Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2
  • Options
    Where was he doing a training session at the weekend out of interest? Surprised we have heard nothing out of Hungary today seeing as he's arrived in the country supposedly.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    All very good, but whats it got to do with Dobbo?
    He's applying for Hungarian citizenship.
  • Options
    What a day to be a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    What a day to be a Charlton fan.
    It's alright mate, there's always England to cheer us up!
  • Options
    Where was he doing a training session at the weekend out of interest? Surprised we have heard nothing out of Hungary today seeing as he's arrived in the country supposedly.
    It’s a bit strange. Would expect a leaving message to Charlton fans (unless I missed it) and an official announcement on the website of his new club. 
  • Options
    It’s a bit strange. Would expect a leaving message to Charlton fans (unless I missed it) and an official announcement on the website of his new club. 
    Need our Hungarian correspondent to explain what’s going on.
  • Options
    I agree it is all very very strange ! no farewell message from George, nothing from the club thanking him for his services and wishing him all the best at his new club. Something is off here. George has either left under bad circumstances or something is going on. Has he actually been seen at his new club yet ?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I agree it is all very very strange ! no farewell message from George, nothing from the club thanking him for his services and wishing him all the best at his new club. Something is off here. George has either left under bad circumstances or something is going on. Has he actually been seen at his new club yet ?
    The club at least put out a sentence or two. The silence from Dobson himself is totally bizarre.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fenaddick said:
    AndyG said:
    The club at least put out a sentence or two. The silence from Dobson himself is totally bizarre.
    Yes you dont get a club captain who always had 100% backing from the fans just go and say nothing do you ?
  • Options
    Their web-site (https://fehervarfc.hu/en) was updated just last night with details of a new pre-season friendly.  Very suprised no mention of Dobbo.

• Options
    edited July 2
    CafcWest said:
    Their web-site (https://fehervarfc.hu/en) was updated just last night with details of a new pre-season friendly.  Very suprised no mention of Dobbo.

He's also not listed on their website yet, albeit only the 2nd, and his Instagram account was tagged at a private trainging camp (Alan Jordan Sports Perfomance?), just 15 hours ago, although he could obviously have been there a couple of weeks ago and they've just done the reel.

All adds to the intrigue though

https://fehervarfc.hu/en/teams/fehervar-fc-i/2023-2024/squad#kozeppalyas
  • Options
    Interesting.. Maybe that passing comment was a little bit more then!! Let's see... But as someone said, when asked at the fixture day, they wanted to get off that topic quick! Let's see what Vjacheslav has to say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addick_8 said:
    He's not going to Hungary, put it that way.
    I believe you are quite close to this.. Do you think he will be in a Charlton shirt?
  • Options
    If the Birmingham May money is somehow used as the leverage to get Dobson to stay then I see that as some mitigation, but not as a get out for Scott.
    It’s the hope that gets you.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Our football club really is like no other!  For better or worse.....I just can't imagine a club with as much drama as we have :-)
    At least it keeps the close season interesting
  • Options
    I work with a long term friend and another Charlton supporter sufferer, and we've been saying for a whie that we don't think the Dobson saga was over. Everything was too low key, including his last game.

More hope than anything else, but fingers well and truly crossed
  • Options
    CAFC play a Turkish club in Slovenia , same Turkish club plays Dobsons Hungarian side around the same time

would it be silly to think we’ll be playing against the Hungarians this preseason too?
  • Options
    Dobbo now staying to soften the blow of Alfie leaving I wonder 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Dobbo now staying to soften the blow of Alfie leaving I wonder 

Gribbo said:
    Be funny(ish) if they goonered May to re-sign Dobbo