Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 14
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Glad Minto, Brownie and Curbs saw him get clattered, put in a great cross, then sprint 70 odd yards to make a world class challenge on the right hand side of the box, because I think a lot of other missed it.

Like May, he made some errors in the first half, but when you're being pulled out of position to cover team mates, you're gonna expose yourself to some mistakes. 

What about the poor header that led to there goal he was not pulled out of position then ?? That cost us two points .. I hope you let other players off lightly when they make a mistake like that in the future … 
    The more you give, the more credit you get for the odd mistake. Thats generally how it works. To give an extreme example - Last season, City fans would've given Haaland a squeeze for even missing a whopper, given what he'd already earned in "credit". So, imo, the likes of Dobbo and May can be more easily forgiven, than some of the others. 
    Absolutely spot on. Have a promote.
  • Options
    Hopefully the voice of Nathan Jones wins over Andy Scott, that we are currently convincing Dobson his future is here while having lawyers trying to comb through this pre agreement. 

Each to their own, some have it out for Dobson but I certainly trust the opinion of two accomplished managers in Jones & Curbs over a quality player. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Glad Minto, Brownie and Curbs saw him get clattered, put in a great cross, then sprint 70 odd yards to make a world class challenge on the right hand side of the box, because I think a lot of other missed it.

Like May, he made some errors in the first half, but when you're being pulled out of position to cover team mates, you're gonna expose yourself to some mistakes. 

Andy fucking scott would have no doubt.
  • Options
    If there is a way that Dobson can be kept for me it a no brainer, the bloke is a potential legend for us imo and will grow and develop into a Championship player I have no doubt. I just dont get all of the Dobson haters on here even our most successful manager Curb has repeated time and time again that George would be in ANY of his squads 
  • Options
    It is interesting how openly Jones has set his stall out that he wants to keep Dobson and not just this season, gives me hope the club is scrambling to work out a situation with Dobson and the Hungarian club he is meant to be signing for in the summer.
  • Options
    If NJ wants him to stay and sees his worth then he stays, the deal he needs to stay will be put in front of him.  If the pre-contract agreement is binding then it will have break clauses, there could be an amount to pay to break it on Dobbo's part I am sure that could be factored into the negotiations.

Dobbo is the kind of footballer that isn't universally loved, apart from by their teammates and managers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well Dobbo has gone... absolutely gutted and disgusted with the way he has been treated by 1 person in particular. The truth will come out in the coming days. But I have been allowed to post this from the family of George in case anyone was wondering.
    Well ladies & gentleman have we all managed to vent our spleen?

If the truth was coming out in the next few days why did you feel it appropriate to release it hours before a match? What George is more important than the club, the squad, the new manager and the 3000 spending good money at Reading? Where is your common sense filter?

Sorry, the outburst reads like a Dad on a touch line in the park on a Sunday morning.
    Quite an arrogant and unpleasant tone, I thought that you were better than that.
    Well I am glad it registered. Did you read the previous 20 pages of comment? What a wholesome & uplifting experience it represents. If you thought it was acceptable I can’t help you. Someone set out deliberately to trash the club. If they wanted a bite they got one. I felt maybe just one counter argument was needed.

If sharing my work experience is arrogant then so be it. Sometimes you need to push boundaries. I would have added the following earlier but the post was already too long.

It is not my fault people cannot see the difference between rumour generated across the media and confidential information being leaked whether it was this nonsense or the channels opened via Dubai and in other places.

It speaks to a very unhealthy malaise.

The lynch mob mentality around Appletons’ departure and the alleged dissension over the Jones appointment was a disgrace. In large part I have very little sympathy with the club management/ local executive. It displays palpably weak management. There is zero mileage in trying to influence social media through selected leaks.

It will always come back to bite and it did 

I get it. Gossip is fun but on what basis is anyone supposed to go to work, to have one internal conversation let alone a whole series of internal negotiations plastered over social media. You can’t do your job if you cannot share confidential information. Sorry zero tolerance. Every contract, every letter, every email, every phone call, every text, every conversation conducted within/ with the business belongs to the business.

It is not for ANY arbitrary person to leak. It is a fundamental breach of trust and (for certain individuals) corporate law. It needed to be called out. What you think this business is operating in a bubble? The industry has had this brand portrayed as a circus for nigh on a decade. How many more layers do you want to add?

