Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• George Jones isnt it?
    Dobson mate

;)
  • Gribbo said:
    George Jones isnt it?
    Dobson mate

;)
    Thanks for looking into it... This forum would be lost without you
  • Gribbo said:
    George Jones isnt it?
    Dobson mate

;)
    Thanks for looking into it... This forum would be lost without you
    There wouldn't BE a forum without me...
  • You're mistaken I believe. 
    CafcSCP said:
    Am I mistaken or is that Olly interviewing George?? Sounds very much like him.
    Not Olly.
    Similar voice.
    George Jones isnt it?
    Thanks for clarifying. Similar voice and style. 
    Is George still at the club, or has he been ‘let go’ as well?

• JamesSeed said:
    You're mistaken I believe. 
    CafcSCP said:
    Not Olly.
    Similar voice.
    George Jones isnt it?

Probably not one for the George Dobson thread - but I think I saw a post on Instagram from George that he was leaving on Saturday. Various players had said farewell in the comments.
  • JamesSeed said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Not Olly.
    Similar voice.
    George Jones isnt it?

Probably not one for the George Dobson thread - but I think I saw a post on Instagram from George that he was leaving on Saturday. Various players had said farewell in the comments.
    Able to find the post?
  • mendonca said:
    JamesSeed said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Not Olly.
    Similar voice.
    George Jones isnt it?

Able to find the post?
    Just searched for a while and can't find it for the life of me, can't find his personal account either as there are so many George Jones' in the world - I only saw it because he'd tagged the #cafc hashtag.

I swear it was him though as he'd put up a selection of photos through his time here going back to Bowyer and the playoff season etc and as I said a bunch of players had wished him the best, Sean Clare etc
  • mendonca said:
    JamesSeed said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Not Olly.
    Similar voice.
    George Jones isnt it?

Able to find the post?
    Just searched for a while and can't find it for the life of me, can't find his personal account either as there are so many George Jones' in the world - I only saw it because he'd tagged the #cafc hashtag.

I swear it was him though as he'd put up a selection of photos through his time here going back to Bowyer and the playoff season etc and as I said a bunch of players had wished him the best, Sean Clare etc
    There is nothing on his personal twitter since February but don't think this is the right thread.
  • Olly's clarified it was George Barker on his thread, so it might be an idea to continue the discussion over there if necessary
  • If Dobson is allowed to leave, someone needs their head mended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lots of players can look good in a good team but Dobson consistently looks good in a very poor one which is quite an achievement on his part. 

On Saturday he was the only outfield players who put a decent tackle in and the only one who seemed to get the hump when we were playing badly.

Will be gone in January of course,  along with Clare.

• What's the score with his contract? That performance would not have gone unnoticed on Sky yesterday. 
  • His effort and workrate is phenomenal, last night it was good to see others are also doing a bit more.  Kirk worked very hard last night, for a "lazy winger".
  • You look at him and see a lad who is ready for a night out in Brentwood High st, then hear his squeaky voice and probably start to take him lightly. Before you know it, crunch! Distribution was good yesterday.
  • mendonca said:
    You look at him and see a lad who is ready for a night out in Brentwood High st, Birmingham with The Peaky Blinders then hear his squeaky voice and probably start to take him lightly. Before you know it, crunch! Distribution was good yesterday.

• edited October 2022
    mendonca said:
    You look at him and see a lad who is ready for a night out in Brentwood High st, then hear his squeaky voice and probably start to take him lightly. Before you know it, crunch! Distribution was good yesterday.
    Quite rough on a Saturday night in Brentwood High Street these days tbf.
  • Scoham said:
    We can activate a further year at the end of the season. Just like we did with JFC
    and not play him cos it’s too expensive 
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    mendonca said:
    You look at him and see a lad who is ready for a night out in Brentwood High st, then hear his squeaky voice and probably start to take him lightly. Before you know it, crunch! Distribution was good yesterday.
    Quite rough on a Saturday night in Brentwood High Street these days tbf.
    True! Meant the grooming of the hair, which is big thing when hitting the almighty Slug and lettuce you know!
  • I was saying to seth plum at the game - I don't think Garner turned up and expected Dobson to be in his starting midfield, but he's been in for the shock of his life. The kid can actually play? Like that?
  • Every successful team has a really good one who does his job - City had Fernandinho and now Rodri, Leicester and Chelsea reaped the benefit of having Kante and of course the England World Cup winning side had Nobby Stiles albeit not quite in the same role. They don't get the headlines because they aren't caught often at the other end of the pitch but the team, invariably, suffers when they aren't around. 

It would be folly if we don't get Dobson to sign an extended contract. The issue is that TS is an expert when it comes to "folly" - price and value springs to mind - and he might have to offer a little more to get him to do so because, if we are noticing what he brings to the team, you can be sure that some Championship sides will have done so. And his agent wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't look at those avenues.  
  • I’ve said it before - he’s by far our best and most important player 
  • I will admit to being of the view that Dobson is very good at what he does but is quite a limited player and doesn't have the all-round game to play at a higher level. My word has he proved me wrong in the last few games, his passing has been forward, with intent and absolutely pinpoint. He's shown real vision when moving the ball forward too and seems to be getting himself in better positions too. Wouldn't be surprised to see him bag a few goals as the season goes on.

This is on top of what we all know he can do, the defensive shielding work, breaking up play, tackling, interceptions reading their attacks etc. etc. 
  • Proper Charlton player. 110% every game. Not had enough of those in the past few years. 
  • He’s going break my heart worse than Josh Cullen. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:
    We can activate a further year at the end of the season. Same for CBT and AMB.
    We should activate it now.  He was phenomenal last night.
    I chatted to him last season and he was loving it here and felt he was at home with us and wanted it to continue.  Whilst that was a politicians answer it does make sense as he’s an Essex boy and West Ham fan.

sometimes a player just fits in at a club and It’s great when that happens.  Hopefully we can encourage him to stay a while
    We always seem to activate extensions after the season has ended, I expect there’s a short window it can be done in. If it could be done at any time I imagine we’d have done it by now.
  • Hope he gets the contract he deserves.