Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p56 - left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    Bought under Adkins.

Loaned out to Blackpool under Jackson

Back in the side under Garner 

Loaned out (Possibly) under Holden

What happens when a club goes through so many managers. One might rate you whilst another one does not see you in their plans

Been here 18 months 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    On the way out again. After seeing him, can't believe we paid half a mill. I know we were trying to sign him before TS was on board, so no blaming MS for this one!
    Our recruitment has been so bad for a while now...
    Didn't we first try and sign him in Thomas's first winter window?  And ended up with DJ instead? 
    We were after him about a year before that
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    He hasn’t pulled up any trees for us, but I didn’t think he was as terrible as some are making out when he came on today. 
     Nope. But people have agendas.
    What's on their agendas?
  • Options
    Another one of the gazillion signings we make that plenty tug off to and then try and hang on to how good they were elsewhere when in reality they are utter dog turd for us .
  • Options
    good riddance to a bad mistake
    maybe last season the timing was all wrong with him losing his Dad
    but saw him play pre season summer '21 friendly against a Dartford (Tier 6) side half filled with teenagers and he barely measured up - Charlton ran riot 2nd half even Chuks looked ready - Kirk was barely nuisance value against Conference South youngsters
    Good luck to Burton, they're gonna need some but Shirker ain't one I'd want to rely on when things get tough and relegation's calling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    He hasn’t pulled up any trees for us, but I didn’t think he was as terrible as some are making out when he came on today. 
     Nope. But people have agendas.
    What's on their agendas?
    1.  Welcome and introduction
    2.  Agree previous minutes
    3. Yyy
    4. Aksgeh
    5. AOB
    Always get there a few minutes late so I miss number 1. Hate speaking in public
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    On the way out again. After seeing him, can't believe we paid half a mill. I know we were trying to sign him before TS was on board, so no blaming MS for this one!
    Didn't we first try and sign him in Thomas's first winter window?  And ended up with DJ instead? 
    I really can't believe he is a player Bowyer would have fancied. 

I didn't say Bowyer
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    I really can't believe he is a player Bowyer would have fancied. 

I didn't say Bowyer
    The year before the one I originally said was the the ESI winter.
  • Options
    Loan to Burton confirmed.
  • Options
    Not one Charlton highlight in there, even though he has scored for us... I mean that jinxing run and goal in the video highlights, where the hell has that version of him gone?

Never seen him try and take on a Full-Back like that for us

• Options
    edited January 2023
    He'll bring energy to Burton apparently.

The Burton Albion manager said: "Charlie is a versatile attacking player, and he's a good age with loads of experience.

"We've got him to the end of the season - he'll bring us energy and quality in the attacking third and we're delighted to get him in."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such a shame this hasn't worked out , was genuinely excited when he signed based on what he did at Crewe but it's never quite clicked for him here. 

There's a player there but I don't think it will ever work with us. 
  • Options
    Had his best game in a Charlton shirt against Burton in the 3-3 this season.

Not sorry at all to see him go. He’s had enough chances.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Scoham said:
    He'll bring energy to Burton apparently.

The Burton Albion manager said: "Charlie is a versatile attacking player, and he's a good age with loads of experience.

"We've got him to the end of the season - he'll bring us energy and quality in the attacking third and we're delighted to get him in."
    Mind you, i seem to remember we had a rather similar opinion when we were after him.iirc
    The car spotting in the car park was heralded...
  • Options
    I do think he has potential to be a decent player just won't be with us 
  • Options
    I shall miss his 100% effort that he put into every game he played for us.
  • Options
    Not sad about this one. 
  • Options
    Just about the most disappointing signing we have made in the last ten years given the expectations. Off you toddle. Please don’t come back. 
  • Options
    Not bothered about this just like he never looked bothered either.
  • Options
    Get rid, loan is a waste of everybody's time