It identifies a fundamental flaw in THIS business. It is not the job of the manager and most decidedly the head coach to be the SOLE mouthpiece of the club. Appleton is actually a half decent coach. He failed but that happens. Consumer skills are not his strength. Charismatic he is not. So where was the support?

The void of business communication speaks to business ownership and business leadership. I am not talking about investors and shareholders I am talking about people being paid to run the business bloody owning this mess! It can’t just be the head coach/ manager. We have already churned through 3 in a 2/3rds of a season.

Head coaches run clubhouses. Technical Directors run infrastructure & recruitment. Neither run people facing businesses. Do we actually have a CEO? What, one on line presentation as the club stumbles toward relegation? That’s it?

What you don’t think a clubhouse of players endlessly looking over their shoulders reflects on an SMT/ local executive doing precisely the same thing. Where is the involvement, where is the passion, where is the drive, where is the inclusion, where is the inspiration? Who is driving this business? Is it all too big for these people?

What do we get a one paragraph flag statement in May saying sorry for the relegation? 

I commented something doesn’t feel right. It looks and feels rudderless. The premise of « doing good things and everything will come good » is fine as long as it moves the results dial. However lots of good hard working people can do lots of good things with no impact whatsoever. As an investor I ain’t paying for that!

The maxim of « deeds not promises » does not abdicate the responsibilities of core management and running a public facing people business. We all have our core strengths & weaknesses but to secure progress someone has to pull all of those strengths and weaknesses together.

Sort it out people. Must do better.

There is a vacuum at the heart of the club, because there are people in senior positions who whatever their individual merits are not sufficiently committed to the goal .

As I’ve argued ad nauseam, Charlton’s 90s/00s success was built on total commitment to the cause. Senior people worked 12 hour days and seven day weeks as required because they cared.

Does anyone seriously imagine that level of commitment exists in this structure?

The unwillingness to own the messaging is obvious and may be structural as much as cowardice, but it is telling.

Don't forget the special one who was even called "Mr 24/7",  Airman  :)
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    If NJ wants him to stay and sees his worth then he stays, the deal he needs to stay will be put in front of him.  If the pre-contract agreement is binding then it will have break clauses, there could be an amount to pay to break it on Dobbo's part I am sure that could be factored into the negotiations.

Dobbo is the kind of footballer that isn't universally loved, apart from by their teammates and managers.
    That point is true, the deal is done, and this is valid not only for the Hungarian law, but also for uefa, because the pre contract also contains the elements of that. I already talked one guy about that question.

And big difference between the two situations that, now only six month remain of his contract at Charlton, and he signed 3 years at the pre contract with Videoton, which start from 1th of July. So the price based on this fact is much higher. 

The second thing is that Charlton pulled back from the verbal agreement at the very last minute, why not Videoton will do the same?
  • Options
    Well Dobbo has gone... absolutely gutted and disgusted with the way he has been treated by 1 person in particular. The truth will come out in the coming days. But I have been allowed to post this from the family of George in case anyone was wondering.
    Well ladies & gentleman have we all managed to vent our spleen?

If the truth was coming out in the next few days why did you feel it appropriate to release it hours before a match? What George is more important than the club, the squad, the new manager and the 3000 spending good money at Reading? Where is your common sense filter?

Sorry, the outburst reads like a Dad on a touch line in the park on a Sunday morning.
    Quite an arrogant and unpleasant tone, I thought that you were better than that.
    Well I am glad it registered. Did you read the previous 20 pages of comment? What a wholesome & uplifting experience it represents. If you thought it was acceptable I can’t help you. Someone set out deliberately to trash the club. If they wanted a bite they got one. I felt maybe just one counter argument was needed.

If sharing my work experience is arrogant then so be it. Sometimes you need to push boundaries. I would have added the following earlier but the post was already too long.

It is not my fault people cannot see the difference between rumour generated across the media and confidential information being leaked whether it was this nonsense or the channels opened via Dubai and in other places.

It speaks to a very unhealthy malaise.

The lynch mob mentality around Appletons’ departure and the alleged dissension over the Jones appointment was a disgrace. In large part I have very little sympathy with the club management/ local executive. It displays palpably weak management. There is zero mileage in trying to influence social media through selected leaks.

