Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    PWADDICK said:

Pleased to see Kirk will be back tomorrow 
    Would have thought a footballer's wage could buy on a nicer development than that. Especially up north!
    Looks pretty nice to me, he's only a L1 footballer too (and L2 until this time last year).
    Before he signed for us he was probably on about 100k a year, if that.  Try getting a 30 year mortgage on a 2 year contract.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    PWADDICK said:

Would have thought a footballer's wage could buy on a nicer development than that. Especially up north!
    Looks pretty nice to me, he's only a L1 footballer too (and L2 until this time last year).
    Before he signed for us he was probably on about 100k a year, if that.  Try getting a 30 year mortgage on a 2 year contract.
    Plus I doubt his Mrs earns much as one of those people painted gold and pretending to be a statue:

Strange assumption to make mate 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    PWADDICK said:

Plus I doubt his Mrs earns much as one of those people painted gold and pretending to be a statue:

Strange assumption to make mate 
    Was just a daft throwaway joke based on gold make up, how she's standing, eyes closed, cup out for change etc.

If I had to make an actual guess, I think she's just got some gold make up on and is having a drink at a festival....
  • Options
    He is 23 going on 24 and can't  live in the south!
    Needs to grow up really. 

Naby Sarr was younger and could not speak much English.  He was sent to FC Paris for a year and returned.  He settled well. He ca.e from Portugal where he was playing and is French. 
    Really???? FFS, that's such an antiquated comment!!! How dare a still relatively young man who had just lost his dad not settle away from his family and friends.

you do realise that everyone is different and just because one player settled, doesn't mean that all can? The example you gave isn't even a fair comparison.

as you said, sarr lived in Portugal and had experience at living away from parents before he joined us. We signed Kirk from his home town club where he had never been far from his family. Then there was his dads passing to add into the equation. Did his girlfriend come with him or stay up north. That could have been a big factor in him not settling.

a year later, if he comes back, his girlfriend might come with him. A new manager might buddy him up with another player to help him settle.

but yes, that's pretend it's 1956 again and tell him to grow up for not settling.

You should grow up to....it is not antiquated to expect a 23 year old to man up and be responsible  for his own decisions.  
    Are you actually capable of being nice or showing any signs of actually being human. His dad died at the time of him signing for us, from experience of losing a parent in my early 20's, I can see how the move away from his family may have affected his ability to settle and his ability to perform on the pitch. At the time of me losing a parent, I was due to sit exams for a professional qualification, I wanted to sit them as I wanted to make the lost parent proud but I wasn't in the right place so I put them back a year and passed!!! Or should I have grown up and sat them?

since you had a little tantrum about a month ago because you wrongly accused someone of calling you an arsehole, I have noticed that every post of yours is either name calling or being derogatory towards someone or something. I think there's only one person here who needs to grow up!!!
    I certainly am . My father lost his father when he was 9 due to gas from the 1st War. He had TB and was brought in poverty, real poverty.  The sort that meant getting a coat given by a neighbour meant someone  did a mea s test and took away a chair or loose some benefits such as they were. 
    His apprenticeship was interrupted by the war. At the age Kirk was last he had his first real taste of war....in the 2nd wave at D Day where he was despatched to disposal of enemy defences ahead of the next push. 

He was at Operation Market Garden, stuck in the Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes and at the crossing of the Rhineland-Palatinate.

After the war he went back to his apprenticeship aged 25. 

His early life was hard . There was a depression as well .He lived in Charlton.  His paternal grandfather died a couple  of weeks after his dad. He was one of 4 children 

Because of his hard work in improving himself I never had to  the deprivation he had endured, or many like him. Others suffered more in the war in places like Burma , Palestine or POW  camps in Hitlers factories.

These men never  complained and it took us years to get out of them what they did in the war.
    And you worry about his move from Crewe to Charlton.  Dear God.

So take your nasty remarks and stuff them up your rear ends...

It is mot about showing compassion.  I reserve that for the poor sods in Ukraine or being shipped off to Rwanda or struggling  here. Not an overpaid footballer who things a move to London in a well paid job is terrible. 
    In the context of your last paragraph yes compared to Ukraine and Rwanda, no one is going to feel sorry for a footballer, although he certainly deserves some compassion for his dad passing away. But to your overall point you're way off, simply because everyone is different.

Some people worry about everything, some people breeze through life without letting anything trouble them.
    Some people can have a few drinks and go home, some people need to go into rehab.
    Some people like getting off their tits at weekends, some people won't touch drugs.
    Some men love women, some men love men.
    Some people want kids, some people don't.
    Some people are very career focused and work all hours, others want a good work-life balance and are happy just getting by in 9-5 role.

I could go on all day here. But the point is what works for one person, doesn't mean it applies to all.

