Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    It's really quite simple.  Kirk wants to be north and didn't perform for us, he wants to go and we need to get him off the wage bill and move forward.

People saying give him another chance & maybe a new manager might want to give him a chance is ludicrous.  

As we all know there is a limit for the squad so why risk another position in our squad to IF or MAYBE he might provide what he hasn't.  Let him go and get someone who wants to be here and is likely not a risk.  We already have 3 sick notes in the current squad we do NOT need Kirk who didn't perform. 

Lastly it doesn't matter how good he stats were at Crewe they were not in keeping with ours.

Good luck to him and hope he gets his cut price move to Blackpool because they were never going to pay the loan agreed move figure.  Sometimes you have to cut your losses and move on. 
  • Options
    Sandgaard won’t get his money back on Kirk, so either bring the lad back or sell him for a reduced fee. 

• Options
    Be surprised if Blackpool come back for him now if Critchley has returned to being a No.2

He was only really there in the first place because of the Crewe connection

Strange move though, why leave Liverpool if you want to be your own Manager, and then give it up so soon, especially given the fact that he won promotion with Blackpool just a year ago.

Maybe he'll tempt Villa into bidding for Kirk, the transfer fee is suddenly £5m
  • Options
    It might be a clever move from Critchley: he works with someone he knows who is a great in the game; he leaves a job entirely on his own terms and immediately following an extremely high level of performance which might well be the peak; he presumably pockets a chunky pay rise; and maybe he didn't entirely like the experience of being a manager in any event.

Objectively it looks an odd move but there's a lot going for it if he decided this isn't what he wanted.
  • Options
    Kirk to Villa then 
  • Options
    It might be a clever move from Critchley: he works with someone he knows who is a great in the game; he leaves a job entirely on his own terms and immediately following an extremely high level of performance which might well be the peak; he presumably pockets a chunky pay rise; and maybe he didn't entirely like the experience of being a manager in any event.

Objectively it looks an odd move but there's a lot going for it if he decided this isn't what he wanted.
    It may just be about what Critchley  loves to do and in gaining that experience at the top level.

Critchley now has a key position at a Premier League club. It's unlikely he would have achieved that staying at Blackpool.

• Options
    Kirk to Enterprise then 
    Sorry, bored!
  • Options
    He is 23 going on 24 and can't  live in the south!
    Needs to grow up really. 

Naby Sarr was younger and could not speak much English.  He was sent to FC Paris for a year and returned.  He settled well. He ca.e from Portugal where he was playing and is French. 
    Really???? FFS, that's such an antiquated comment!!! How dare a still relatively young man who had just lost his dad not settle away from his family and friends.

you do realise that everyone is different and just because one player settled, doesn't mean that all can? The example you gave isn't even a fair comparison.

as you said, sarr lived in Portugal and had experience at living away from parents before he joined us. We signed Kirk from his home town club where he had never been far from his family. Then there was his dads passing to add into the equation. Did his girlfriend come with him or stay up north. That could have been a big factor in him not settling.

a year later, if he comes back, his girlfriend might come with him. A new manager might buddy him up with another player to help him settle.

but yes, that's pretend it's 1956 again and tell him to grow up for not settling.

You should grow up to....it is not antiquated to expect a 23 year old to man up and be responsible  for his own decisions.  
    Are you actually capable of being nice or showing any signs of actually being human. His dad died at the time of him signing for us, from experience of losing a parent in my early 20's, I can see how the move away from his family may have affected his ability to settle and his ability to perform on the pitch. At the time of me losing a parent, I was due to sit exams for a professional qualification, I wanted to sit them as I wanted to make the lost parent proud but I wasn't in the right place so I put them back a year and passed!!! Or should I have grown up and sat them?

since you had a little tantrum about a month ago because you wrongly accused someone of calling you an arsehole, I have noticed that every post of yours is either name calling or being derogatory towards someone or something. I think there's only one person here who needs to grow up!!!
    I certainly am . My father lost his father when he was 9 due to gas from the 1st War. He had TB and was brought in poverty, real poverty.  The sort that meant getting a coat given by a neighbour meant someone  did a mea s test and took away a chair or loose some benefits such as they were. 
    His apprenticeship was interrupted by the war. At the age Kirk was last he had his first real taste of war....in the 2nd wave at D Day where he was despatched to disposal of enemy defences ahead of the next push. 