It will always come back to bite and it did 

I get it. Gossip is fun but on what basis is anyone supposed to go to work, to have one internal conversation let alone a whole series of internal negotiations plastered over social media. You can’t do your job if you cannot share confidential information. Sorry zero tolerance. Every contract, every letter, every email, every phone call, every text, every conversation conducted within/ with the business belongs to the business.

It is not for ANY arbitrary person to leak. It is a fundamental breach of trust and (for certain individuals) corporate law. It needed to be called out. What you think this business is operating in a bubble? The industry has had this brand portrayed as a circus for nigh on a decade. How many more layers do you want to add?

It identifies a fundamental flaw in THIS business. It is not the job of the manager and most decidedly the head coach to be the SOLE mouthpiece of the club. Appleton is actually a half decent coach. He failed but that happens. Consumer skills are not his strength. Charismatic he is not. So where was the support?

The void of business communication speaks to business ownership and business leadership. I am not talking about investors and shareholders I am talking about people being paid to run the business bloody owning this mess! It can’t just be the head coach/ manager. We have already churned through 3 in a 2/3rds of a season.

Head coaches run clubhouses. Technical Directors run infrastructure & recruitment. Neither run people facing businesses. Do we actually have a CEO? What, one on line presentation as the club stumbles toward relegation? That’s it?

What you don’t think a clubhouse of players endlessly looking over their shoulders reflects on an SMT/ local executive doing precisely the same thing. Where is the involvement, where is the passion, where is the drive, where is the inclusion, where is the inspiration? Who is driving this business? Is it all too big for these people?

What do we get a one paragraph flag statement in May saying sorry for the relegation? 

I commented something doesn’t feel right. It looks and feels rudderless. The premise of « doing good things and everything will come good » is fine as long as it moves the results dial. However lots of good hard working people can do lots of good things with no impact whatsoever. As an investor I ain’t paying for that!

The maxim of « deeds not promises » does not abdicate the responsibilities of core management and running a public facing people business. We all have our core strengths & weaknesses but to secure progress someone has to pull all of those strengths and weaknesses together.

Sort it out people. Must do better.

There is a vacuum at the heart of the club, because there are people in senior positions who whatever their individual merits are not sufficiently committed to the goal .

As I’ve argued ad nauseam, Charlton’s 90s/00s success was built on total commitment to the cause. Senior people worked 12 hour days and seven day weeks as required because they cared.

Does anyone seriously imagine that level of commitment exists in this structure?

The unwillingness to own the messaging is obvious and may be structural as much as cowardice, but it is telling.

Airmen beats Grapevine 
    Game 
    Set
    And match
  • Options
    @Braziliance

obviously I don’t know how you are fixed for time and money, but you can get cheap flights and decent accomm in Budapest between now and a bit before Easter. Yes, go
    and take in an NB1 game but not a big derby involving Ferencvaros. Maybe Ujpest against a club from outside the capital. And vlog that. Based on my 30 years of trying and failing to love the Czech league, I think you will find it an eye-opener.
    Cheers Prague, 

Why not a big game out of interest? 

My plans atm are a Celtic game (my mate at work is a season ticket holder), the Eternal Derby in Bucharest (my best mate lives in Bucharest and finally a Galatasary game (again two Turkish mates, one of which supports Gala).

Definitely quite keen to travel and do some vlogs along the way. 
    Well because I wanted you to see the standard and atmosphere of a typical HU game. I have never seen one, mind, but I am very confident that its much like a similar Czech game. I’ve had some fantastic Euro nights in Plzen watching Viktoria beating Napoli or Dinamo Zagreb and a few tasty ones when they play Sparta or Slavia. But when you go along to a typical league game, fuck me it is dire. The atmosphere, ( lack of) the old stadia, and on the pitch the schoolboy defending and often couldn’t give a fuck attitude .. well, you will miss the Valley and you will understand why this guy, an equally fervent supporter of Budapest Honved and Luton Town (when Nathan was in charge) tweeted this about the Dobbo move

https://x.com/djgabyg/status/1756572218937504162?s=61&t=oKpEK5xuwukoPQ-YsizesQ

And the thing is yes, Dobbo might get to play in Europe, but 90% of the time he’’ll be playing in front of 3,000 with players whose body language makes Scott Fraser look like Billy Bremner. (And those players will look 200% better if they play in a Europa League game the following Wednesday) . 

