Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham v Charlton: Pre-Season Friendly (KO delayed til 4pm)

Comments

• Options
    agreed Leuth, we need a L winger or LM
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Nothing against Washington but that's the position in this XI we most urgently need strengthening in 
    It doesn't help that Gunter doesn't have a left foot either. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Dobson going to be a good signing for us this season I think
    I wasn’t massively enthused when we signed him, but he’s impressed me over the pre-season. Think the battle between him, Clare and Gilbey will be really interesting as I think max two of them can make the starting XI (unless we push Clare further forward if Albie doesn’t make the cut).
  • Options
    If they can stay fit, Dobson and Clare could be our most important signings this season.
  • Options
    If the mackems have two midfielders better than Dobson they win the league!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Ohhh Clare... She should have done so much better
    Always said he was a poor signing. We need a massive overhaul in the middle of the park if we want anything from this season. 
    What’s that based on? And how does one mistake in a friendly against a team from a higher league prove you were correct?
    I assume you have not read all my other posts in various threads, including this one on the last page, where I mention how excited I am with the signing of Clare.

I guess if not I should start doing a disclaimer every post I make which is a joke/parody. 
    Fair enough, I most likely have but can’t remember who rated him and who hasn’t.
  • Options
    Could we put Morgan out there with Jaiyesimi on the right & Stockley + Washington through the middle?
  • Options
    If we start the season with Gunter at left back we are fucked
  • Options
    The camerawork is woeful!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Could we put Morgan out there with Jaiyesimi on the right & Stockley + Washington through the middle?
    Adkins wants his 4-3-3. We need to sign a wide forward as a priority
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a bad half for us but disappointing to go behind playing a high line when you can’t afford to be on your heels for a through ball or fail to pick up a runner. Should’ve been 2-0 in front before that with good chances for Morgan and Clare spurned. Washington has also been wasteful with his decision making in good attacking areas.
  • Options
    Watson LW 
    Pratley RW
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    No doubt on our list though I’d happily wait for it to be the last signing if we get the right player.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Decent first half, defended well overall, but class of Fulham showing in build up play, but so far so good, can see us getting back in this second half.
  • Options
    Shape good, midfield solid and passed it to teammates unlike the Pratley Era. Promising
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    Sticking rigidly to a formation rather than letting the players you have dictate how you set up gives me Karl Robinson vibes. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    I feel sure Adkins has realised that, even before you did. :wink:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    If the mackems have two midfielders better than Dobson they win the league!
    No they cant mate. Apparently that spot is already taken by Barcipswich 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Washington’s looked reluctant to use his left foot, it made him too predictable.
    We need a Maatsen/Dasilva/Wiggins clone making that run outside of him. That will hopefully let him get the half yard he needs to get shots off.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Shape good, midfield solid and passed it to teammates unlike the Pratley Era. Promising
    The Pratley era 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    Sticking rigidly to a formation rather than letting the players you have dictate how you set up gives me Karl Robinson vibes. 
    4-3-3 suits all of our players except Washington. It's a good set-up that needs a tiny bit of personnel fine-tuning
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    How wide?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    Every promotion season has had a main formation, having that and style of play is a must.

The test is if and how Adkins changes things if it’s not working. He only lost one league game with us last season so there hasn’t been a reason to change it yet. I hope he won’t stick with it like Robinson if we go on a bad run.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    4-3-3 suits all of our players except Washington. It's a good set-up that needs a tiny bit of personnel fine-tuning
    If Washington has a flying full back behind him, it could work really well and also allows us to flex 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 very easily.
  • Options
    Play like this we won’t have too many problems.

We need a LW, LB and some depth really.
  • Options
     Washington is hop to the job I hope .
    Quoi ....?

• Options
    Generally I like the way we are playing however  today our passing from the back seems to be going to the opposition not so much to our players