Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    I met Dobbo's Dad walking out of Wycombe last season, a nice bloke who wanted to talk about the game and players performances, I know people who were out with him in Blackpool after the game a few weeks ago, so as a parent who follows his son around the country, and knows from doing this how instrumental he is to us, I am fine with him voicing his opinion. He knows his son's worth at this club and he if can see his son not being offered reasonable terms compared to a lot of the shit wearing the shirt then fair effing play.
    The thing about Tennai and others is that if they don’t make any sort of improvement the next contract offer they’ll get from Charlton will be worth £0 p/w.

Those players “earned” that first contract offer from us based on how they performed at their previous clubs. Second contract offers come based on how you perform at your current club.

We’ve overpaid some players on their first contract, clearly. That’s pissed off a better performing player in our squad, evidently. We’ve created problems for ourselves over multiple ownership groups.
    Agreed, we have overpaid. There has never been a point where I thought T Watson was better than Dobbo. He could have created that point with his performances but he hasn't. I would be insulted if I was Dobbo and he was getting more than me.
    The best way to make money as a footballer is to move clubs frequently.  
  • Options
    edited February 13
    I met Dobbo's Dad walking out of Wycombe last season, a nice bloke who wanted to talk about the game and players performances, I know people who were out with him in Blackpool after the game a few weeks ago, so as a parent who follows his son around the country, and knows from doing this how instrumental he is to us, I am fine with him voicing his opinion. He knows his son's worth at this club and he if can see his son not being offered reasonable terms compared to a lot of the shit wearing the shirt then fair effing play.
    The thing about Tennai and others is that if they don’t make any sort of improvement the next contract offer they’ll get from Charlton will be worth £0 p/w.

Those players “earned” that first contract offer from us based on how they performed at their previous clubs. Second contract offers come based on how you perform at your current club.

We’ve overpaid some players on their first contract, clearly. That’s pissed off a better performing player in our squad, evidently. We’ve created problems for ourselves over multiple ownership groups.
    Agree with that, but if T Watson, in particular, is on more than Dobbo, Dobbo is well within his rights to be a bit miffed, regardless of when contracts were signed. 

Would've thought that one of these many Directors of this or that in this current SMT might've pulled the likes of Dobbo aside and improved his remuneration, as soon as these new and untested players started coming in on more dough.

Edit* You got the likes of Dobbo and May who are likely to end up being part of the fixtures and fittings and who'll run through brick walls for the club, and they see these "journeyman" players like T Watson coming in on more dough. 
  • Options
    Lurker said:

Agreed, we have overpaid. There has never been a point where I thought T Watson was better than Dobbo. He could have created that point with his performances but he hasn't. I would be insulted if I was Dobbo and he was getting more than me.
    The best way to make money as a footballer is to move clubs frequently.  
    Like the likes of David Speedie and Andy Ritchie back in the day. Also Jermain Wright and bit more recently 
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Those quotes to me sound like another nail in the coffin for Andy Scott. He's basically all but said 'i overruled him'.
    Now, IF Andy is an honourable bloke and IF he wants to continue working in this "field" , might I respectfully suggest he considers falling on his sword before this issue escalates.

Too many questions at present & not enough clarity.

Surely, having our new manager in the firing line at his pre match interview ( which he handled superbly as we knew he would) won't cut the mustard . 

And sooner or later, Dobbo's position will need clarification....

Once again, I'd urge all the home fans there tomorrow night to be loud & proud in their support of our captain & leave him in NO doubt whatsoever that his place and his future is here, wearing the red shirt. 
    What is the song for Dobson? I can't recall hearing one, which has always struck me as odd.
    " We love you, Dobbo, we do,

We love you, Dobbo, we do,

We love you, Dobbo, we do.

Oh, Dobbo, we love you !"

:) 
    Another option came to me whilst in the shower just now.

Think " Baby please don't go" by Them.

"Dobbo please don't go

Dobbo please don't go

Dobbo please don't go off to Hungary

You know we love you so

Dobbo please don't go " 

No need to thank me....
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Those quotes to me sound like another nail in the coffin for Andy Scott. He's basically all but said 'i overruled him'.
    Now, IF Andy is an honourable bloke and IF he wants to continue working in this "field" , might I respectfully suggest he considers falling on his sword before this issue escalates.

Surely, having our new manager in the firing line at his pre match interview ( which he handled superbly as we knew he would) won't cut the mustard . 

Once again, I'd urge all the home fans there tomorrow night to be loud & proud in their support of our captain & leave him in NO doubt whatsoever that his place and his future is here, wearing the red shirt. 
    What is the song for Dobson? I can't recall hearing one, which has always struck me as odd.

"Dobbo please don't go

Dobbo please don't go

You know we love you so

Dobbo please don't go " 

No need to thank me....

I'm more interested in how Dobbo came to mind while you were in the shower Fanny...🤔🙄
    It's the way he hitches up the legs of his shorts during  match.....

Don't tell me you haven't noticed ! 
  • Options
    edited February 13
    Nadou said:

"Dobbo please don't go

Dobbo please don't go

You know we love you so

Dobbo please don't go " 

No need to thank me....

I'm more interested in how Dobbo came to mind while you were in the shower Fanny...🤔🙄
    It's the way he hitches up the legs of his shorts during  match.....

Don't tell me you haven't noticed ! 
    Can't say it has the same affect on me Fanny...I'm pleased to say...😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What will annoy me most is if dobbo was fit these past 2 games but wasn’t played due to wanting to sell him and then pulled the plug on it. Like not sacking Appleton before Northampton the board are costing us points time after time. 
    I don't think that was in doubt, I can't believe anyone bought the story about him having a calf strain. Did CBT play in the two games before he was sold ? It may do the current owners and their senior managers some good if they stopped treating the fans like idiots, give Curbs a ring and he'll probably give you some guidance on how to do it. 
  • Options
    Calf strain for Corey Blackett-Taylor you may can get away with but George Dobson doesn't miss games unless he breaks a leg, is suspended or dropped.
    The last time he was dropped was by Nadkins !
  • Options
    edited February 13
    Calf strain for Corey Blackett-Taylor you may can get away with but George Dobson doesn't miss games unless he breaks a leg, is suspended or dropped.
    The last time he was dropped was by Nadkins !
    Just to put even more onus on it, CBT I believe missed Burton and Peterborough, Dobson, Derby and Reading. I don't think maximum points were available but lets just say we managed just four, it would put us sixteenth, just ahead of Cambridge, further proof, if any were needed, at what a complete cock Andy Scott actually is. 
  • Options
    Nadou said:

Erm!  Not sure I do but I'd like him to stay, is that good enough.
  • Options
    Looking forward to Brownie and Curbs views on this
  • Options
    Really enjoying that days later IanC1960 is still lurking about LOLing any posts that are even remotely critical of all this being leaked out on here. Very funny stuff
    I wonder what the c stands for
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really enjoying that days later IanC1960 is still lurking about LOLing any posts that are even remotely critical of all this being leaked out on here. Very funny stuff
    I wonder what the c stands for
    Still at Dobbo
  • Options
    Pretty sure Forrest fans released a version of this when Des Walker went Sampdoria -

https://youtu.be/ujwm8YrEgI4?si=rj2XpYPHOQvPkDvM
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Haven’t seen it mentioned but towards the end he was going over to take a corner on our left and really got the covered end going. His passion really showed and the covered end rewarded him. Let’s enjoy the last few months of him while we can 
    👍