If you have that experience you’ll understand why some of us have good reason (and not just ignorance or insularity) to wonder whether its a good career move for Dobbo, regardless of the money.
    Noted mate, thanks for your insightful post, I'll certainly try and do 2 games, a spicy one and a lower table fixture. 

Can I suggest another country on your bucket-list? Germany, and specifically the 2nd division. It would be at the other end of the experience spectrum. You could go and see Schalke. Having been relegated from the top flight last season they are now facing a Sunderland style double-drop, in 14th place and just 2 points above the dropzone.

I just checked their last home game,it was against  Braunschweig so nothing special. The attendance was 61,215. And that is not a typing error.

Thats an example of why I wrote that if Dobbo was serious about playing in Europe, then top of his list should be 2-Bundesliga. 

You’d need help even getting a ticket for Schalke but if you happened to be interested one of the German Addicks is a Schalke fan. 
    Germany is definitely on the list, near the top actually. 

61k attendance is outrageous for a team in the 2nd division. They're only 14th as well, blimey.
  • Options
    Sign him up! 
  • Options
    “I think anyone is good enough to play in the Championship if they believe in themselves and do absolutely everything possible. And when they get to the Championship, what is their next goal? I had a group at Luton in League Two and we told them they were going to be Championship. We said if you buy into it and believe in it then you are going to play in the Championship. Then when they got to the Championship we said: ‘Okay, you’re going to play in the Premier League’.

“And now they are League Two players playing in the Premier League. Changing their life – from believing in it, buying into it from sacrificing everything they possibly needed to – and that’s where they are.”

When I read this I had a same feeling than we prepared for the spring last year. Players and coach thinking big, We were close to relegation, but everybody focused on European spots. We thought too much about ourselves. That was the biggest mistake that we done those time. We fell down to close to relegated at the end of the season. We changed our manager, who focused only on surviving the drop, and he managed to slow down the process, and we avoided relegation in the last game of the season. 
    We started the year differently, we were focusing only on the next game, in short plans. After we speeded up, and won plenty of games and we found our team in third place at winter, he told the team every time that we have get 40 point, which is enough for survival. It is crazy, that we are still third, everybody said, that we are much stronger than relegation contender team, but he was only focusing in short terms. He said after 40 points we can focus on bigger plans, but not now.

As I saw Charlton is in big trouble. Port Vale 1 point behind with THREE games in hand. Cheltenham is 3 points behind with TWO games in hand, and he is talking about F**king Luton and Championship? He must focus on that League one players will not play League two games next year, not the F**king Championship. He lost the focus.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

What about the poor header that led to there goal he was not pulled out of position then ?? That cost us two points .. I hope you let other players off lightly when they make a mistake like that in the future … 

Dobson was key in getting us something out of the game.. …. let’s hope we not lambasting only certain players when they make mistakes wonder if Jones Hector T Watson would have been let of so lightly 
  • Options
    edited February 14
    Gribbo said:

Dobson was key in getting us something out of the game.. …. let’s hope we not lambasting only certain players when they make mistakes wonder if Jones Hector T Watson would have been let of so lightly 
    If you don't know how to quote a reply, don't bloody bother, keep on tagging onto the end of the original post is just naff....🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Vjacheslav

I’m not sure if you know that Nathan Jones used to manage Luton, in two spells, and took them up from League 2 to the Championship. So he’s referring to players who can play a lot higher if they work hard and improve themselves, because he has examples of that from the players he managed at Luton. By the way, its a funny coincidence, but are you also aware that Gaby, the Hungarian fan you talked with on Twitter re Dobbo, is also a Luton fan? He lives there most of the time I understand although he is often back in Budapest. He speaks very highly of Jones. 

It seems to be Jones style to be super-positive in public, sometimes it might seem a bit over the top but he has a group of players who clearly lack confidence in themselves and each other. The striker who came in on loan and scored his first goal last night said his time with us  so far had been “confusing” . Jones is trying to provide them with stability. He is also talking to us, the fans. And it seems to work. I was just watching on stream in Prague but in the second half the crowd really lifted the team which was pretty remarkable given all the shit we’d put up with. And after watching Jones post-match interview, even I felt better - and we had only drawn at home to bloody Lincoln.

