Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace away PSF 2021 - match thread (6pm kick off)

Comments

• Options
    youngsters played well against some of their first teamers but we still need some signings
  • Options
    Pleased with us both halves. 

That last tackle on Vennings though was ridiculous... It's a friendly you prick. 
  • Options
    Nah thats just some random virgin on twitter who for some reason chooses to have his account after Zaha
  • Options
    Our counter attacking football is looking impressive from watching Reading game and our second goal tonight. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some good attacking football and very promising from Dobson.
    Our defence needs work tho. Inniss will be a constant injury worry. Pearce is a year older and slower. Purrington needs a back up left back. Famewo looked sharper today. Elerewe looks promising but not ready yet. So, other than right back we are lacking sufficient cover. We need a cb and a left back.
    We also need cover for Washington and a left winger.
    So 4 at a minimum.
  • Options
    Good performance, two errors.

I'm happy with that. 
    Two errors that in League 1 may have been less costly. 

Very encouraging otherwise.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    1-2
    Ffs !!

The score is 2-1

Home side score goes first.  Jeez.
    What a pathetic thing to get wound up by :D
    To be fair, you did just post “1-2” with no context. You can see why someone might have thought we’d gone ahead in the game, only to find we’d gone behind. 
    I can see why that might’ve pissed golfie off, bless him. 😂
    Oh I do agree, as I aluded to, for some reason I always tend read the first goal in a scoreline as being to Charlton on here - Just thought it was a bit of an OTT reaction, especially for a friendly - Lesson learnt for the League games ;)
  • Options
    Good run out I thought. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Nah thats just some random virgin on twitter who for some reason chooses to have his account after Zaha
    Fair enough but still a fu*king twat whoever it is
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Good performance, two errors.

I'm happy with that. 
    Two errors that in League 1 may have been less costly. 

Very encouraging otherwise.
    Although the players that capitalised probably will be League One at best if they go on loan...
  • Options
    Very impressive. Especially the youngsters in the second half. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    It’s not actually Zaha, in case you weren’t joking. 

Edit. Sorry, bit late there. 
  • Options
    Based on that performance Charlton will be playing in the same division as Palarse next season.
    Let’s hope so
  • Options
    Lot of people should eating there words tonight after that performance.. yes it was a friendly but this squad of players who have basically been written off before a ball been kicked proved that Charlton is in very good shape and we do have a squad that can challenge league one top 6 … 

All credit to NA and his team they have the team playing certain way and it’s very exciting … 
    Do we need new players yes of course we do but perhaps not as many as people are going on about we don’t want to block the path for some of these exciting young players we have .. 
  • Options
    PWR  but thought we did extremely well against a Premier League side, who, incidentally , only had one ball......

Lads did themselves proud & my expectations for the season have definitely gone up a notch.

Pleased with our strongest, fit 11 in the first half & certainly not embarrassed by the young guns who came in after half time. 

Maybe I'm easily pleased ( ?) but what's not to like tonight ? 
  • Options

Gomas very tidy left footed .. worth 12 month deal as a squad member perhaps not a starter but good to come of the bench 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Like their centre back gifting our second goal to Davison. I do worry about Palace with Viera....no seriously I really do ...
  • Options
    We look like we have a plan and a clear playing philosophy which will allow us to play as a proper unit, more than the sum of our parts.

With that said, we still do need half a dozen arrivals before the end of the window to fill a bench.
  • Options
    1-2
    Ffs !!

The score is 2-1

Home side score goes first.  Jeez.
    What a pathetic thing to get wound up by :D
    To be fair, you did just post “1-2” with no context. You can see why someone might have thought we’d gone ahead in the game, only to find we’d gone behind. 
    I can see why that might’ve pissed golfie off, bless him. 😂
    Oh I do agree, as I aluded to, for some reason I always tend read the first goal in a scoreline as being to Charlton on here - Just thought it was a bit of an OTT reaction, especially for a friendly - Lesson learnt for the League games ;)
    Jeez that was tolerant of you, fair play.
  • Options
    good performance, pleased for Davison, a right morale booster and the trialists have given the management a lot to think about