Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Warraplaya
  • Dare I say, he's Cullen-esque but with a bit less passing ability.
  • Not as good as Cullen IMO....didn't think that was his best game tonight although others disagree
  • ct_addick said:
    Not as good as Cullen IMO....didn't think that was his best game tonight although others disagree
    definitely not, but doesn't need to be as good as Cullen to be part of a promotion winning side. 
  • He’s Dobsonesque and a good player in his own right. If he were to get into the Bowyer promotion team it’d be at the base of the diamond instead of Bielik. Don’t know if he’s as good as Bielik was that season but he’s good enough be part of the spine of a team that will hopefully have a proper push at promotion next season. 

I expected him to get around the pitch well and been tough in the tackle but he’s been much better on the ball than I expected. He doesn’t panic under pressure, can carry it a little bit, and his passing in neat but progressive. He doesn’t suffer from being slow to release it and passing sideways and backwards too much like a lot of defensive midfielders do (*cough*Watson*cough*). 
  • He’s Dobsonesque and a good player in his own right. If he were to get into the Bowyer promotion team it’d be at the base of the diamond instead of Bielik. Don’t know if he’s as good as Bielik was that season but he’s good enough be part of the spine of a team that will hopefully have a proper push at promotion next season. 

I expected him to get around the pitch well and been tough in the tackle but he’s been much better on the ball than I expected. He doesn’t panic under pressure, can carry it a little bit, and his passing in neat but progressive. He doesn’t suffer from being slow to release it and passing sideways and backwards too much like a lot of defensive midfielders do (*cough*Watson*cough*). 
    I should bloody hope he is…
  • What do we do if he gets injured or suspended? I’m not as down on Watson as some other lifers are, but wouldn’t want him in for a run of games.
  • What do we do if he gets injured or suspended? I’m not as down on Watson as some other lifers are, but wouldn’t want him in for a run of games.
    When that happens I’d like to see Clare take his place.
    Morgan, Gilbey, Fraser, with Gilbey holding.  He's got the energy to do it- just needs clear guidance on positioning. 
  • Clare is 100% his natural replacement, both are superb players
  • Sponsored links:

• Clare is 100% his natural replacement, both are superb players
    Only that we’ve never seen Clare play well in midfield but he’s been consistently excellent in defence 
  • I can't recall too many games that he's actually played in midfield
  • He’s putting in some mighty shifts. 
    Fair play to him. 
  • Quietly excellent last night, Dobby as my son insist on calling him (because he's like a good house elf and gets it all done with no fuss, he's read too much Harry Potter lately) just gets on with it 
  • Plus if Clare does have to cover Dobson, who covers Clare at the back? Lavelle is still out and Elewere is still just a youngster. 
  • I’d like to know his tackling stats. His win rate must be over 95%
  • Leuth said:
    Play George as the midfield anchor and he is the best at that job in the league. The times he has struggled with us and at Sunderland have been when he has been asked to play in the Gilbey role, box to box and providing creativity is not his forte.

Screening the defence is his strength and he is bloody good at it. My POTY atm with Gilbey a close second.
    Gilbey not remotely close for me. Dobson by an absolute street. 
    I think AG is criminally underrated by our fans tbh. He is brilliant.
    Apart from the Fleetwood game when Gilbey was rested because of fatigue, his manager has picked him every game.

There'll be very good reason for that.

• thenewbie said:
    Plus if Clare does have to cover Dobson, who covers Clare at the back? Lavelle is still out and Elewere is still just a youngster. 
    Matthews, donch'ya know?

And  failing that, don't forget there's always everybody's favourite, "Ooh Chris Gunter!".  :smile:   :

• I'm sure its not only me but I am very concerned about Dobbo's contract situation. Just one season left on his contract, I think we are in trouble. I'm sure they will talk to him about an extension, in fact they should have been doing that for months, but the fact is the rest of the squad are shit, we are shit, there is no incentive to sign is there? If he let's his contract run down and we don't get promoted he'll have plenty of suitors. Even if we do get promoted he'll have plenty of suitors. Also, if he rejects an extension, not saying he will but could, then would TS decide to cash in this summer if offers came in? It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out this summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm sure its not only me but I am very concerned about Dobbo's contract situation. Just one season left on his contract, I think we are in trouble. I'm sure they will talk to him about an extension, in fact they should have been doing that for months, but the fact is the rest of the squad are shit, we are shit, there is no incentive to sign is there? If he let's his contract run down and we don't get promoted he'll have plenty of suitors. Even if we do get promoted he'll have plenty of suitors. Also, if he rejects an extension, not saying he will but could, then would TS decide to cash in this summer if offers came in? It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out this summer. 

Player of the season for me by far. Definitely needs an improved and extended contract, let's hope that happens in the summer ASAP. If he doesn't sign an extension I hope we don't cash in on him and just keep him for the year as not sure how much money he'd go for with a year left on his contract and he doesn't seem the type to not give 100% regardless.
    Jac_52 said:
    I'm sure its not only me but I am very concerned about Dobbo's contract situation. Just one season left on his contract, I think we are in trouble. I'm sure they will talk to him about an extension, in fact they should have been doing that for months, but the fact is the rest of the squad are shit, we are shit, there is no incentive to sign is there? If he let's his contract run down and we don't get promoted he'll have plenty of suitors. Even if we do get promoted he'll have plenty of suitors. Also, if he rejects an extension, not saying he will but could, then would TS decide to cash in this summer if offers came in? It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out this summer. 

Player of the season for me by far. Definitely needs an improved and extended contract, let's hope that happens in the summer ASAP. If he doesn't sign an extension I hope we don't cash in on him and just keep him for the year as not sure how much money he'd go for with a year left on his contract and he doesn't seem the type to not give 100% regardless.
    He’s playing well in a very poor side .  I would 100% offer him a new contract but hopefully in a better side , he’d be less fundamental. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    I'm sure its not only me but I am very concerned about Dobbo's contract situation. Just one season left on his contract, I think we are in trouble. I'm sure they will talk to him about an extension, in fact they should have been doing that for months, but the fact is the rest of the squad are shit, we are shit, there is no incentive to sign is there? If he let's his contract run down and we don't get promoted he'll have plenty of suitors. Even if we do get promoted he'll have plenty of suitors. Also, if he rejects an extension, not saying he will but could, then would TS decide to cash in this summer if offers came in? It's going to be interesting to see how this pans out this summer. 
    Jac_52 said:

He’s playing well in a very poor side .  I would 100% offer him a new contract but hopefully in a better side , he’d be less fundamental. 
    The new Jose Semedo.
  • I agree, we need to get him on a longer contract. He is a player we can build our rise around.
  • I agree, we need to get him on a longer contract. He is a player we can build our rise around.
    I've been banging on about this for months, his form won't have gone unnoticed by championship clubs & we should have tied him down on a long contract by now.
  • "League 2 standard"