So you can't say what Kirk should or should not be feeling and thinking. How do you know what his mindset is?
    No cared about my dad's  mindset or the others.  

He is not in the worst place ever and Crewe is not far away . 

To be honest I find it hard to think a person of 23 doesn't understand  the implications of moving somewhere else , particularly after his tragic loss. Unless he was forced to go by Crewe .
    I see you have been panned for your comments but I do get what you are saying regards his move.
    A shame about his father which deserves sympathy.
    Nothing unusual about me being panned.  His loss does deserve  sympathy but as I said later his plight was not as bad as others.  My father lost his grandfather and father within 2 weeks when he was 9 and at 23 he was in the 2nd wave at D Day....and my dad thought  he was lucky because  he survived. 
    But how is that relevant? They are different situations, people react differently to loss, none of us can judge how anyone else feels or reacts when they lose a loved one, only the person affected knows how they feel.

Out of interest at which beach did your Dad land? Surprised you have not commented on the Normandy thread.
    If you don't  see the relevance you are stupid or unwilling to. I think the latter. 

What is easier.  Driving round in a Range Rover on loads of dosh and sadly losing your father or being in a world slump in 1930 and losing your grandfather and father within 2 weeks and having no income whatsoever. 

At 23 on should  find it easier as an adjusted adult. As a child this is so much harder.

As 23 year old going to Charlton from Crewe is a lot easier than going to Normandy from Charlton.  He could hardly nip home at weekends  to see his mum .  As it happened he didn't get back for 11 months and had to help in the death camps after the fighting.  

Get real.
    An opinion befitting your username of 1956. 

Explain your silly emark....and explain why all those guys who fought for this country deserve lee sympathy than a bloke who appears to think Charlton is a long way from Crewe. Sympathy is one thing. Being backed by weak wets is certainly another. And while you are at it explain why your tuned in thinking is necessarily better than the past. 
    It’s called evolution
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    PWADDICK said:

Yeah not saying it isn't nice, but if it's in Crewe it's worth about £300k
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    PWADDICK said:

Yeah not saying it isn't nice, but if it's in Crewe it's worth about £300k
    One zero too many there mate.
  • Options
    He is 23 going on 24 and can't  live in the south!
    Needs to grow up really. 

Naby Sarr was younger and could not speak much English.  He was sent to FC Paris for a year and returned.  He settled well. He ca.e from Portugal where he was playing and is French. 
    Really???? FFS, that's such an antiquated comment!!! How dare a still relatively young man who had just lost his dad not settle away from his family and friends.

you do realise that everyone is different and just because one player settled, doesn't mean that all can? The example you gave isn't even a fair comparison.

as you said, sarr lived in Portugal and had experience at living away from parents before he joined us. We signed Kirk from his home town club where he had never been far from his family. Then there was his dads passing to add into the equation. Did his girlfriend come with him or stay up north. That could have been a big factor in him not settling.

a year later, if he comes back, his girlfriend might come with him. A new manager might buddy him up with another player to help him settle.

but yes, that's pretend it's 1956 again and tell him to grow up for not settling.

You should grow up to....it is not antiquated to expect a 23 year old to man up and be responsible  for his own decisions.  
    Are you actually capable of being nice or showing any signs of actually being human. His dad died at the time of him signing for us, from experience of losing a parent in my early 20's, I can see how the move away from his family may have affected his ability to settle and his ability to perform on the pitch. At the time of me losing a parent, I was due to sit exams for a professional qualification, I wanted to sit them as I wanted to make the lost parent proud but I wasn't in the right place so I put them back a year and passed!!! Or should I have grown up and sat them?

since you had a little tantrum about a month ago because you wrongly accused someone of calling you an arsehole, I have noticed that every post of yours is either name calling or being derogatory towards someone or something. I think there's only one person here who needs to grow up!!!
    I certainly am . My father lost his father when he was 9 due to gas from the 1st War. He had TB and was brought in poverty, real poverty.  The sort that meant getting a coat given by a neighbour meant someone  did a mea s test and took away a chair or loose some benefits such as they were. 
    His apprenticeship was interrupted by the war. At the age Kirk was last he had his first real taste of war....in the 2nd wave at D Day where he was despatched to disposal of enemy defences ahead of the next push. 

He was at Operation Market Garden, stuck in the Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes and at the crossing of the Rhineland-Palatinate.

After the war he went back to his apprenticeship aged 25. 

His early life was hard . There was a depression as well .He lived in Charlton.  His paternal grandfather died a couple  of weeks after his dad. He was one of 4 children 

Because of his hard work in improving himself I never had to  the deprivation he had endured, or many like him. Others suffered more in the war in places like Burma , Palestine or POW  camps in Hitlers factories.

These men never  complained and it took us years to get out of them what they did in the war.
    And you worry about his move from Crewe to Charlton.  Dear God.

