Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sean Clare - signed for Wigan on a 3 year deal (p30)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    I want to see goals from him. He does give energy and it was something we needed at times last season, but we need goals from midfield this season. Of course you can't judge that on one game, but his record suggests that it is a big ask. Still early days though. 
    3 in 28 and 4 in 26 in the league with Hearts isn’t the worst record, and we don’t know the roles he played in. We seem to be giving him freedom to get forward, I’m expecting him to get a decent return in goals and assists.

Here’s the video of his goals at Hearts. There’s a few good finishes in there and some penalties. He wouldn’t be a penalty taker if he had no shooting technique or composure in front of goal.

https://youtu.be/iu4zieD1CBw
    He made a fair number of Aribo-like runs into the box on Saturday, particularly in the 2nd half. I have no doubt if he continues to do that he will pick up a handful of goals this season.
  • Options
    I like the way he and Dobson seem to complement each others' games fairly well. Dobson seems more content to sit back as a shield which gives Clare licence to drive forward more. It's clearly a very new partnership and it shows but there's promising signs I think.

Hopefully Morgan and/or a fit again Gilbey can complete the trifecta as the only thing notably lacking presently is goals (either scoring directly or assists.) But hopefully Albie getting into the right places will fix that one.
  • Options
    I thought he improved 2nd half on Saturday and can clearly pick a pass. I'm expecting good things from him and Dobson this season, we already look a lot more mobile in midfield.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Anyone else surprised at how well he speaks?
    Not really. His father works for the Guardian Newspaper. 
    Shall we move this thread to the House of Commoners section?  ;)
  • Options
    The boy done good.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I always said Clare  and Dobson could do a job if we managed to improve our attacking options and play - which we now have. 

If are playing 4-3-3 I'd like to see them both start against Bolton, now with Gilbey next to them (Lee) otherwise. With Leko/CBT/Lee/Kirk whoever also supporting I think we would see an improvement from them.

If they do play and are shit, happy to hold my hands up and sack this season off. 
  • Options
    The boy done good.
    That means he will be dropped for the next game. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    He made a few sloppy passes but we need those legs in midfield, especially with the gaping holes that Watson leaves. Looks like he could be a good player if he tidies up. 
  • Options
    Scored then gave the ball away for their second. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Million times better than Arter
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Good performance for Clare, changed the game. Had way more energy. But then what do you expect when you half the total age of our granddad central midfield when you bring him on. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He made a few sloppy passes but we need those legs in midfield, especially with the gaping holes that Watson leaves. Looks like he could be a good player if he tidies up. 
    Or Clare has the right player or combination of players around him.

Watson leaves those 'gaping holes' not because he's a bad player - but because he's now an old knacker with slow feet.
    Again, Watson needs an energetic quick player beside him. That could be Clare.

We saw today, playing Watson and Arter together (combined age 67) is too one paced and pedestrian.

• Options
    Liked the combination of him and Gilbey today.  Plenty of energy and some quality driving runs from deep. Just need the right anchor to play with them.
  • Options
    Liked the combination of him and Gilbey today.  Plenty of energy and some quality driving runs from deep. Just need the right anchor to play with them.
    Orient had a good one
  • Options
    He needs to be tasked with running around, winning the ball back and giving it simply.  He
    is passing isn’t good enough to do anything else.  442 with him and Gilbey might work 
  • Options
    Orient had a good one
    Please please please can we forget about pratley.

he was a good honest pro who is very fit for his age, he had dropped down a level which may be why he is doing well.

he was a bit of a donkey last season, needless fouls and yellow cards. How about the two unnecessary sendings off that cost us points.

he couldn’t do a 46 game job for us last season and he definitely couldn’t this year

time to move on
  • Options
    Orient had a good one
    Please please please can we forget about pratley.

he was a good honest pro who is very fit for his age, he had dropped down a level which may be why he is doing well.

he was a bit of a donkey last season, needless fouls and yellow cards. How about the two unnecessary sendings off that cost us points.

he couldn’t do a 46 game job for us last season and he definitely couldn’t this year

time to move on
    In an ideal world, I’d agree.  I do think he’s better than Watson, Arter, Clare and Dobson, however. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Time to find a sense of humour
  • Options
    Clare was great again today out of position.
    He’s clearly a right back, even if he wants to play in midfield.   Matthews, Gunter and him have all done well in that right centre back role, but he has the benefit of having a bit of pace and athleticism .  His place to loose now. 
  • Options
    My positioning in the stadium allowed me to watch him closely first half. I felt he was a little uncomfortable at times and looked like someone playing out of position. 

I'm nit picking because they were all good today but felt he was our weakest link 1st half.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    My positioning in the stadium allowed me to watch him closely first half. I felt he was a little uncomfortable at times and looked like someone playing out of position. 

I'm nit picking because they were all good today but felt he was our weakest link 1st half.
    I disagree respectfully, I thought he seemed a little over eager to win the ball back at the start but soon settled down and read the game well. Agreed they were all good.👍
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Kips said:

I disagree respectfully, I thought he seemed a little over eager to win the ball back at the start but soon settled down and read the game well. Agreed they were all good.👍
    👍 
  • Options
    Kips said:

Were you in the bogs the whole of the first half?