He was at Operation Market Garden, stuck in the Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes and at the crossing of the Rhineland-Palatinate.

After the war he went back to his apprenticeship aged 25. 

His early life was hard . There was a depression as well .He lived in Charlton.  His paternal grandfather died a couple  of weeks after his dad. He was one of 4 children 

Because of his hard work in improving himself I never had to  the deprivation he had endured, or many like him. Others suffered more in the war in places like Burma , Palestine or POW  camps in Hitlers factories.

These men never  complained and it took us years to get out of them what they did in the war.
    And you worry about his move from Crewe to Charlton.  Dear God.

So take your nasty remarks and stuff them up your rear ends...

It is mot about showing compassion.  I reserve that for the poor sods in Ukraine or being shipped off to Rwanda or struggling  here. Not an overpaid footballer who things a move to London in a well paid job is terrible. 
    In the context of your last paragraph yes compared to Ukraine and Rwanda, no one is going to feel sorry for a footballer, although he certainly deserves some compassion for his dad passing away. But to your overall point you're way off, simply because everyone is different.

Some people worry about everything, some people breeze through life without letting anything trouble them.
    Some people can have a few drinks and go home, some people need to go into rehab.
    Some people like getting off their tits at weekends, some people won't touch drugs.
    Some men love women, some men love men.
    Some people want kids, some people don't.
    Some people are very career focused and work all hours, others want a good work-life balance and are happy just getting by in 9-5 role.

I could go on all day here. But the point is what works for one person, doesn't mean it applies to all.

So you can't say what Kirk should or should not be feeling and thinking. How do you know what his mindset is?
    No cared about my dad's  mindset or the others.  

He is not in the worst place ever and Crewe is not far away . 

To be honest I find it hard to think a person of 23 doesn't understand  the implications of moving somewhere else , particularly after his tragic loss. Unless he was forced to go by Crewe .
    I see you have been panned for your comments but I do get what you are saying regards his move.
    A shame about his father which deserves sympathy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Kirk is happier up north then he’ll go. 
    No-one wants an unhappy player in the squad.

• Options
    Again nothing to look to much into but most players “liked” the photos about the new manager apart from Kirk. I know that’s the be all and end all but I don’t think he wants to be at Charlton 
  • Options
    Garner’s decision to make 
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:

Pleased to see Kirk will be back tomorrow 
    Not a good sign his wife is staying. I think he'll be gone by the end of August. 
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:

Not a good sign his wife is staying. I think he'll be gone by the end of August. 
    I'm pretty sure they bough a house up there before he moved to us and they were in the pro ess of doing it up over the past year so probably just to do with that
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:

But she can’t quite spell his name correctly…🤔,what is with the extra K & as for the spelling of goes…tut tut…!!
  • Options
    .anyway back to Charlie Kirk…
    last chance saloon with us?

• Options
    .anyway back to Charlie Kirk…
    last chance saloon with us?

Depends, was his dad in the 1st or 2nd wave on D Day? 

But seriously, I actually would like to see him get a chance under Garner. Unless another team come in with a huge bid, which I doubt, then I would really like to see if there is a player there. If not then loan/sell him in January. 
  • Options
    Kirk and Garner Could suit each other
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Needs to grow up really. 

Naby Sarr was younger and could not speak much English.  He was sent to FC Paris for a year and returned.  He settled well. He ca.e from Portugal where he was playing and is French. 
    Really???? FFS, that's such an antiquated comment!!! How dare a still relatively young man who had just lost his dad not settle away from his family and friends.

you do realise that everyone is different and just because one player settled, doesn't mean that all can? The example you gave isn't even a fair comparison.

as you said, sarr lived in Portugal and had experience at living away from parents before he joined us. We signed Kirk from his home town club where he had never been far from his family. Then there was his dads passing to add into the equation. Did his girlfriend come with him or stay up north. That could have been a big factor in him not settling.

a year later, if he comes back, his girlfriend might come with him. A new manager might buddy him up with another player to help him settle.

but yes, that's pretend it's 1956 again and tell him to grow up for not settling.

