Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Kirk (p67 - released by Crewe)

Comments

• Options
    Maybe he's been half-arsing it on the training pitch.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Smacks of a recruitment team and management team not being aligned on what is needed 
    Smacks of panic buying to me. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Smacks of a recruitment team and management team not being aligned on what is needed 
    We tried to sign him for three transfer windows. 
    No, no, no! Don’t let facts cloud the issue, whatever next 😉.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Maybe we'd been told there was a national shortage of wingers so we immediately rushed out to fill up our "tank" of wingers, even though we had more than enough anyway?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Scoham said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Scoham said:
    wmcf123 said:
    How do we manage to sign a player for what is a decent amount of money at this level, who has clearly performed well at this level........then bin him off after 4 games?

The guy needs games to play himself into form, not be sat in the fucking stand after a grand total of 246 minutes, and when he started in our only league win of the season.
    As much as I blame Adkins almost exclusively for our league position, this highlights the disconnect between the transfer committee and him.  If Kirk was an Adkins signing, surely he’d at least be on the bench and being used in games like the last two of NA wanted him 
    Then who do you leave out? I don’t think it’s a case of some players being signings Adkins didn’t want. For me it’s as simple as we have depth at the moment and some players have to be left out. We’re not used to that because we usually lack depth and have several injuries.

Kirk and DJ didn’t put enough effort in against Cheltenham so they were dropped. Leko and CBT have come in and are playing well.

I’d expect one of Kirk or DJ back in the squad as Leko is now injured.
    Surely one of them should be on the bench when you start with two wide players ? What if it’s going really well and one of them gets injured.  I understand why he isn’t starting -he was woeful against Cheltenham. 
    I’d have one on there but it means dropping someone on what was quite a balanced bench. We had Pearce and Gunter covering CB and FB, Arter DM, Gilbey AM then Washington and Stockley as two types of striker.
    Gilbey can play central midfield - no need for Arter whatsoever.  
    And why two non creative strikers on the bench? Neither are going to create you a goal through skill or pace, if you find yourself chasing the game.

Instead we ended up lumping it and hoping for the best, once Leko went off and CBT tired, as we had no pace of trickery to create anything
  • Options
    It was widely reported that Kirk was best with a young energetic full back.  In the matches I've seen Purrington's been very good.  So let's hope they get some chemistry together and we get one bonus moving forward.  Having said that I wouldn't be starting with him on the left at the moment.  But both he and Morgan should be in the matchday squad.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    wmcf123 said:
    How do we manage to sign a player for what is a decent amount of money at this level, who has clearly performed well at this level........then bin him off after 4 games?

The guy needs games to play himself into form, not be sat in the fucking stand after a grand total of 246 minutes, and when he started in our only league win of the season.
    As much as I blame Adkins almost exclusively for our league position, this highlights the disconnect between the transfer committee and him.  If Kirk was an Adkins signing, surely he’d at least be on the bench and being used in games like the last two of NA wanted him 
    Then who do you leave out? I don’t think it’s a case of some players being signings Adkins didn’t want. For me it’s as simple as we have depth at the moment and some players have to be left out. We’re not used to that because we usually lack depth and have several injuries.

Kirk and DJ didn’t put enough effort in against Cheltenham so they were dropped. Leko and CBT have come in and are playing well.

I’d expect one of Kirk or DJ back in the squad as Leko is now injured. And Adkins is a bumbling halfwit

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    NADS has sent him out looking for Ronnie. 
    He may be some time. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I don’t think it’s that, it’s Adkins dropping players for a lack of effort or quality on the ball.

Famewo last night played with more composure on the ball, clearly trying to avoid hoofing it and even driving forward with the ball taking players on.

Davison and CBT have started due to the energy they’ve shown.