He obviously rates Dobbo, and the only reason Dobbo was talking to you guys was that someone else in the club obviously  didn’t - someone who does not have to take responsibility for individual results, and has never been in that position elsewhere. He may face the consequences. But Jones has a job to do, to persuade Dobbo that if he stays he will be part of a big thing at Charlton. After all when he took over at Luton they had fallen farther than we ever have - and they have been in the FAPL, or at least the old Div 1. And he led them back upwards. 

I have no idea what’s in that pre-contract, and I can believe you might find out more about it than we do. If Dobbo does not come to you, you will have every right to be pissed off with our club. But Nathan Jones is innocent. He is doing his job, trying to repair the damage done by other clowns in our club who have allowed this to happen. The other person you can be pissed off with is Dobbo’s agent. Some people on here think I am over-critical of agents, but they make the most money when players move, and there is some discussion that agents can earn more when a player from England moves abroad. Nobody can understand why he signed this agreement several days before the English window closed. There are often last minute offers, but his agent had closed that possibility off. Why? My guess is that no English deal could match the amount his agent would make from sending Dobbo to you. There is no other logical reason. 

But let’s see how it all plays out from here. Of course if we get relegated, then Dobbo will be in Fehervar in July. None of us underestimate the danger of that, you can be sure.
    I agree about the agent stuff. The point is wrong He signed before the hungarian market closed, and after the transfer collapsed. This one is a big difference.

I saw the game, but the chanting of the crowed for my ear is little bit differnt. Our attendace at the stadiums highly lower, but there are a group of ultras which sometimes are louder, and organized than the bigger crowed. We are close to balkan, the chanting are different, there are drums, sometimes pyrotechnics, smoke and draperies, different passion. I think Gaby know that thing. Kispest also have a same group.

• Options
    @Vjacheslav

I’m not sure if you know that Nathan Jones used to manage Luton, in two spells, and took them up from League 2 to the Championship. So he’s referring to players who can play a lot higher if they work hard and improve themselves, because he has examples of that from the players he managed at Luton. By the way, its a funny coincidence, but are you also aware that Gaby, the Hungarian fan you talked with on Twitter re Dobbo, is also a Luton fan? He lives there most of the time I understand although he is often back in Budapest. He speaks very highly of Jones. 

It seems to be Jones style to be super-positive in public, sometimes it might seem a bit over the top but he has a group of players who clearly lack confidence in themselves and each other. The striker who came in on loan and scored his first goal last night said his time with us  so far had been “confusing” . Jones is trying to provide them with stability. He is also talking to us, the fans. And it seems to work. I was just watching on stream in Prague but in the second half the crowd really lifted the team which was pretty remarkable given all the shit we’d put up with. And after watching Jones post-match interview, even I felt better - and we had only drawn at home to bloody Lincoln.

He obviously rates Dobbo, and the only reason Dobbo was talking to you guys was that someone else in the club obviously  didn’t - someone who does not have to take responsibility for individual results, and has never been in that position elsewhere. He may face the consequences. But Jones has a job to do, to persuade Dobbo that if he stays he will be part of a big thing at Charlton. After all when he took over at Luton they had fallen farther than we ever have - and they have been in the FAPL, or at least the old Div 1. And he led them back upwards. 

I have no idea what’s in that pre-contract, and I can believe you might find out more about it than we do. If Dobbo does not come to you, you will have every right to be pissed off with our club. But Nathan Jones is innocent. He is doing his job, trying to repair the damage done by other clowns in our club who have allowed this to happen. The other person you can be pissed off with is Dobbo’s agent. Some people on here think I am over-critical of agents, but they make the most money when players move, and there is some discussion that agents can earn more when a player from England moves abroad. Nobody can understand why he signed this agreement several days before the English window closed. There are often last minute offers, but his agent had closed that possibility off. Why? My guess is that no English deal could match the amount his agent would make from sending Dobbo to you. There is no other logical reason. 

But let’s see how it all plays out from here. Of course if we get relegated, then Dobbo will be in Fehervar in July. None of us underestimate the danger of that, you can be sure.
    I agree about the agent stuff. The point is wrong He signed before the hungarian market closed, and after the transfer collapsed. This one is a big difference.

I saw the game, but the chanting of the crowed for my ear is little bit differnt. Our attendace at the stadiums highly lower, but there are a group of ultras which sometimes are louder, and organized than the bigger crowed. We are close to balkan, the chanting are different, there are drums, sometimes pyrotechnics, smoke and draperies, different passion. I think Gaby know that thing. Kispest also have a same group.