So take your nasty remarks and stuff them up your rear ends...

It is mot about showing compassion.  I reserve that for the poor sods in Ukraine or being shipped off to Rwanda or struggling  here. Not an overpaid footballer who things a move to London in a well paid job is terrible. 
    In the context of your last paragraph yes compared to Ukraine and Rwanda, no one is going to feel sorry for a footballer, although he certainly deserves some compassion for his dad passing away. But to your overall point you're way off, simply because everyone is different.

Some people worry about everything, some people breeze through life without letting anything trouble them.
    Some people can have a few drinks and go home, some people need to go into rehab.
    Some people like getting off their tits at weekends, some people won't touch drugs.
    Some men love women, some men love men.
    Some people want kids, some people don't.
    Some people are very career focused and work all hours, others want a good work-life balance and are happy just getting by in 9-5 role.

I could go on all day here. But the point is what works for one person, doesn't mean it applies to all.

So you can't say what Kirk should or should not be feeling and thinking. How do you know what his mindset is?
    No cared about my dad's  mindset or the others.  

He is not in the worst place ever and Crewe is not far away . 

To be honest I find it hard to think a person of 23 doesn't understand  the implications of moving somewhere else , particularly after his tragic loss. Unless he was forced to go by Crewe .
    I see you have been panned for your comments but I do get what you are saying regards his move.
    A shame about his father which deserves sympathy.
    Nothing unusual about me being panned.  His loss does deserve  sympathy but as I said later his plight was not as bad as others.  My father lost his grandfather and father within 2 weeks when he was 9 and at 23 he was in the 2nd wave at D Day....and my dad thought  he was lucky because  he survived. 
    But how is that relevant? They are different situations, people react differently to loss, none of us can judge how anyone else feels or reacts when they lose a loved one, only the person affected knows how they feel.

Out of interest at which beach did your Dad land? Surprised you have not commented on the Normandy thread.
    If you don't  see the relevance you are stupid or unwilling to. I think the latter. 

What is easier.  Driving round in a Range Rover on loads of dosh and sadly losing your father or being in a world slump in 1930 and losing your grandfather and father within 2 weeks and having no income whatsoever. 

At 23 on should  find it easier as an adjusted adult. As a child this is so much harder.

As 23 year old going to Charlton from Crewe is a lot easier than going to Normandy from Charlton.  He could hardly nip home at weekends  to see his mum .  As it happened he didn't get back for 11 months and had to help in the death camps after the fighting.  

Get real.
    Some weird stuff going on here.🤔
    Explain...I always have too
    😴
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too much focus on the non footballing side of Kirk's life here. 
  • Options
    Kirk might actually suit the garner way of playing.
    id keep him until January. We’ll know by then.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Kirk might actually suit the garner way of playing.
    id keep him until January. We’ll know by then.
    We'll probably have about five games between the opening day, and the closing of the window.

If Kirk isnt involved in any, or doesnt impress in the League Cup, we can always ship him out before the end.
  • Options
    From the limited amount I saw of him on TV at Blackpool, he seems to take a decent corner. But if you look only at the TV highlights you might say the same about Morgan; they don't show the crap ones.
  • Options
    If nobody is offering to buy him, it makes sense to take a fresh look at him. He was a more than decent player for Crewe at this level.
    Unless he's 100% desperate to return up north, it makes sense to look at him, even if there were offers. A new manager and a different style of football might suit him.
  • Options
    There is 100% a player in Kirk. Hopefully BG will get him playing and he’ll want to stay down here. 
  • Options
    You’ve got to garner those nuggets where you find em 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah @Valley11 it did and hopefully we’ll see some of that form here but tbh I think the loss of his Dad unsurprisingly had a big effect on him, at the time of what was the biggest change in his life. I really hope everyone can give him time to show what he’s about.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Didn’t a lot of Kirk’s success come about because of his link up with the energetic Crewe full back who played behind him?
    Perhaps the new guy signed today might replicate that for Kirk. 
    Egbo is a right-back, Kirk (to my knowledge) has only ever really played down the left. But I think your point is valid, the signing of a decent attacking left-back will determine whether Kirk has a part to play. 
  • Options

Didn’t a lot of Kirk’s success come about because of his link up with the energetic Crewe full back who played behind him?
    Perhaps the new guy signed today might replicate that for Kirk. 

He would have to be a bloody good right back to link up with the left winger.

Hopefully Kirk gets a clear slate and Spain makes or breaks his Charlton career, like a dozen others.
  • Options
    I assume he has been seen training at Sparrows Lane, no one’s mentioned it?
  • Options
    I assume he has been seen training at Sparrows Lane, no one’s mentioned it?
    Was  photographed arriving at SL on the OS.
  • Options
    No news our end which is no surprise with the new appointment. Guess he'll stay down south.