You should grow up to....it is not antiquated to expect a 23 year old to man up and be responsible  for his own decisions.  
    Are you actually capable of being nice or showing any signs of actually being human. His dad died at the time of him signing for us, from experience of losing a parent in my early 20's, I can see how the move away from his family may have affected his ability to settle and his ability to perform on the pitch. At the time of me losing a parent, I was due to sit exams for a professional qualification, I wanted to sit them as I wanted to make the lost parent proud but I wasn't in the right place so I put them back a year and passed!!! Or should I have grown up and sat them?

since you had a little tantrum about a month ago because you wrongly accused someone of calling you an arsehole, I have noticed that every post of yours is either name calling or being derogatory towards someone or something. I think there's only one person here who needs to grow up!!!
    I certainly am . My father lost his father when he was 9 due to gas from the 1st War. He had TB and was brought in poverty, real poverty.  The sort that meant getting a coat given by a neighbour meant someone  did a mea s test and took away a chair or loose some benefits such as they were. 
    His apprenticeship was interrupted by the war. At the age Kirk was last he had his first real taste of war....in the 2nd wave at D Day where he was despatched to disposal of enemy defences ahead of the next push. 

He was at Operation Market Garden, stuck in the Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes and at the crossing of the Rhineland-Palatinate.

His early life was hard . There was a depression as well .He lived in Charlton.  His paternal grandfather died a couple  of weeks after his dad. He was one of 4 children 

Because of his hard work in improving himself I never had to  the deprivation he had endured, or many like him. Others suffered more in the war in places like Burma , Palestine or POW  camps in Hitlers factories.

These men never  complained and it took us years to get out of them what they did in the war.

It is mot about showing compassion.  I reserve that for the poor sods in Ukraine or being shipped off to Rwanda or struggling  here. Not an overpaid footballer who things a move to London in a well paid job is terrible. 
    In the context of your last paragraph yes compared to Ukraine and Rwanda, no one is going to feel sorry for a footballer, although he certainly deserves some compassion for his dad passing away. But to your overall point you're way off, simply because everyone is different.

Some people worry about everything, some people breeze through life without letting anything trouble them.
    Some people can have a few drinks and go home, some people need to go into rehab.
    Some people like getting off their tits at weekends, some people won't touch drugs.
    Some people are very career focused and work all hours, others want a good work-life balance and are happy just getting by in 9-5 role.

I could go on all day here. But the point is what works for one person, doesn't mean it applies to all.

So you can't say what Kirk should or should not be feeling and thinking. How do you know what his mindset is?

To be honest I find it hard to think a person of 23 doesn't understand  the implications of moving somewhere else , particularly after his tragic loss. Unless he was forced to go by Crewe .
    I see you have been panned for your comments but I do get what you are saying regards his move.
    Nothing unusual about me being panned.  His loss does deserve  sympathy but as I said later his plight was not as bad as others.  My father lost his grandfather and father within 2 weeks when he was 9 and at 23 he was in the 2nd wave at D Day....and my dad thought  he was lucky because  he survived. 
    But how is that relevant? They are different situations, people react differently to loss, none of us can judge how anyone else feels or reacts when they lose a loved one, only the person affected knows how they feel.

Out of interest at which beach did your Dad land? Surprised you have not commented on the Normandy thread.
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:

I bet he isn’t.
  • Options
    Needs to grow up really. 

Nothing unusual about me being panned.  His loss does deserve  sympathy but as I said later his plight was not as bad as others.  My father lost his grandfather and father within 2 weeks when he was 9 and at 23 he was in the 2nd wave at D Day....and my dad thought  he was lucky because  he survived. 
    "They didn't fight, so they're different".
    - Thomas Shelby.
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:

Would have thought a footballer's wage could buy on a nicer development than that. Especially up north!
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:

BMW? poor taste
    Coupé shaped mickey mouse pseudo crossover small BMW? very poor taste
    poor lad really can't get it right for getting it wrong can he?
    hopefully he has a moment of clarity somewhere down the M6 and the startling reality that CAFC and SE London is precisely where he needs to be for the next several years and he resolves to work his legs to stumps to achieve whatever Ben Garner and CAFC want him to do.  Goes and trades in his motor on something slightly less ugly and pointless, while he's at it, too.
  • Options
    I’m sure he’ll be having conversations with Garner this week where it will quite quickly become clear whether he has a future here. I would love it to still work out for him but get the feeling he has no desire to be here.