I've been meaning to ask you about the timing, because this is also confusing. Take a look:

* The first media report of a pre-contract deal came on 24th January (see page 35 of this thread -which isn't easy to do ;)) That was a full week before the close of the English window, which would have blocked off any serious interest from another English club.
    * The English window closes on Jan 31 and there is no announcement that he is gone. We all breathe a sigh of relief until someone points out the Hungarian window is still open😱
    * then he picks up a "calf injury" and then the stories start to emerge that it has become a permanent transfer, happening in this HU window. Fehervar official Twitter posts photos of him in team shirt and hat.
    * then it seems Nathan Jones intervenes and he does not go to Fehervar for medical but recovers from his calf injury to captain the team last night.So the transfer is off. But the odd thing is, the pre-contract signed in January still seems to be active. 

Is that how you understand the timeline? 

It's funny, when I watched last night I wondered i
    f you could pick up the stream, and if so what you would think - because he was not at his best, especially the passing side of his game, but I put that down to all the stress of the last two weeks. So what did you think? Is he worth all the hassle? 
  • Options
    edited February 15
    @Vjacheslav

I've been meaning to ask you about the timing, because this is also confusing. Take a look:

* The first media report of a pre-contract deal came on 24th January (see page 35 of this thread -which isn't easy to do ;)) That was a full week before the close of the English window, which would have blocked off any serious interest from another English club.
    * The English window closes on Jan 31 and there is no announcement that he is gone. We all breathe a sigh of relief until someone points out the Hungarian window is still open😱
    * then he picks up a "calf injury" and then the stories start to emerge that it has become a permanent transfer, happening in this HU window. Fehervar official Twitter posts photos of him in team shirt and hat.
    * then it seems Nathan Jones intervenes and he does not go to Fehervar for medical but recovers from his calf injury to captain the team last night.So the transfer is off. But the odd thing is, the pre-contract signed in January still seems to be active. 

Is that how you understand the timeline? 

It's funny, when I watched last night I wondered if you could pick up the stream, and if so what you would think - because he was not at his best, especially the passing side of his game, but I put that down to all the stress of the last two weeks. So what did you think? Is he worth all the hassle? 
    I'm know the timeline, but the first rumor from the pre contract was false. We only signed after the transfer is colapsed.
    You also missed to put the U23 training.

The first half was little bit weak, also the header before the Lincoln goal, but the second half was ok.
  • Options
    edited February 15
    aliwibble said:
    Gribbo said:

If you don't know how to quote a reply, don't bloody bother, keep on tagging onto the end of the original post is just naff....🙄
    To be fair to Ronnie Moore, if you're a bit overly vigorous with your backspace-delete key when typing your reply, you end up deleting the </blockquote> tag of the previous post, and the software inserts one at the end of your bit when you hit post. It's moderately easy to fix on the desktop site if you know what you're doing, but is more fiddly on a phone.

And while I'm here, people, for the love of my poor arthritic scroll finger, please will you not quote a full length Grapevine post just to follow-up with a one-liner?

I get that Ali, but just go back  and delete the draft it has caused, then start again...🤷‍♂️
    Apologies to Ronnie if any offence caused, but it is just infuriating sometimes...
  • Options
    We’re going to buy Dobson from his new club, before he’s even kick a ball for them.
    You jest, but here is Peter Varney's take:

https://x.com/_PeterVarney/status/1758020108033593667?s=20
  • Options
    edited February 15
    We’re going to buy Dobson from his new club, before he’s even kick a ball for them.

Don't get that, if George bless him, decides to stay, why should it be the club who have to compensate the Hungarians, George signed the contract, surely George has to pay up...or am I missing something here...🤷‍♂️
  • Options

Don't get that, if George bless him, decides to stay, why should it be the club who have to compensate the Hungarians, George signed the contract, surely George has to pay up...or am I missing something here...🤷‍♂️
    Yes, I think you are. 

I know some people don't rate him but the assumption that any player, let alone our club captain, would pay a financial penalty for the "privilege" of staying here is a tad heroic...

Now, if his agent paid Fehervar for all the shit he has caused everyone with this quite unnecessary pre-contract thing, that would be the best all round, but hell will freeze over before any agent loses a penny on any of their dealings.