilst it's labelled as being because of their financial problems, it's more to do with offloading someone who will rarely play, as no point having someone on 100k a week sitting in the stands. Any club would do the same.