Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Pearce - (p11 - retires and joins Academy as coach)

Comments

• Options
    Jase was down at David Lloyd’s in Sidcup yesterday. Have to say he’s looking pretty fit so it wouldn’t surprise me if he carried on playing for a couple of years 
  • Options
    Surprised JJ hasn’t asked him to join Wimbledon 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    I am not.
  • Options
    League 2 he’d be a decent addition in my opinion.
  • Options
    Jacko didn't want him here, but he loved him as his captain. Maybe knows he needs a different style from the back to succeed with his plans.
  • Options
    Pearce is a good bloke but not suited to our future style to play out from the back (from academy level up). A move to Gillingham may suit him better and make a lot of sense.
  • Options
    Pearce is a good bloke but not suited to our future style to play out from the back (from academy level up). A move to Gillingham may suit him better and make a lot of sense.
    Maybe ties in with a deal for Tucker in some way?
  • Options
    Don't think so given that they're both out of contract and free to move wherever they want
  • Options
    I’d have kept him on for another season .  Wouldn’t want him as a regular starter but given that we only have Lavelle and Inniss, he would have been reliable cover and a good character to have around .  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Maybe they can’t afford his wage demands, maybe like Harris said this is silly season where agents put stories out there (true or not true) to try and get others to come to the table and create a bidding war (of wages that is).

Bit like going on right move, maybe this is Jase’s ‘viewing weekend’ I’d love him to stay at the club as a coach, but he’s got to get the best for him and his family.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I’d have kept him on for another season .  Wouldn’t want him as a regular starter but given that we only have Lavelle and Inniss, he would have been reliable cover and a good character to have around .  
    A couple of years ago, he would have probably been kept on for a further season.
    But now with reduced numbers under the squad cap, Pearcey would have been taking up a valuable squad place.

• Options
    He’s been a good player for us but it’s time to move on. No time for sentiment. We need to get out of this league. 
  • Options
    Think he will boss it at league 2 and I fancy Gillingham to bounce straight back with Harris. Pearce is tailor made for league 2 footie now
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I think Pearce is an honest pro. He's lost his pace and cannot compete with a young striker for speed, but he has the old head of a seasoned professional that has a trick up his sleave. I liked his attitude, even if his skill set was crude at times. When the world went to shit last season, I continued to have faith that Pearce cared and tried to compete at the best of his level. Wish him only good luck on his next chapter, but not another season at Charlton. 
  • Options
    Has his flaws as a player but think he still has a lot to offer someone. Didn’t look particularly out of place in League 1 last season. I think he’d be mad ti retire now if still feels up to it. You’re a long time retired. Hope he finds a decent club for him and his family. 
  • Options
    I did post this June 7th. Maybe my source is reliable after all. 
  • Options
    I would like him to stay on in a coaching capacity personally. Playing wise we do need younger but I think he would make an excellent coach in the future. Dont blame him for maybe wanting another year of playing at least.
  • Options
    Don't think so given that they're both out of contract and free to move wherever they want
    Yeah…..I wasn’t thinking right there.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The most nailed on possibility.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure where Jason lives but Gillingham would be a good club for him as he wouldn't have to move home and disrupt his kids education. Plus League 2 will suit Pearce now as he is in the Autumn of his career.

• Options
    Would allow him to continue his academy in Eltham as well
  • Options
    Not sure where Jason lives but Gillingham would be a good club for him as he wouldn't have to move home and disrupt his kids education. Plus League 2 will suit Pearce now as he is in the Autumn of his career.

God's own borough 
  • Options

God's own borough 

I didn't realise Jason Pearce lived in Richmond 🤔
  • Options
    Indeed with his personal circumstances, Gillingham would be easily the ideal club. I imagine they'll realise that too!
  • Options
    100% shouldn’t retire this summer. Could easily see him playing for another 3 to 5 years in league and non- league football