Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sean Clare - signed for Wigan on a 3 year deal (p30)

Comments

• Options

Ah, this must be the Dale Jennings thread .....? :wink:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Two year deal worries me slightly. We go up and he does well in the Championship and we could lose him for nothing. Unless of course we don't think him good enough for the Championship? I was hoping for some three year deals to stop our squad churn every summer.
    There is always ONE negative Nancy......😄
    You tell him, Golfie! :smiley:

Golfie thinks that we are only doing 2 year deals because we'll be in the Premier League by then. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Two year deal worries me slightly. We go up and he does well in the Championship and we could lose him for nothing. Unless of course we don't think him good enough for the Championship? I was hoping for some three year deals to stop our squad churn every summer.
    There is always ONE negative Nancy......😄
    You tell him, Golfie! :smiley:

Golfie thinks that we are only doing 2 year deals because we'll be in the National League by then. 

• Options
    Got a feeling he's going to be Jordan Cousins with a bit more tenacity
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Adkins told the South London Press. “I’m looking for a very athletic side – and I want a big side as well.

Excellent.
    I thought the same when I read this. League 1 can certainly be scrappy at times, having a big fit side will certainly will a few points on its own. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he’s going to be a very good signing 
  • Options
    I genuinely think Clare could be up there for POTY, just a feeling. Exactly what we've missed. Fit, tenacious, quick and actually quite technical when I've watched him. Like what Adkins is clearly trying to do, think we'll be deadly from set pieces. Just need someone who can take a corner haha. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    I genuinely think Clare could be up there for POTY, just a feeling. Exactly what we've missed. Fit, tenacious, quick and actually quite technical when I've watched him. Like what Adkins is clearly trying to do, think we'll be deadly from set pieces. Just need someone who can take a corner haha. 
    *breaks leg in first 10 minutes*

Don't tempt fate  :D

Think he'd play on by the sounds of his interview... Still be quicker than Watson
  • Options
    We always think somebody is going to he the next best thing ever once we sign them. I'm happy with this signing but I've also learnt my lessons from expectations in Gunter, Ronnie, Gilbey, Shinnie (even).
  • Options
    I think some of the comments Gunter attracts are ridiculous to be honest. A few weeks ago the man was selected to start for his country in the euros v Italy in a narrow defeat to the eventual competition winners. I’m glad he’s still with us and I think we’ll see plenty of him this season. 
    You get to see which fans understand a steady eddy from somebody playing out of position for too many games.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    We always think somebody is going to he the next best thing ever once we sign them. I'm happy with this signing but I've also learnt my lessons from expectations in Gunter, Ronnie, Gilbey, Shinnie (even).
    It’s usually the opposite. I remember the Yann and Morrison reactions!
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Kicks the ball out of play with his first touch. Terrible pass gives the opposition a goal, then gives away a penalty before being hooked in the 50th minute 

"Worse than Lepoint"
    "Makes Ba look good"
    "Worst signing ever"

:D 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    interesting that we haven't had a Gallen interview after the signing of Clare????
  • Options
    Clare had a disappointing time at hearts, he turned down a years contract at Wednesday to sign for hearts but Craig Levein was dicking around so much with the team he never really got a run in a settled side. (Also got a couple of random cards that led to suspension if I remember correctly)
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    interesting that we haven't had a Gallen interview after the signing of Clare????
    Gallen saving himself for today’s new signing . 
  • Options
    Steve Avory very positive about Clare, a good technician who moves the ball well and has energy and pace.

Going to be interesting to see what his weaknesses are as he sounds like he has a lot of good strengths. Can see him impressing early on and really being hyped up, has happened before with players who combine technical ability with physicality.

Hopefully this is one we look back at the end of the season and wonder what KR was doing trying to convert him to right back.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-academy-boss-gives-his-verdict-as-sean-clare-makes-return-to-club-this-time-as-a-senior-pro/
  • Options
    League One POTY award wrapped already IMO. :-)
  • Options
    In all seriousness, excited to see what he can do in a Charlton shirt tomorrow hopefully.
  • Options
    In all seriousness, excited to see what he can do in a Charlton shirt tomorrow hopefully.
    Get very wet with everyone else if the forecast's correct... 
  • Options
    There must be a reason he's been used at RB by Oxford and also Burton. But the team/squad you play at alongside fit comes heavily into it.
  • Options
    I thought he mainly played in midfield for Burton?
  • Options
    How old was Clare when he left us?