Not saying it’s right, for me we should always have at least one winger on the bench.
  • Options
    When this manager decides a player is not for him, that's way it stays, it seems. Schwartz, Shinnie, now Kirk and DJ. 
  • Options
    The problem is. You buy these league one 'superstars' but they aren't really superstars at all. They've had one maybe two good seasons at this level, but they've no pedigree. The ones that have are not playing in league one for long.
    Of course you've got to sign someone. And going for the likes of Kirk would make sense. But there really are no guarantees that at this level he will be nothing more than run of the mill.
    We really didn't sign him to suit the particular style of play our recruitment team bang on about. We signed him because our recruitment team fell for the superstar persona. And that's on them.
  • Options
    When this manager decides a player is not for him, that's way it stays, it seems. Schwartz, Shinnie, now Kirk and DJ. 
    Which seems very odd, considering he was brought in in part to reverse the rift that Bowyer had created with some of the players. He brought DJ in from the cold and put some trust in Gilbey from very early on and it looked like the days of not hearing from a player ever again were over. It's a weird time
  • Options
    Which seems very odd, considering he was brought in in part to reverse the rift that Bowyer had created with some of the players. He brought DJ in from the cold and put some trust in Gilbey from very early on and it looked like the days of not hearing from a player ever again were over. It's a weird time
    For someone that apparently doesn't know what his best team is, he certainly seems to know what it's not quite quickly. 
  • Options
    Just look at the energy CBT and Leko put in last night, they were all over it first half and that's where Kirk and DJ need to be. We now have a squad full of wingers, so it has to be the game plan going forward I guess. But, you've got to get the ball to them in the right areas. We did that yesterday, Clare made a big difference driving us forward IMHO, but I'm not sure Kirk has had that opportunity so far. Not writing the lad off, and agree that playing with Purrington/Souare as natural left backs will help him. Just strange he seems to have disappeared completely.
  • Options
    Did notice that he’s just moved into his new house with his Mrs on insta. So let’s hope he can settle down, knuckle down and crack on. 
  • Options
    Re Kirk it could simply be that with personal issues his head just isn't in the right place at the moment and he has quite rightly being taken out of the firing line. The 45 minutes he had this afternoon maybe the start of his comeback particularly now we have two proper LBs to chose from which can only help him.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Yes, but we hadnt for some reason.....the fee being the main reason I believe. So it comes to deadline day & we panic because we are losing matches & someone (TS or  Adkins or who ever) decides that they must stop the rot.

If we had been after him for 18 months then why did we wait until Aug 31st & not buy him in June like we did with Stockley. Money obviously Was not the problem as we stumped up the £500k they wanted for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I think I will politely decline to dive down this conjecture rabbit hole.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Yes, but we hadnt for some reason.....the fee being the main reason I believe. So it comes to deadline day & we panic because we are losing matches & someone (TS or  Adkins or who ever) decides that they must stop the rot.

If we had been after him for 18 months then why did we wait until Aug 31st & not buy him in June like we did with Stockley. Money obviously Was not the problem as we stumped up the £500k they wanted for him.
    He signed on August 12th.
    That's not fair. Don't let the truth get in the way and spoil Golfie's little grumble. :smile:

• Options
    Sounds like a Maddison heard his got an attitude 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    J BLOCK said:

Still after the start of the season though

Indeed I imagine Crewe would rather have sorted it earlier in the window, if it was clear he would leave
  • Options
    Not really a grain of comfort, but amazing to think Man U are paying out the cost of a Kirk every 10 days for their wayward winger.

... not to mention the 73 million sign on fee.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    J BLOCK said:

Still after the start of the season though

Indeed I imagine Crewe would rather have sorted it earlier in the window, if it was clear he would leave
    I did hear, during the summer, there was a player we had agreed a fee for but refused to come unless we matched his release clause.  I do wonder if it was Kirk and I do wonder if we actually did. 
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    Re Kirk it could simply be that with personal issues his head just isn't in the right place at the moment and he has quite rightly being taken out of the firing line. The 45 minutes he had this afternoon maybe the start of his comeback particularly now we have two proper LBs to chose from which can only help him.
    agreed - its not going well but i think this is the most likely scenario