Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham v Charlton: Pre-Season Friendly (KO delayed til 4pm)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How the hell did Dobson and Clare not get in the Sunderland and Oxford teams? 
    Both played out of position it sounds like. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:
    Should be obvious but that team should line up

CM

Matthews Inniss Famewo Gunter

Dobson

Clare    Morgan

DJ                                 Washington

Stockley
    Honestly, looking at it laid out like that and you'd have to say that's a good first 11. Not "pissing the league" good but you'd expect to be challenging near enough anyone. Only the LB position is an obvious weakness but it seems almost guaranteed to be a loanee.

It's the depth/competition and options off the bench that need work.
    It's disgraceful, 3 different players from last season & a bunch of kids. The revolution isn't happening anytime soon.
    Last season's team came within a gnats bollocks of the playoffs and would have made it if not for the awful slump at the end of Bowyer's reign. We don't need a revolution.
    Yes we were very close to the play offs, just as well that we had chuks to come on & rescue us with his 15 goals. We do need a squad & while we may well get 4 loans in at the end of the transfer window are you happy with a bench of kids for the first 4 games ? Who knows what loans we will get, 4 Matt Smiths maybe.
    Said it before but yes I’d rather have a strong squad for 42 games than get average players in early. You’re right they could be four Matt Smiths, but most other clubs are in our situation so I think we’ll be ok.
  • Options
    League one's champions elect Ipswich who've signed everyone are currently 1-0 down at home to Millwall.
    Can we please stop trying to make friendlies out to be more important than they are. 

Just makes you look silly. 
    They're 3-0 down to Millwall now
    It doesn't matter it is a friendly. 
    Same if we lose 10-0 today ;) 
    Please have a look to see if I've posted anything in any previous friendlies. I haven't because it doesn't matter. These games are for fitness only. 
    Sorry I wasn't restricting my comment solely to you
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    We're playing some nice football in these friendlies. It's a breath of fresh air after the turgid rubbish served up for most of last season.
    That's what happens when you have a man with a plan.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wasn’t Robinson playing Clare at right back for Oxford or something like that?
  • Options
    Matthews and Gunter have looked very decent on the flanks
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Both played out of position it sounds like. 
    They must have really good players in their proper positions then.

Matthews looks a yard faster this season BTW. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:

CM

Dobson

Clare    Morgan

Stockley
    Honestly, looking at it laid out like that and you'd have to say that's a good first 11. Not "pissing the league" good but you'd expect to be challenging near enough anyone. Only the LB position is an obvious weakness but it seems almost guaranteed to be a loanee.

It's disgraceful, 3 different players from last season & a bunch of kids. The revolution isn't happening anytime soon.
    imageYou've seen this I suppose?  Can you point out how this fits with "3 different players from last season and a bunch of kids"?

No.1, 4 & 28 Ok 6 & 26 who apparently were only going to be back ups & quite simply are both past it & not good enough & a trialist 
  • Options
    Ohhh Clare... She should have done so much better
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fulham go 1-0 up.
  • Options
    Is that Fulham player doing the ears after scoring because he isnt used to hearing fans at Craven Cottage? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wasn’t Robinson playing Clare at right back for Oxford or something like that?
    Yeah, and he bought him intending to play him there. There’s an interview from when he signed and it was clear that was the plan, he saw himself as CM but was willing to play RB.

I wonder if he took the move to be closer to home but wasn’t fully convinced about the position change.
  • Options
    Under hit pass from DJ.

That's a good run and great pass.   Just a bit to good for us. 
  • Options
    Washington’s looked reluctant to use his left foot, it made him too predictable.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Always said he was a poor signing. We need a massive overhaul in the middle of the park if we want anything from this season. 
    What’s that based on? And how does one mistake in a friendly against a team from a higher league prove you were correct?
  • Options
    Bizarre behaviour from Carvahlo giving it to the away fans considering their dismal home support 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:

CM

Dobson

Clare    Morgan

Stockley

Last season's team came within a gnats bollocks of the playoffs and would have made it if not for the awful slump at the end of Bowyer's reign. We don't need a revolution.
    Yes we were very close to the play offs, just as well that we had chuks to come on & rescue us with his 15 goals. We do need a squad & while we may well get 4 loans in at the end of the transfer window are you happy with a bench of kids for the first 4 games ? Who knows what loans we will get, 4 Matt Smiths maybe.
    Said it before but yes I’d rather have a strong squad for 42 games than get average players in early. You’re right they could be four Matt Smiths, but most other clubs are in our situation so I think we’ll be ok.
    I'll be delighted to be proved wrong  :D
  • Options
    How much do you reckon a referee gets paid for a PSF? £100?
  • Options
    Does Washington even have a left foot? 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    AndyG said:
    The negativity on CL is really getting beyond a joke. 
    Did you mean "some" of CL, bit of a generalisation B)
  • Options
    Nothing against Washington but that's the position in this XI we most urgently need strengthening in 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Picture quality not great, images jumping around like a disco.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Always said he was a poor signing. We need a massive overhaul in the middle of the park if we want anything from this season. 
    What’s that based on? And how does one mistake in a friendly against a team from a higher league prove you were correct?
    I assume you have not read all my other posts in various threads, including this one on the last page, where I mention how excited I am with the signing of Clare.

I guess if not I should start doing a disclaimer every post I make which is a joke/parody.