Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• edited January 2022
    George is definitely my POTY at the moment.
    Add me to the Dobbo fan club also

Super super Dobbs,Super super Dobbs,Super  super Dobbs,Super Georgie Dobson
  • Dobson is an object lesson in giving a new player a good few games before passing judgement on him. In his first games for us he was getting dog’s abuse both at the games and on this forum.
  • George took one for the team yesterday with the tackle down the Jimmy Seed end and then in a similar situation ( Don't foul, Don't foul,) he managed to jockey the guy.

Fantastic tackle in second half with a crunching 50/50 tackle late on as we were in the ascendancy with George, Morgan and sub Gilbey full of energy.

Even when we have stuttered in recent times George Dobson have kept a high standard.

Despite his unusual gait and running action George Dobson is far ahead in the POTY.
    Don’t forget his dodgy haircut in your list of things that matter not one iota 😁
  • Mametz said:
    Dobson is an object lesson in giving a new player a good few games before passing judgement on him. In his first games for us he was getting dog’s abuse both at the games and on this forum.
    I have never seen a Charlton crowd turn on the team as quickly as they did this season.  3 defeats was all it took, against 3 very good teams.
  • George is definitely my POTY at the moment.
    Add me to the Dobbo fan club also

Super super Dobbs,Super super Dobbs,Super  super Dobbs,Super Georgie Dobson
    Super Dobs ? Why not super George ?  :D
  • Need to tie him down now to a longer term contract.
    Was thinking this myself, what is he 22 ? Give him a 5 year contract NOW, don't leave it until the last minute.
    We need to build the team around him and you have to give him a golden handcuffs deal to do that. 
  • edited January 2022
    To the tune of Her Name Is Rio

His name is Dobbo and he smashes them into the stand

He passes like Pirlo but he tackles like a London lad

• Nadou said:
    The most intelligent footballer we've got. Tackles brilliantly and always spots the pass and can do it accurately. Love watching him. Worth a song far more than Lee. "George Dobson, George Dobson/ Tackles hard and always robs 'em. "  I'll get me coat. 
    To what tune?
  • Wasn’t there once a song called ‘Hey there Georgie girl’?
    Is it well known, could it be adapted?
  • Sponsored links:

• “There’s only one George Dobson” will suffice.

Less of the sister act stuff, let’s leave that to the nigels down the road.
  • cafctom said:
    “There’s only one George Dobson” will suffice.

Agree, we should be more like Millwall. Maybe we could write George's name on some spanners and lob them at the stewards
  • I hope the club has at least started to think about awarding this guy a longer contract.
  • seth plum said:
    Wasn’t there once a song called ‘Hey there Georgie girl’?
    Is it well known, could it be adapted?
    That’s one for the teenagers! 
  • Where are all the haters now… told you he was decent!!
  • cafctom said:
    “There’s only one George Dobson” will suffice.

Ah yes, nice and original. As we use for about 10 players every season…
  • edited January 2022
    He came here from the Wimbledon, Dobson Dobson, He tackles hard and gets stuck in Dobson, Dobson. He is 6ft 1 and he’s hairs a mess he plays for Jackson’s mighty reds. We’ve got George Dobson, Charlton’s number 4

(the ark song, animals walk in two by two etc)
  • He came here from the Wimbledon, Dobson Dobson, He tackles hard and gets stuck in Dobson, Dobson. He is 6ft 1 and he’s hairs a mess he plays for Jackson’s mighty reds We’ve got George Dobson, Charlton’s number 4
    Can you sing the theme tune?
  • He came here from the Wimbledon, Dobson Dobson, He tackles hard and gets stuck in Dobson, Dobson. He is 6ft 1 and he’s hairs a mess he plays for Jackson’s mighty reds We’ve got George Dobson, Charlton’s number 4
    Can you sing the theme tune?
    What?
  • Sponsored links:

• It's the ark song isn't it?
    The animals went in two by two etc etc.
  • It's the ark song isn't it?
    The animals went in two by two etc etc.
    Exactly 
  • I never thought he was a dud, even at the start of the season... just saying
  • Didn’t know he was 6 foot 1!
  • Makes me smile every game. He's like a terrier, if he loses the ball he's chasing after them.  Looks fit and willing to run. 

What's that coming over the hill, George Dobson, George Dobson........ 
  • edited January 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Where are all the haters now… told you he was decent!!
    I don't think anyone hated him.....

Elliot Lee will have a good game at some stage soon and his thread will be full of "where are the haters now" it not some sort of competition.

He crumbled in front of us against MK Dons, its was actually quite painful to watch.  As I said earlier to have the mental strength to come back from that, then being left out, to being clear favourite to win POTY is quite impressive. 
  • George Dobson, woah 
    George Dobson, woah
    He comes from Harold Wood
    He's really fucking good.

I'll get my coat.
  • Didn’t know he was 6 foot 1!
    He's so hunched over when he plays he must be about 5'7 during the game 
  • Will absolutely get Championship interest over the summer. We need to convince him we're going places. 

He certainly puts a few other defensive midfielders we've recently had into context